It is currently Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: YES! YES! YES!!!!! I LOVE YOU JON GRUDEN!!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:34 am 

How about this rule, a catch is control of the ball (control being a judgment, one hand, two hand, between the knees-doesn't matter-up to the ref) for one second, both feet in bounds (although, I'd even make that 1 foot, to make it even easier), NON-REVIEWABLE JUDGMENT CALL. End of discussion.

And I do think they like the controversy and constant discussion and you can tell some fans love it, with the way they hold on to replay for dear life! What if they make a mistake? Well I'm hear saying it, I'm willing to accept mistakes like we used to, to get rid of replay. So I'm not in that group.

So what if a bad call costs the Steelers a big game and there's no review? Well, with review, the Jesse James catch was overturned and cost the Steelers the biggest game of the year. So it's a wash in the end.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:39 am 

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
...and I sure as hell don't know of any fans that do. I have yet to see one fan say that they enjoy all this controversy over the rules, and I'd love to hear where you saw or heard a fan say they did. Though I suspect it's some theory you just concocted yourself without any basis whatsoever.

It can all be ended by scrapping review and not complaining and whining over replays you see the day after the game, do you know of many fans that want review scrapped? I actually think the idea is gaining more popularity.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:46 am 

I'm not interested in gambling, and sometimes I play fantasy football, and maybe have $50 or $100 on the line for the whole season, so I get it, I'm not in the position some people are where a bad call and no replay allowed could cost them their mortgage money, to me it literally is just entertainment, just a TV Show, so I actually do get over it quickly and don't care that much.... OTHER THAN THE JESSE JAMES PLAY!!!!! But replay CAUSED that error, it didn't prevent it, LOL.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:47 am 

Nick79 wrote:
How about this rule, a catch is control of the ball (control being a judgment, one hand, two hand, between the knees-doesn't matter-up to the ref) for one second, both feet in bounds (although, I'd even make that 1 foot, to make it even easier), NON-REVIEWABLE JUDGMENT CALL. End of discussion.

That's not the end of the discussion though, no matter how many capital letters you use. NFL referees are awful at judgement calls, which is exactly why replay was re-instituted to begin with. So take away replay and yes, the game speeds up, which is a good thing, but that won't stop CBS/NBC/FOX from replaying it 1,000 times, from it dominating sports media the ensuing week, etc.

Literally, nothing changes from how it is now except you shave 5-10 minutes off the game. That's it. It solves nothing meaningful.

Quote:
And I do think they like the controversy and constant discussion and you can tell some fans love it, with the way they hold on to replay for dear life! What if they make a mistake? Well I'm hear saying it, I'm willing to accept mistakes like we used to, to get rid of replay. So I'm not in that group.

You're making a horrible jump in logic.

Wanting to keep replay does not mean people like the controversy. It means they have the foresight to understand what I said above about the controversy only getting worse without it. With replay, we at least have some sort of a chance to fix a bad call. Yes, it's very imperfect and too intrusive. But you can take steps to make that better.

Replay gets more calls right than you think. You just better remember the times they get it wrong because those are the instances that dominate the conversation. No one talks about when it gets it right because that's not newsworthy.

Quote:
So what if a bad call costs the Steelers a big game and there's no review? Well, with review, the Jesse James catch was overturned and cost the Steelers the biggest game of the year. So it's a wash in the end.

You're using one example to try and discredit an entire system. That's never, ever, a good argument.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:39 pm 

Nick79 wrote:

Then the one Eagles TD in the SB would not have counted. He exchanged hands with the ball and did not possess it with either hand for your required 1 second

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:18 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Nick79 wrote:

Then the one Eagles TD in the SB would not have counted. He exchanged hands with the ball and did not possess it with either hand for your required 1 second

But with no replay, judgment call, if the ref throws up his arms, we aren't going to go ruin the day and "look at it again". So TD !!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:23 pm 

Nick79 wrote:

That's not the end of the discussion though, no matter how many capital letters you use. NFL referees are awful at judgement calls, which is exactly why replay was re-instituted to begin with. So take away replay and yes, the game speeds up, which is a good thing, but that won't stop CBS/NBC/FOX from replaying it 1,000 times, from it dominating sports media the ensuing week, etc.

Literally, nothing changes from how it is now except you shave 5-10 minutes off the game. That's it. It solves nothing meaningful. ....Well I'm hear saying it, I'm willing to accept mistakes like we used to, to get rid of replay.

Make it part of the TV contract with the networks that the announcers stop talking about something looking like an error and don't show it with an attitude of trying to say it is not good, show it only at full speed and no multiple angles- I honestly wouldn't care, and probably wouldn't notice if they didn't bring it up and keep showing it. JUST LET IT GO. NEVER SAY---- "They're going to have to look at that again" , make that banned speech, like how you can't say retard anymore.

YES- CENSOR what the announcers can talk about if they want PAID.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:56 am 

Nick79 wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
we need replay for the most egregious of errors, .

That would be nice if they could limit it to that, they don't even try! If you want to limit replay, you don't review every score, you don't review every turnover, you just review things that might have "most egregious of errors". And you limit it, like maybe give them 60 seconds max with no slow motion, why? Because if it really is "most egregious of errors" you don't need to slow it down to see it, because it's that obvious.

I can agree with this. Replay review is in real time and the official has 60 seconds to decide. Done.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:18 am 

Nick79 wrote:
Nick79 wrote:

Literally, nothing changes from how it is now except you shave 5-10 minutes off the game. That's it. It solves nothing meaningful. ....Well I'm hear saying it, I'm willing to accept mistakes like we used to, to get rid of replay.

Make it part of the TV contract with the networks that the announcers stop talking about something looking like an error and don't show it with an attitude of trying to say it is not good, show it only at full speed and no multiple angles- I honestly wouldn't care, and probably wouldn't notice if they didn't bring it up and keep showing it. JUST LET IT GO. NEVER SAY---- "They're going to have to look at that again" , make that banned speech, like how you can't say retard anymore.

YES- CENSOR what the announcers can talk about if they want PAID.

Yes that always has worked :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:59 am 

jebrick wrote:

Yes that always has worked :roll:

FIRE THEM if they go there. Why do they care that much? They fine coaches for criticizing officiating, don't let announcers do it either.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next