It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pathetic fans cross the line
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:08 pm 

“Stay classy Steelers fans”

What? It was one individual, don’t group everyone together.

Fucking hate that team and city, bunch of LOSERS!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:13 pm 

To be fair, on this very site, we have people wishing death upon the owner, GM, and Head Coach for cutting a guy.

So I mean they're not wrong...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:14 pm 

Some fine reading for lunchtime

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-How-M ... he-players

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Paul- ... ton-follow

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Tez-d ... Pittsburgh

on the above one... yes, He is in our heads....... small minds..... :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:18 pm 

I believe Bradshaw was also hung in effigy, in the early 70s, at Three Rivers. There is a picture of it on one of the NFL Films presentations (I looked, I couldn't find it on the Interwebs).

What makes it touchy is the history of lynchings in this country and the fact that Burflict is black. But it's possible or even likely that the intent of the hangers was not racial in nature, just an unfortunate side effect of their hatred.

People should probably think through their actions a bit more thoroughly before doing something like that. There probably was a more racially sensitive way of communicating the same hatred.

But sometimes the thought process is interrupted with beer.

Mmmhhhh, beer....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:28 pm 

BethlehemSteel wrote:

I get more steeler news from bengals forums than I do steeler sources. They talk about the Steelers all season long, regardless of whether we play each that week or not.

Bengals fans are the least self aware fan base I’ve seen, and that’s not an easy title to get.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:35 pm 

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:

I get more steeler news from bengals forums than I do steeler sources. They talk about the Steelers all season long, regardless of whether we play each that week or not.

Bengals fans are the least self aware fan base I’ve seen, and that’s not an easy title to get.

Is it similar to the amount of Patriots news we get from Steelers fans?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:38 pm 

Miter Saw wrote:
Louis Lipps Service wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:

Is it similar to the amount of Patriots news we get from Steelers fans?

I think the NE news cycle is in a down year here. Except for last week.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:55 pm 

JackSplat58 wrote:
I believe Bradshaw was also hung in effigy, in the early 70s, at Three Rivers. There is a picture of it on one of the NFL Films presentations (I looked, I couldn't find it on the Interwebs).

What makes it touchy is the history of lynchings in this country and the fact that Burflict is black. But it's possible or even likely that the intent of the hangers was not racial in nature, just an unfortunate side effect of their hatred.

People should probably think through their actions a bit more thoroughly before doing something like that. There probably was a more racially sensitive way of communicating the same hatred.

Mmmhhhh, beer....

that I remember

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:56 pm 

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/tyler-is-burned-in-effigy-outside-white-house

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:01 pm 

JackSplat58 wrote:

Mmmhhhh, beer....

I would think that it's almost certain that this had nothing due to with anything other than hating Vontez Burfict....which is fairly common!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next