It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Pathetic fans cross the line
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:02 am 

http://www.totalprosports.com/2017/12/2 ... m-a-noose/

No matter the situation between these two teams this is straight up disgusting. Fuck whoever did that. They can go to Hell.

Post subject: Re: Pathetic fans cross the line
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:13 am 

Pathetic doesn’t even begin to describe assholes like this.
Once again...taking this shit way too seriously. IT IS just a game!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:52 am 

That is a disgrace to see. Seems in the comments it was stated Brady was shown last week, the person seems to do it every week. It's reprehensible all the way.

I will caution, didn't we also hang Mr Stoudt in effigy from the rafters of TRS?

I seem to vividly remember a photo in SI posted in/around 1983 which showed it as the TV crews wouldn't. That photo is probably tucked away in the SI archive.

Here is a story about the Cliff Stoudt rememberance in Pitt.

http://triblive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sp ... 42991.html

Swiss, do you recall if you were in the Stadium? B2B?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:13 am 

How do we know a Steelers fan did that?

It's disgusting no matter what but I don't see anything that proves it's a Steelers fan or Pittsburgher who did it.

I mean there's probably like a 95% chance that someone in Western PA did it because...racism.

But we should at least be able to prove our accusations

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:27 am 

The comments in the story are saying it's been done every week by what seems to be same person.

I do not see anywhere to link to verify location, but your inquiry is valid, we don't know who or what fandom did it.

It's just sickening all around

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:34 am 

BethlehemSteel wrote:
That is a disgrace to see. Seems in the comments it was stated Brady was shown last week, the person seems to do it every week. It's reprehensible all the way.

I will caution, didn't we also hang Mr Stoudt in effigy from the rafters of TRS?

I seem to vividly remember a photo in SI posted in/around 1983 which showed it as the TV crews wouldn't. That photo is probably tucked away in the SI archive.

Seriously?? Burfict's not the only guy to be hung in effigy. It's happened often enough that we have terminology for it (...hung in effigy), that everyone understands. Hell....in my desk drawer somewhere, I have a pic of Drew Bledsoe being hung in effigy in '98. Now, that happened to be the same game that Kordell Stewart had beer thrown on him, but completely unrelated. I think it's going waaaay PC to describe this as racist. It's specific to Burfict, and I would think that everyone knows that.

And Beth...no, I was not in the stadium for Cliff Stoudt's return to face the Pittsburgh Maulers, under center for the Birmingham team.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:38 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:

Seriously?? Burfict's not the only guy to be hung in effigy. It's happened often enough that we have terminology for it (...hung in effigy), that everyone understands. Hell....in my desk drawer somewhere, I have a pic of Drew Bledsoe being hung in effigy in '98. Now, that happened to be the same game that Kordell Stewart had beer thrown on him, but completely unrelated. I think it's going waaaay PC to describe this as racist. It's specific to Burfict, and I would think that everyone knows that.

And Beth...no, I was not in the stadium for Cliff Stoudt's return to face the Pittsburgh Maulers, under center for the Birmingham team.

I was thinking a game he was still QB'ing the Steelers, this is what i remember. Maybe it was the USFL game???

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:45 am 

Yes, was the USFL game.....pelted with snowballs, etc....far more demonstrative than being hung in effigy.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:58 am 

People have gotten way too sensitive. This article is labelling this as a racist act, am I missing something?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:01 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Yes, was the USFL game.....pelted with snowballs, etc....far more demonstrative than being hung in effigy.

Ok

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next