It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Pathetic fans cross the line
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:59 pm
Posts: 151
What does VB think the NFL commish is going to do to prevent fans from acting childish?

Seems like he's headed for an epic meltdown next time we play em. Between beating his team like a drum, getting KTFO, JuJu standing over him, mocking his KTFO status with the TD celebration, and now responding to this dumbassedness on Twitter.... dude is going to do something stupid and classless, even by his extremely low standard, at some point when we see em next.

Too dumb not to respond.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pathetic fans cross the line
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8122
treat88 wrote:
What does VB think the NFL commish is going to do to prevent fans from acting childish?

Seems like he's headed for an epic meltdown next time we play em. Between beating his team like a drum, getting KTFO, JuJu standing over him, mocking his KTFO status with the TD celebration, and now responding to this dumbassedness on Twitter.... dude is going to do something stupid and classless, even by his extremely low standard, at some point when we see em next.

Too dumb not to respond.


Will the next bengals coach stand for the thug behavior ?

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pathetic fans cross the line
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:31 pm
Posts: 870
fortythree wrote:
alancac98 wrote:
Damn it's just fandom - not racially motivated at all! It's not like this was the first time it has ever been done. It was just done with Brady last week, so their is plenty of evidence to suggest that Burfict was not racially chosen, but this is one person's way of celebrating his fandom and hatred for other teams players. If you wanna read more into it, help yourself. I personally think that people need to look in the mirror and ask where their man balls went to. Constantly living in the past (like immediately thinking of the perceived threat to hang a black man like the slave days or KKK), doesn't prepare you for the future. Ya truly want to look to the future, build it from your heart, not your brain and the knowledge of the past.


This might be the worst logic I've ever seen used to justify an opinion on this site.


No, the worst logic is to take an incident, any incident, pick it apart to find some semblance of racial bias, then go on about how it is so insensitive to others. 5 years ago, this wouldn't get the attention it gets today.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pathetic fans cross the line
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:22 pm
Posts: 2149
alancac98 wrote:
fortythree wrote:
alancac98 wrote:
Damn it's just fandom - not racially motivated at all! It's not like this was the first time it has ever been done. It was just done with Brady last week, so their is plenty of evidence to suggest that Burfict was not racially chosen, but this is one person's way of celebrating his fandom and hatred for other teams players. If you wanna read more into it, help yourself. I personally think that people need to look in the mirror and ask where their man balls went to. Constantly living in the past (like immediately thinking of the perceived threat to hang a black man like the slave days or KKK), doesn't prepare you for the future. Ya truly want to look to the future, build it from your heart, not your brain and the knowledge of the past.


This might be the worst logic I've ever seen used to justify an opinion on this site.


No, the worst logic is to take an incident, any incident, pick it apart to find some semblance of racial bias, then go on about how it is so insensitive to others. 5 years ago, this wouldn't get the attention it gets today.



Haha nah dog.

You quite literally argued that because someone somewhere did this to Brady before that the Burfict incident couldn't possible be racially motivated.

That doesn't make any sense no matter what kind of fucked up worldview you wish to apply to it.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pathetic fans cross the line
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:31 pm
Posts: 870
fortythree wrote:
Quote:
You quite literally argued that because someone somewhere did this to Brady before that the Burfict incident couldn't possible be racially motivated.

That doesn't make any sense no matter what kind of fucked up worldview you wish to apply to it.



Prove it was racially motivated! You and I can argue this all night, but neither of us know for a fact. All I'm saying is that if this has been happening there, there is a pattern of behavior that doesn't necessarily lend itself to being racist - just fandom.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pathetic fans cross the line
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:11 pm
Posts: 1506
With the history of lynching in the United States, sending a noose effigy of a African American male to that male may not be racist in Norway...but it defines racism here. That's not sensitive...that's just a historical tragedy even if you were too stupid to know or too callous to care that black men where lynched for sport by white men for hundreds of years in this noble Republic.

Shit, millions of morons and an entire cable news network got their panties twisted over the "War on Christmas" this month. You want to talk about batshit crazy, hypersensitive, First World problems?

Random nutjobs will do random nutjob things. I don't find the effigy offensive because it is not a trend or a conspiracy...it's just one sick fucko being a fucko. There is way too much fucked up shit going on in the world for this to even offend. I just find all the offense taken on both sides amusing. 8-)

A belated fucking Merry Christmas to you all ....

_________________

Ultimately, America's answer to the intolerant man is diversity, the very diversity which our heritage of religious freedom has inspired.


Robert F. Kennedy...50 years ago.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pathetic fans cross the line
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:11 pm
Posts: 1879
fortythree wrote:
alancac98 wrote:
Damn it's just fandom - not racially motivated at all! It's not like this was the first time it has ever been done. It was just done with Brady last week, so their is plenty of evidence to suggest that Burfict was not racially chosen, but this is one person's way of celebrating his fandom and hatred for other teams players. If you wanna read more into it, help yourself. I personally think that people need to look in the mirror and ask where their man balls went to. Constantly living in the past (like immediately thinking of the perceived threat to hang a black man like the slave days or KKK), doesn't prepare you for the future. Ya truly want to look to the future, build it from your heart, not your brain and the knowledge of the past.


This might be the worst logic I've ever seen used to justify an opinion on this site.


As opposed to avoiding any logic whatsoever and just bombing around with contrary, loud or provocative statements. Carry on


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pathetic fans cross the line
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 3485
Quote:
What to you is "no big deal" regarding our racist past is still traumatic to a lot of Americans. The wound is fresh.


How fresh can it be given we are on the cusp of 2018?

I think your comment is quite the exaggeration.

While racism will exist in some form in all countries, it does not exist here the way it did in the past.

Slavery ended over 150 years ago.

The Civil Rights Movement was like 1954-1968.

This country elected an African American as President not once but twice. Had another African American running again last year. We have “minorities” now at all levels of government leadership as well as local & state leadership. The Supreme Court. Circuit courts. District attorneys offices. I could go on.

Hardly possible if this country was rife with massive racism.

Those “fresh wounds” you speak of are far more likely to be the result of a certain political party using identity politics to separate & pit certain groups against each other. All for the purpose of them riding in and saving the day as the “solution” to those “problems”.

They get a lot of mileage out of it though and A LOT of people get sucked into the propaganda.

I’m going to assume you aren’t a young person Splat. I’m not either. So it’s likely you are able to remember this country oh say 10-12 years ago.

Why was racism not such a huge hot button item then?

Why are race issues so strong now but weren’t a short while ago? See above for answer. Racial issues serve a purpose to some political elite. And they use it oh so well.

LBJ for example gets credit for his civil rights policies. Ever hear tapes of what LBJ (fucking scumbag BTW) really thought of African Americans and what his real motives were for said policies?

The Burfict thing, that is clearly a shot at Burfict for being a scumbag. Not a shot at Burfict for being black.

Only someone who has been ingrained to see things through a racial lense would think that to be racially motivated.

Like Mitter said, do Bills fans hate white people for hanging Brady?


Last edited by 955876 on Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pathetic fans cross the line
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:54 pm
Posts: 1931
fortythree wrote:
alancac98 wrote:
Damn it's just fandom - not racially motivated at all! It's not like this was the first time it has ever been done. It was just done with Brady last week, so their is plenty of evidence to suggest that Burfict was not racially chosen, but this is one person's way of celebrating his fandom and hatred for other teams players. If you wanna read more into it, help yourself. I personally think that people need to look in the mirror and ask where their man balls went to. Constantly living in the past (like immediately thinking of the perceived threat to hang a black man like the slave days or KKK), doesn't prepare you for the future. Ya truly want to look to the future, build it from your heart, not your brain and the knowledge of the past.


This might be the worst logic I've ever seen used to justify an opinion on this site.


Ever read your posts?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pathetic fans cross the line
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 3485
Quote:
That's not sensitive...that's just a historical tragedy even if you were too stupid to know or too callous to care that black men where lynched for sport by white men for hundreds of years in this noble Republic.


You know what else is stupid? People who associate this topic solely as a U.S. issue. Like we were the only country with slaves. Take a stroll around the world and youll find more countries that practiced slavery than those that didn’t. And in some parts of the world it still exist today.

Blacks are STILL killed by blacks in Africa. On a mass scale.

Why no BLM there?

Like I said, these issues remain hot button items here solely for political purpose. It’s an issue that gets a quick emotional charge and one side uses it to appear to be the solution to all those woes.

I see little to no outrage for the racial cleansing (murder for the dullards) that is still taking place today in parts of the world yet tons of outrage for “racial issues” here in the US.

You know what is a real racial issue and tragedy? A bunch of armed thugs rolling into your village to rape, pillage, and murder all because you are a different tribe(race).

But as Splat put it, we have “fresh wounds” here in the US. Give me an Fing break.

Talk about those “fresh wounds” you speak of Splat with the kid that just witnessed their entire family murdered over race.

Those are fresh wounds. Not the stuff you speak of.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group