It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Best Pizza in Pittsburgh: The Vinny Pie!!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:37 pm 

It is the sausage that makes the greaz. We talked Vince into selling us a pound on night to cook for breakfast. We almost burnt the house down from the grease fire.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:44 pm 
VanWilder wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
https://theincline.com/2017/11/10/introducing-the-ultimate-pittsburgh-pizza-champion-vincents-pizza-park/

2 things.

I'm going to have one delivered if we make the SB...which will probably kill me from grease shock.

And Vinnies grand daughter is hot.

Yeah...I agree on the granddaughter...

Id definetly eat her pie anytime 8-)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:15 pm 

Careful. She’ll read this and accuse you all of sexual abuse.

Having not seen her myself yet being a recovering addict that spent several years really believing pussy was in fact gold I’d likely eat her pie too...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:27 pm 

955876 wrote:
Careful. She’ll read this and accuse you all of sexual abuse. ...

How about just disturbing and creepy?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:47 am 

VanWilder wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
https://theincline.com/2017/11/10/introducing-the-ultimate-pittsburgh-pizza-champion-vincents-pizza-park/

2 things.

I'm going to have one delivered if we make the SB...which will probably kill me from grease shock.

And Vinnies grand daughter is hot.

Dude. I’m all for the Vinnie Pie being shipped to you but that chic being hot is madness. By hot do you mean almost scary ugly. One more gene and she could be the Joker and a circus clown mixed.

What the

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:38 am 

SteelerChef wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:
Ive toyed with the idea of opening a pizza shop. Lol. Lancaster Berks and Chester Counties have damn few genuinely good pizzas. Good subs and cheesesteaks are a little more prevalent but not many.

I think a good Detroit style pie is hard to beat. The thick caramelized crust is what puts those over the top for me.

Doesnt seem like Pittsburgh has a particular style per se just some great pizzaiolas
What exactly is your culinary experience, if I may ask?

Can you not read ?

I am SteelerChef....note the Chef part 8-)

Chef boy-ardee :P

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:28 am 

Next time out I will give it a try

Saw the photos and it's got that hybrid Chicago and NY shape

If you real pizza dagos want to try some of the best ny style thin

New Haven Frank Pepe's

So many great pizza joints in this great nation

I'll also say the real best is in the homeland over the pond expecially in the northern parts

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:50 am 

BethlehemSteel wrote:
Next time out I will give it a try

Saw the photos and it's got that hybrid Chicago and NY shape

If you real pizza dagos want to try some of the best ny style thin

New Haven Frank Pepe's

So many great pizza joints in this great nation

I'll also say the real best is in the homeland over the pond expecially in the northern parts

In the process of moving my son to New York City last spring, I passed through New Haven and stopped at Frank Pepe's three times over the course of four weekends. Since then, a combination of being a dumbass and wanting to make it as easy as possible for my kid to come home to New Hampshire from time to time, I've agreed to pick him up in New Haven...last stop on the Metro line.

Anyway, Pepe's is like Vinnie's light. Has that good char on the bottom of some slices, bit misshapen, but for those of you that know Pittsburgh's best pizza joints, Pepe's is more like Mineo's. Vinnie's...you eat two slices, and the third is a challenge, and the fourth is only for the seriously committed glutton (like me). Pepe's...my son and I polished off the whole thing on the drive from New Haven to New Hampshire.

Pepe's is a cool place...huge ovens, ten-foot paddle to move the pies in and out. Then...girl at the counter asked me if I want the pizza cut, and I'm thinking why the fuck would I not want it cut. I say I do, and she goes into her Jack the Ripper routine and cuts it into about 85 slices. Seriously, there large pie has about 24 or so small slices.

Good pie, Frank Pepe's...not as good as Vinnie's. I had this argument with RON over a decade ago. He came to Pittsburgh, said he tried Vinnie's and it was just ordinary. Well, 'ol Ron had gone to Vincent's of Greentree, who Vince ended up suing for co-opting his name. 'Course, not surprisingly, Vince had never gone through the process of legally protecting his name so the suit went nowhere.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:53 am 

Ok Swiss and Jewel,

It's high time I try this pie. My wife and I are going to the Packer game. (her anniversary gift). We will be driving out from Altoona Sunday morning and staying Sunday night. Pushing off first thing monday morning. So I'm thinking it over and the only time for the pie would be lunch Sunday. The check in at the hotel after. Could be risky, but maybe it will get through the system before game festivities.

Question. what size for two non-fatfucks? small or medium? Also, what is your suggestion for toppings for the best experience?

I suppose we could pick one up half baked Sunday at lunch and keep it in the car overnight if it's cold as fuck as I suspect it will be.

Opinions welcome.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:06 am 

R S wrote:
Ok Swiss and Jewel,

It's high time I try this pie. My wife and I are going to the Packer game. (her anniversary gift). We will be driving out from Altoona Sunday morning and staying Sunday night. Pushing off first thing monday morning. So I'm thinking it over and the only time for the pie would be lunch Sunday. The check in at the hotel after. Could be risky, but maybe it will get through the system before game festivities.

Question. what size for two non-fatfucks? small or medium? Also, what is your suggestion for toppings for the best experience?

I suppose we could pick one up half baked Sunday at lunch and keep it in the car overnight if it's cold as fuck as I suspect it will be.

Opinions welcome.

No Sunday lunch, RS...Vinnie's doesn't open until 4pm. You COULD go pre-game, but do so at your own risk. And don't ask them for any half-baked shit....they'll likely tell you to get the fuck out, at least Vince would have, rest his soul. You could get it and keep it in the car overnight though. I've done that. Just don't set it on any upholstery or anything you don't want great-stained. Put a piece of plastic or something in your trunk.

Now, for your other questions. Do a medium. Certain to be enough for the two of you, worst that happens you have a couple slices left over. Small just might leave you wanting more.

Personally, I always, always, always....go with the Canadian Bacon....and I NEVER eat Canadian Bacon with anything else other than a Vinny Pie. That topping costs you about $5, but they must throw a pound of Canadian Bacon on it. DON'T make this mistake I made once and ask simply for bacon. Do that, and you WILL get bacon...and it will be a fuckin' grease....as opposed...to greaz pit. The sausage is great, as are the mushrooms if you like that. Vince doesn't do much weird shit....no chicken on the pizza, no avocados or shit like that. Just your basic pepperoni, mushroom, sausage, green pepper, onion...that stuff. The onions are good, too. Go with the Canadian Bacon medium though....you'll love it. Your wife will either love it, or HATE, and curse your ass for bringing her there.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next