It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Best Pizza in Pittsburgh: The Vinny Pie!!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:46 pm 

SteelerChef wrote:
Ive toyed with the idea of opening a pizza shop. Lol. Lancaster Berks and Chester Counties have damn few genuinely good pizzas. Good subs and cheesesteaks are a little more prevalent but not many.

I think a good Detroit style pie is hard to beat. The thick caramelized crust is what puts those over the top for me.

Doesnt seem like Pittsburgh has a particular style per se just some great pizzaiolas
What exactly is your culinary experience, if I may ask?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:01 pm 
swissvale72 wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:
Ive toyed with the idea of opening a pizza shop. Lol. Lancaster Berks and Chester Counties have damn few genuinely good pizzas. Good subs and cheesesteaks are a little more prevalent but not many.

I think a good Detroit style pie is hard to beat. The thick caramelized crust is what puts those over the top for me.

Doesnt seem like Pittsburgh has a particular style per se just some great pizzaiolas

Spent four years in Lebanon County....can't say I ever had a pizza that was any good.

I know of 2 decent pies in all of Lancaster County....The Pressroom downtown....and the Margarita Pizza at The Sandwich Factory in Neffsville....Vinolas in Leola isnt horrible.....all of the rest are detestable slabs of acidic red something covered with industrial grade cheese product on either a large round cracker or a chewy half baked dough blob....

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:03 pm 
COR-TEN wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:

Can you not read ?

I am SteelerChef....note the Chef part 8-)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:08 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:

He weighs over 300 pounds, guy must know a good pizza when he sees one.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:12 pm 
Steelcody36 wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:

That too....lol

Good boy Cody! Sit...stay....Whos a good boy ??!!! 8-)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:21 pm 

Steelcody36 wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:

That too....lol

6'1'' 185 :)

Good boy Cody! Sit...stay....Whos a good boy ??!!! 8-)[/quote]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:26 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
https://theincline.com/2017/11/10/introducing-the-ultimate-pittsburgh-pizza-champion-vincents-pizza-park/

2 things.

I'm going to have one delivered if we make the SB...which will probably kill me from grease shock.

And Vinnies grand daughter is hot.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:33 pm 

SteelerChef wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:

Can you not read ?

I am SteelerChef....note the Chef part 8-)
That means "none." I thought so based on what you say about food. You might qualify as a grease pusher like I did working at the Gazebo for a summer, though.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:43 pm 

VanWilder wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
https://theincline.com/2017/11/10/introducing-the-ultimate-pittsburgh-pizza-champion-vincents-pizza-park/

2 things.

I'm going to have one delivered if we make the SB...which will probably kill me from grease shock.

And Vinnies grand daughter is hot.

Please note...

It's not grease that makes the Vinny Pie special; it's greaz.....it's an important distinction.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:50 pm 

Noted.

Death from greaz. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next