It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My boy
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:31 am 

This week ended 13 years of pure joy when we had to put our Buster to sleep. He was a black sheppard mix who was brought to us on Father's day 2004 by a Youngstown police officer who found the 6 Pound fur ball roaming the worst part of town by himself. I thank God he didn't have to spend his 13 years tied up behind a garage.
We got him Bens rookie year. It amazes me how fast time goes. The only positive from this is the last time we put our dog to sleep was the day after the Patriots beat us in the afccg in Jan of 2005. Hopefully, history will repeat.

Post subject: Re: My boy
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:20 pm 

Sorry for your loss. Losing my childhood dog back in the mid-2000's was one of the hardest losses I've ever gone through, even compared to people. I was crushed and depressed about that for a long time.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:21 pm 

Sorry to hear. Had to put my 14 year old lab down last year. Never an easy thing to do.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:09 am 

Sorry for your loss brother! I remember losing my childhood dog, it really screwed me up. I have a black lab now and she is 13, getting old in her ways. I have pondered that day to come and it saddens me but I guess we just have to cherish the time and thank God for the blessing and hopefully you see them again!

My wife and I are fostering puppies and kittens now for the SPCA. We've been doing it for about 2 months- fun times and a huge help to them.

We've have a pair of beagle/pit pups for about 3 weeks now, and I am in love with them. We have to return them today to get fixed and then they are up for adoption.

This is the only sad part (and the shit show at times) but I think of the joy they will bring someone and it eases the separation pain. Then the new guys come in.