It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Booyah, ESPN
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:36 am 

Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
He was not even driving nor drunk.

He pulled off the side of the road because of medication side effects which was the right thing to do.

Yet Smith pounces on early false reports because he just has to weigh in.

His car was damaged, two tires were flat. He thought he was in California. Keys in the ignition, engine running. He could barely stand on his own and didn't understand what he was being asked to do. Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol...intentional or not, is still DUI.

Steven A Smith is what he is...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:28 am 

But he wasn't driving when the cops came. He was on the side of the road. It's Florida, he could have left it running for the AC.

Tiger Woods has fucked up a lot in his life, but this one deserves some clemency.

Considering the number of fuckups driving 80 mph everyday while texting on prescription meds, I can't get worked up about this.

Steven A Smith isn't half as stupid as Wilbon who suggested Harper should have come to the mound with a bat for the pitcher's head. Which could have been a homicide. I have no problem with Harper going after him, but Wilbon is a wanna be thug with poor judgment.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:26 pm 

If you're alone in the car, and the car is running, with the keys in the ignition, it's a DUI.

And damn, John Clayton?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:58 pm 

I think a little prosecutorial discretion is advised in this case.

I'm still getting over the fact that Wilbon was passionately pushing for a baseball hat to the head, Al Capone style in the Untouchables.

I'd even let it pass if he said bat to the knees which doesn't kill a man. Still over the top.

BTW memo to Bryce Harper...if you're going into a fistfight wearing a helmet, probably a good idea to leave it on especially if the other player doesn't have one.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:16 pm 

Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
I think a little prosecutorial discretion is advised in this case.

I'm still getting over the fact that Wilbon was passionately pushing for a baseball hat to the head, Al Capone style in the Untouchables.

I'd even let it pass if he said bat to the knees which doesn't kill a man. Still over the top.

BTW memo to Bryce Harper...if you're going into a fistfight wearing a helmet, probably a good idea to leave it on especially if the other player doesn't have one.

Why is prosecutorial discretion advised? Because no one got hurt?

He was driving while fucked up on pills. Just because he didn't kill anyone and had pulled over when the cops found him doesn't negate his crime. And he's shown a pattern of this kind of behavior -- he was driving on Ambien when the cheating scandal erupted. Why show lenience?

I'd be more prone to forgive a guy who drank 3 beers and blew a .09 than a habitual offender with a prescription drug problem.

I hope he gets help. I think it's safe to say his golf career is all-but over, but I hope he can get a handle on his life and his demons.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:54 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
His car was damaged, two tires were flat. He thought he was in California.

Just made me laugh. "He pulled off to the side of the road [because it was the responsible thing to do]" is exactly how a professional spindoctor would put it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:41 pm 

I think the fact the he wasn't driving ought to mitigate.

But the next time, we'll sic Michael Wilbon and a Louisville slugger on him.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:30 pm 

Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
I think the fact the he wasn't driving ought to mitigate.

So do you think he had his car airlifted to the point where he was arrested? C'mon man!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:49 pm 

I know but that's not the same as being that high while caught swerving at 90 on a freeway.

Tiger is now post multiple back surgeries and now struggling with prescription meds. He has to turn this around quickly. A lot of this is just bad medical care but yes, he should know his meds.

Rory McIlroy needs to seriously look at dialing back the jacked golfer approach. I think that's what got Tiger into this orthopedic hell hole.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:37 pm 

Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
I know but that's not the same as being that high while caught swerving at 90 on a freeway.

But damage to the car and two flat tires would suggest he was doing something similar and just wasn't caught. That damage didn't happen spontaneously on its own while he was acting responsibly and in control of his vehicle.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next