It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hollywood is creatively bankrupt
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:36 am 

VanWilder wrote:
Life is good.

Also rumor has it that it's an origin story to the upcoming Venom solo flick.

I read that this isn't the case, the new rumor is that Life is tied in with Cloverfield. Apparently the next Cloverfield comes out later this year, it's called "The God Particle".

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:29 am 

fractalsteel wrote:
I'm looking forward to 'Dunkirk'.

If anyone is interested in the a book about the subject I suggest 'Dunkirk:Retreat to Victory.'
It details nearly every battle that took place in France when Germany stormed the country. Included is a bit about the French army capturing Rommel. He managed to escape from his captors which is par for the course when you consider the French.

US Gen George Patton ”I’d rather have a division of Germans ahead of me than a division of French behind me”.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:14 pm 

Old School Steeler wrote:
fractalsteel wrote:

If anyone is interested in the a book about the subject I suggest 'Dunkirk:Retreat to Victory.'
It details nearly every battle that took place in France when Germany stormed the country. Included is a bit about the French army capturing Rommel. He managed to escape from his captors which is par for the course when you consider the French.

US Gen George Patton ”I’d rather have a division of Germans ahead of me than a division of French behind me”.

Patton was the man. Great vision of the future and the guts to make the tough command decisions. Maybe a bit careless with his casualty totals but I believe if he had not been handcuffed by Monty and to a degree by Ike the campaign in Europe would have been over sooner and the Soviet landscape in Europe might have been dramatically different.

In the book I mention great detail was shared about captured German journals documenting the fight in the enemy. The Nazi's spoke very well of the British soldiers ability to wage war. About the French they offered mockery concerning their stomach for battle.

The newest trailers for 'Dunkirk' just augment my wanting to see the movie.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:44 am 

fractalsteel wrote:
Old School Steeler wrote:
fractalsteel wrote:

Patton was the man. Great vision of the future and the guts to make the tough command decisions. Maybe a bit careless with his casualty totals but I believe if he had not been handcuffed by Monty and to a degree by Ike the campaign in Europe would have been over sooner and the Soviet landscape in Europe might have been dramatically different.

In the book I mention great detail was shared about captured German journals documenting the fight in the enemy. The Nazi's spoke very well of the British soldiers ability to wage war. About the French they offered mockery concerning their stomach for battle.

The newest trailers for 'Dunkirk' just augment my wanting to see the movie.

Patton was handcuffed then taken out using tactics, dis and misinformation still used today. Monty got the petrol that was allocated to Patton, Ike's move. Patton wanted to seal in the Nazi fighters and close the Falaise Gap. Looking back was Patton or even MacArthur wrong about who and where the US would be threatened?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:05 am 

Can you imagine the difference in the war if Patton was allowed to truly attack the vulnerable Nazi army encircled in the Falaise gap? Bradley gets the sour treatment through history when it was the tendency of Monty to be cautious to really blame.
Shorten the war in Europe. Keep Stalin in Poland-no farther possibly.
Ike was already half a politician by that point with his eye on the White House.

'Gasoline to Patton' -Irzyk, is another good read about Patton and what he could have done if given the resources.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:14 pm 

fractalsteel wrote:
Can you imagine the difference in the war if Patton was allowed to truly attack the vulnerable Nazi army encircled in the Falaise gap? Bradley gets the sour treatment through history when it was the tendency of Monty to be cautious to really blame.
Shorten the war in Europe. Keep Stalin in Poland-no farther possibly.
Ike was already half a politician by that point with his eye on the White House.

'Gasoline to Patton' -Irzyk, is another good read about Patton and what he could have done if given the resources.

The facts are buried, requires excavation and even when revealed events, information and misinfo are moving so fast now the uncovered facts get little attention. The ironies are astounding. Haberdashery Harry waived a demo, authorized the A's with no notice with intent to shorten the war. Later he fires MacArthur for wanting to kick the shit out if the Chicoms after Mac pushed NK back across the 38th and the Chicoms stormed the east border and attacked Mac. Harry didn't want to extend Korea conflict or risk 3rd WW so he sacked Mac. Now NK is a puppet of Chicoms with nukes. Harry framed sacking Mac by saying he was a dumb son of a bitch.... like three quarters of his generals. Patton had similar goals aimed at Russia. Both were like chemo agents seeking to eliminate what they believed was the tumor, Communism. Harry wanted no more war, but the tumor now has metastasized. Politics trumped the military mindset of the day that won 2nd WW. Harry couldn't follow his own advice..."Early in life I wanted to be a pol or a piano player in a whorehouse. To tell the truth there is no difference."

Ike's warning of Military Industrial Complex total irony, he allowed Dulles to take the CIA, created by Harry to gather intelligence to become a monster. Dulles removed Iranian & Guatemala regimes covertly in mid 50's and next planned Cuba. Ike didn't want Patton to hit Russia but allowed Dulles' CIA to run amuck including regime change right here in Nov 63. Dulles is the Founding Father of what we've got today.

All avoidable but maybe inevitable.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:02 pm 

Buzz is this is authentic, Oldham gets a nomination. Opens Nov 22, a date that will live in infamy.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/ ... r-trailer/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:31 pm 

O'Reily's "Killing Patton" is a solid read. Check it out.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:47 am 

Seriously go get Free Fire. Super good.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:47 pm 

Dunkirk didn't disappoint at all. Great movie from beginning to end. Visual aspects were incredible as was the sound. Nolan really gets it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next