It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 24 Hours in the "Cooler"
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:38 pm 

LeBeau (and I don't mean Dick!) didn't even bring me apple struedel!

Post subject: Re: 24 Hours in the "Cooler"
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:47 pm 

Nicky you didn't have to get a bondsmen.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:47 pm 

Nick trust me no one wanted to ban you even for a day.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:51 pm 

Nick was banned?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:51 pm 

Hey, welcome back to gen pop, Nick.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:53 pm 

No problem, I was asking for it... literally.

In all honestly, I have been trying to go out of my way with politeness lately. Trying sincerely to follow the rules as much as possible.

Actually I think I was just killing some people with kindness lately, I was saying "please and thank you" and getting replies filled with F Bombs... :D :twisted: :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:54 pm 

steelcity512 wrote:
Nick was banned?

Yup, it felt like an Episode of "Lock-Up", I was in my cell getting a Hitler tatoo on my forehead :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:55 pm 

I haven't been keeping up with the teenage nonsense that has been going on here lately, but I saw that Nick and a few other were banned and got an earful on the podcast about people being disrespectful to Fury. I was unaware of most of this drama. What I can say is we are all Steelers fans. We came here with one major thing in common. Let's try to act like adults and respect each other. I hate seeing any Steelers fan banned from this site.

Welcome back Nick. Hopefully the rest of the exiled are welcomed back soon.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:55 pm 

Nick79 wrote:
steelcity512 wrote:
Nick was banned?

Yup, it felt like an Episode of "Lock-Up", I was in my cell getting a Hitler tatoo on my forehead :lol:

Lol what were you banned for?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:59 pm 

steelcity512 wrote:
Nick79 wrote:
steelcity512 wrote:
Nick was banned?

Lol what were you banned for?

Not sure exactly? I admit, I was egging on a certain poster who seemed to be getting enraged to some degree, without - in my opinion - myself breaking any specific rules, but whatever, I asked specifically to be banned in some of my posts. It's not a problem, part of the fun :lol: I'll accept that I am on parole and try to be on good behavior.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:03 pm 

Nick79 wrote:

Not sure exactly? I admit, I was egging on a certain poster who seemed to be getting enraged to some degree, without - in my opinion - myself breaking any specific rules, but whatever, I asked specifically to be banned in some of my posts. It's not a problem, part of the fun :lol: I'll accept that I am on parole and try to be on good behavior.

I think you broke the "too many capital letters in one post" law

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:05 pm 
Nick79 wrote:

You do understand that's the exact definition of trolling, right?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:07 pm 

I did not ban Nick so I cannot speak for his quick vacation.

The staff of this board are good people. Our posters are good people. Tempers get heated and shit is said.

I have a feeling Nick was pumping fuel on a posters fire.

I think our ban list is currently at two...Considering some of the savages we have here...Not so bad

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:09 pm 

PsychoWard86 wrote:
Nick79 wrote:

OK, fine, I served my one day suspension. If anything, it was very polite trolling.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:10 pm 

Welcome back.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:13 pm 

Nick79 wrote:
PsychoWard86 wrote:
Nick79 wrote:

OK, fine, I served my one day suspension. If anything, it was very polite trolling.

If its the situation I think it is, imo you weren't trolling and I honestly think you handled it pretty well. I can only speak for me but I like seeing differing points of views, it would be pretty stale and boring if we all agreed on everything. Just not sure why its a challenge for some to attack the post without attacking the poster.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:14 pm 

FC wrote:

I think our ban list is currently at two...Considering some of the savages we have here...Not so bad

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:18 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
FC wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:23 pm 

PsychoWard86 wrote:
Nick79 wrote:

Thank you.

I like to play the dumb stoner card. HN likes to play the hill billy Card....Fury likes to play the grunt military card...All three of us are actually kinda bright....We know when we are being fucked with. Sometimes we laugh at it...Other times we warn. Rarely we ban.

Fury basically pissed a line up and down this board yesterday afternoon marking his territory. He was daring posters to fuck with him. You know the quiet guy everyone warns you not to piss off...That's Fury at this site. Fury has a real job...Fury also is a father....Fury refs wrestling...He expects his board to run like a fine tuned Black and Gold Machine.

What we will ban for is simple.

-No personal attacks
-No Trolling
-No Religion
-No Politics
-No Social issues
-No Racial attacks or slurs

At a football fan board that is not asking much.

We hate banning people...I have never banned a poster and felt good about it. I have done it...I have no problems doing it again...We have no blood lust for banning posters.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:25 pm 

I can't read the OP, but this topic also would deserve a "5*" if that function existed.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:27 pm 

Nick79 wrote:
PsychoWard86 wrote:
Nick79 wrote:

I was writing my article so I was not on the message board much yesterday.

I will say this...I delete threads and posts that other moderators would flip there shit over.

Nick I like you...Sir you're rocky road in this plain vanilla Steelers world...I appreciate any poster with the balls to go against the grain.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:33 pm 
Nick79 wrote:
PsychoWard86 wrote:
Nick79 wrote:

Haha, just letting you know.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:13 am 

FC wrote:

I was writing my article so I was not on the message board much yesterday.

I will say this...I delete threads and posts that other moderators would flip there shit over.

Nick I like you...Sir you're rocky road in this plain vanilla Steelers world...I appreciate any poster with the balls to go against the grain.

Thanks, the feeling is mutual.

Sometimes, I don't think I am going that far against the grain, sometimes I sense that I am saying things others might be thinking and agreeing with, but they feel like a TRUE Steeler fan shouldn't think that, because that's how they've been socialized in this culture... ban me if I'm thinking to deeply :shock: .... My brother is a Sociology professor at Pitt and you can imagine what our conversations about Pittsburgh Sports Culture must sound like, might make some people's heads explode :lol: