It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: 9...I am a stoner it should be 8
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:40 am 

Iron_City wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Pie beats the shit out of cake. Pie kicks cake's ass and steals its lunch money.

IC, we felt you were a good influence on the other podcast talking heads but your voice had just lost a couple of steps.

are you saying I had a face for radio? :lol:

Just saying it was time for you to get on with your life's work.. raising kids interrupted by occasional work at your job and an appearance on Dancing With The Stars.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:42 am 

All I'm going to say is my severance package wasn't very good

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:51 am 

I came to this site after the split at the old Stillers site (hard to believe it has been 8 years!) I do not post often, but I am here everyday - this is without a doubt the best site for people like us that bleed Black & Gold. A sincere thank you for the team running the site. We are blessed to have it, and would be lost without it. (I broke out in a cold sweat awhile back when we had the outages and I could not get my fix of Steeler football discussions.) Thanks guys!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:54 am 

Eight years, wow the time flies. A Superbowl victory, a Stanley cup and the Pirates in the postseason-things have gone our way a good bit of the time for sure!
Always come here first when a Steeler fix is needed(half a dozen times a day, constantly during the season).

Learned to trust this site over anything else for Steeler information early on and it rarely fails to deliver.

Best part is the NFL draft discussion and the actual Mock drafts held annually. I don't know how B2B keeps it together during that time making himself available nearly the whole time. FC makes sure it goes smoothly every year. Thanks to SP for sharing his info when asked.

The Mods have a tough job and sure things slip through, but each of them are quick to answer PM's and resolve disputes if you follow the steps they ask you to follow. The playground gets soiled a good bit and they do a good job of keeping it habitable for the rest of us.

The big downer is the negativity when things go badly. Most of us are guilty(I spent too much time last year bashing Brooks Orpik) of such and thankfully there are posters like MJG and B2B to level out such with their positive outlooks.
But rooting for your team to lose should be kept to the individual and not shared in any forum.
Still can't believe the poster that came out during game 7 last year against the Rangers wishing the Pens would lose-just lame.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:26 am 

As to when I came here, I think I was on that Stillers site until it died completely and then found this one, maybe 4-5 years ago. I go back to the late '90s, I think I started on the old Still Mill site in '97, the days of the Dong Sack Report, Stillers4Tim, etc. I remember I was of course "Nick79", but at that time I had my Alter Ego "Enemy of the State", which I would just post disparaging remarks about the Rooneys, and Cowher, back in those days it was the infancy of my hatred of turtle ball.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:28 am 

Iron_City wrote:
All I'm going to say is my severance package wasn't very good

it's like the CIA, you're never all the way out

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:30 am 

Quote:
thankfully there are posters like MJG and B2B to level out such with their positive outlooks.

yeah, well, not as much lately :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:33 am 

Happy Birthday Fury! I go back a long time - back to Stillers and Mill.

This site has become a part of my life - almost like coming in to a bar and having a beer and hanging out for a bit. I learn a lot about the game here and keep up with the Steelers - I used to have a lot more time on my hands. That time allowed me to have much more focus on the team and the NFL. But I found myself living through the team often which is never a good thing.

To me, my passion for the Steelers boils down to my love for the city of PITTSBURGH and for the Super Steelers of the 1970's.. I literally grew up with that story as a kid. Can any kid find a better team to grow up around? Talk about heroes - damn that was a great team and a fun time and it is one of my fondest memories - I dearly loved that football team with all of my heart and I will always love that team.

Just recently - I passed the mark of living outside of Pittsburgh longer than I lived in Pittsburgh - that is hard for me to think about to be honest with you. I still have business there so I go back once a quarter. My Dad still has his tickets from 1968 so I go to a few games here and there. He gives them to me now and I give them to my customers and friends more than I go anymore. But I can't go back even though I used to desperately want to go back because it has all changed. Thats life. In life - Change is constant - Growth is optional.

I love the characters here. I am not a censorship guy at all - truly despise it. Thats the libertarian in me I guess. With the characters comes the knowledge, passion, and feuds - thats normal but I understand what FC is trying to do - I think its a fine balance though - otherwise you can kill the spirit - which censorship and heavy rules always do.

Thanks guys - hope we have a good season!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:33 am 

Suwanee88 wrote:
ust recently - I passed the mark of living outside of Pittsburgh longer than I lived in Pittsburgh - that is hard for me to think about to be honest with you.

I know how you feel about that.

I passed that milestone almost two years ago- I have now lived nearly 25 years outside of Pittsburgh, 22 years in it.

And when my father passed away last year, that whittled down to one family that we know still living in Pittsburgh- some friends that we met here in the Philly region, ironically, before they relocated to Pittsburgh.

I don't think I'll ever go back either...leaving the sports teams as my last connection to the city.

Mixed feelings about that.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:36 am 

Congrats guys on having the best Steelers site on the net for the last 8-9 yrs. I appreciate all that you guys do in keeping this place up and going. There's no other place that I've come across that offers the in-depth discussions and analysis. A look inside the numbers if you will. Could do without some of the constant pissing matches but I have to admit the IC/KC confrontations were epic.

I first caught up to this site from when I was at the *other* site as well. I don't know what happened w/ that place as it headed to the crapper and it went from good discussions to blatant personal attacks. So when I found that you guys had split off, I came over to check it out and haven't left.

Love the podcasts, Gospel, draft discussions, etc. The insight I've received has allowed me to watch the game differently. I watch the matchups that individuals are winning/losing more often than not now and how that affects the team as a whole.

Thanks again guys for all you do 8-)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:42 am 

My buddy's dad got me into this site, I really enjoy the articles and all the updates that 77 and others supply. I don't have time to really post very often since I work a lot and I have 2 little kids. I also don't care to get into pissing matches with people. I can't watch a regular season game without reading the gospel first. I have been reading here for 5-6 years, thank you all for all the work you do. I appreciate it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:43 am 

Jeemie wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:
ust recently - I passed the mark of living outside of Pittsburgh longer than I lived in Pittsburgh - that is hard for me to think about to be honest with you.

I know how you feel about that.

I passed that milestone almost two years ago- I have now lived nearly 25 years outside of Pittsburgh, 22 years in it.

And when my father passed away last year, that whittled down to one family that we know still living in Pittsburgh- some friends that we met here in the Philly region, ironically, before they relocated to Pittsburgh.

I don't think I'll ever go back either...leaving the sports teams as my last connection to the city.

Mixed feelings about that.

Never though of that! I will reach that milestone in about a year. I doubt I will ever go back as well, but I have enough solid connections and family that I am sure I'll be there for visits, Steelers & Pitt games and the occasional holiday for as long as I can make it out of bed to travel there :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:09 am 

This is the GREATEST site for Steelers football discussion, analysis and community-building on the planet, bar none.

I can't thank you and HN and Fury enough, nor the other regular posters, and even the infrequent posters, who contribute to the discussions and add to the sense of brotherhood embodied by Steelers Nation right here on SteelerFury.

This is home to me when it comes to sports fandom. Not just the Steelers, but the Buccos and Pens and local area sports interests as well.

This it the place to be for all of that. Bar none.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:32 am 

I was at Stillers on and off for a year, maybe 2 before it degenerated into spam and hacks and was essentially abandoned.
Spent some time at stillers-forums, there were some hilarious animations there.
Also spent some time at nfl-fans.com (I think that was the name) which was an interesting site until it sold out.
I cant remember how long ago I found out about this place.

Congrats on 8 years.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:34 am 

Quote:
Just recently - I passed the mark of living outside of Pittsburgh longer than I lived in Pittsburgh - that is hard for me to think about to be honest with you.

I hit the milestone a few months ago-- 25 years in, 25 years out

it's funny that we all recognized that as a milestone lol

by the way, I was trying to remember how long ago I started on stillers-- I think it was before Tommy Maddox happened... I want to say 2000 or 2001. At least that far back.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:38 am 

And that Stillers site was way before social media, and it was the 1st real on line community so to speak, that I was ever involved with.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:38 am 

The Pierogi wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:
I have never claimed to be anything other than Joe Steeler Fan

I found one of the nine aliases Joe Steeler Fan was claiming to use!!! .

You misunderstand and you would be Wrong! I have one board Name. Steelafan77.
I realized after posting my "Thank You/How I got started here post" there was actually a board name of joe steeler fan. My mistake. I meant "average Steeler fan" you can assume I am someone with multiple user names do what makes you feel more comfortable.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:45 am 

Steelafan77 wrote:
The Pierogi wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:
I have never claimed to be anything other than Joe Steeler Fan

I found one of the nine aliases Joe Steeler Fan was claiming to use!!! .

You misunderstand and you would be Wrong! I have one board Name. Steelafan77.
I realized after posting my "Thank You/How I got started here post" there was actually a board name of joe steeler fan. My mistake. I meant "average Steeler fan" you can assume I am someone with multiple user names do what makes you feel more comfortable.

I know you're not an alias, I was just joking around.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:10 pm 

The Pierogi wrote:

Apologies about the insinuation there didn't mean to be so defensive. Jokes sometimes go over my head when reading in text.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:25 pm 

As much as some of us may dislike the moderation, anyone who saw the old site go down in flames understands why it's necessary. I was a lurker at the time, and then hopped on the troll-a-thon at stillers-forums...that lead me here. Was anyone here on the trib board? That was a disaster also.

Anyway, this is one of 2 internet forums I donate to, because the content and membership is top-notch.

Thanks to all that keep this ship afloat.

/circlejerk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:41 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
The Pierogi wrote:

Apologies about the insinuation there didn't mean to be so defensive. Jokes sometimes go over my head when reading in text.

Gotta say, 77, love your fucking new avatar, brother.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:15 pm 

86n96 wrote:
As much as some of us may dislike the moderation, anyone who saw the old site go down in flames understands why it's necessary. I was a lurker at the time, and then hopped on the troll-a-thon at stillers-forums...that lead me here. Was anyone here on the trib board? That was a disaster also.

Anyway, this is one of 2 internet forums I donate to, because the content and membership is top-notch.

Thanks to all that keep this ship afloat.

/circlejerk

Whoa, whoa, whoa... This circlejerk ain't over yet. Not by a long shot. Just because you're finished doesn't mean the rest of us are.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:31 pm 

I'm new here, but :

How did you find SteelerFury?
Link from another site. Maybe postgameheroes? Don't remember. Started visiting for "the Gospel." Been reading for a couple of years, though. But I wanted to register after deciding other websites' communities were either a bunch of high school kids or prudish right wingers that prevent "foul" words and subtly preach to you about god. Thank the good lord for this, or praise god Spence's story is a miracle etc etc. People here seem to keep religion and politics mostly out of threads. It also has a Pittsburgh feel, where I grew up. No corporate bullshit.

Anything you would like me to add to my pre game?
nope.

Anything you would like to see less of?
Insufferable threads of pissing matches and people insulting each other*; two or three people beating a dead horse for 30 pages. Feeding trolls. Happens a lot here. Sorry.

Cheers, thanks for all the hard work.

*although sometimes the creative ways people use insult each other can be funny.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:00 pm 

stillnoggin wrote:

KC when he would tell people to get ball cancer and die (he's reformed now :D )
-

I was often on the receiving end of that very comment from KC. ....and damn if it didn't happen.

Having one nut is like driving a car without insurance. .....you just can't afford to take chances.

--------------------

I've been around since the days before this board was established (and posted often). Lost my password and just lurked for years until I decided to get my registration re-established.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:08 pm 

Sorry to hear that Orlaco. But, damn, KC is powerful.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next