Post subject: Oh, Hell yes!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:33 pm 

[youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=akX3Is3qBpw&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Post subject: Re: Oh, Hell yes!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:53 am 

fail

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:39 am 

Be interesting to see what "today's technology" can add to this post apocalyptic road warrior brand. I loved the first two. The thunder dome one kinda sucked. I'll queue it in my netflix. ;)

Cast...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1392190/fullcredits/

Last edited by Steelafan77 on Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:47 am 

R S wrote:
fail

Haters gonna hate, lol.

Original writer/director. Loved the first 2 also, 77.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:41 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:53 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Be interesting to see what "today's technology" can add to this post apocalyptic road warrior brand. I loved the first two. The thunder dome one kinda sucked. I'll queue it in my netflix. ;)

Cast...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1392190/fullcredits/

Tom Hardy is a legit badass. (Guy who played Bane in The Dark Knight)

Also played a BAMF'er as Forrest in Lawless, which was an awesome movie.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:29 pm 

Off the top of my head, I can list 7 reasons why I'm not excited about this:
- Friday the 13th
- Conan the Barbarian
- Total Recall
- Clash of the Titans
- Red Dawn
- Robocop
- Nightmare on Elm Street

It seems like the only things being made right now are shitty reboots of 80s movies and an endless stream of comic book superhero movies.

I've only gone to the theater 3 or 4 times in the last 2 years, and i doubt i'll be heading back anytime soon.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:50 pm 

Last movie I actually went to the theater to see was Day After Tomorrow. I haven't been back since. Why I have NetFlix. Sure, I have to wait til movies come out on DVD but I save myself a great deal of hassle (no dealing with loud obnoxious assclown movie goers) and I save myself a shit ton of money. Plus I find it much more enjoyable at home in my surround sound theater/65" TV. As I stated I'll wait til NetFlix gets it and I'll watch it as I have all the other shitty-remakes and crappy-Super Hero movies. Its all good.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:33 pm 
Indeed I will be viewing this as I dinae miss a post apocalyptic thriller. There was an indie movie feel to this back in the day, it will be interesting to see on a big budget.

There are movies that will make me venture out...as long as they don't fuck up Iron Fist's casting I'll be going to that. But last one I actually went to is Out of the Furnace...that cast was just incredible...next to impossible for me to envision filming at Carrie Furnace which is a couple hundred yards from my old crizzo.

Not a huge fan of the Bane dude. Latest bad guy I liked enough to investigate is Jason Momoa from Bullet to the Head but I've yet to check out the Conan remake.

Josh Brolin just might be my current favorite actor...just caught Old Boy which was very good...No Country for Old Men was another big winner.

Haven't found a copy of Dredd yet...they shit all over the Stallone version, I've read this one did it justice, if anyone caught it....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:25 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Last movie I actually went to the theater to see was Day After Tomorrow. I haven't been back since. Why I have NetFlix. Sure, I have to wait til movies come out on DVD but I save myself a great deal of hassle (no dealing with loud obnoxious assclown movie goers) and I save myself a shit ton of money. Plus I find it much more enjoyable at home in my surround sound theater/65" TV. As I stated I'll wait til NetFlix gets it and I'll watch it as I have all the other shitty-remakes and crappy-Super Hero movies. Its all good.

what version of netflix do you have? Because the one I have disappoints the hell out of me in terms of movies being released. The good ones damn near hit HBO before they show up on netflix.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:39 pm 

So I was bored on a day off. Had lunch at a place I frequent that is right beside a movie theater. I decided to catch a Planet of the Apes matinee. I'll give it an average rating. Not great, but not bad. But two of the previews got me excited being a WWII nerd. And I'll give any movie of the genre a chance...see (Monuments Men) which i think sucked.

Now this movie could very well turn out to be corny. Has a pretty big name cast with Pitt, LeBeof, and the dude that played Shane in Walking Dead. But I can't recall any semi recent movie that focused on tanks in WWII, outside of the Desert Fox 60 some years ago.

I read this book a little over a year ago. It was outstanding. Its a little strange that Angelina Jolie is the director but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. If she is a director worth a damn this will be a hit movie. True story.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:47 pm 

R S wrote:
So I was bored on a day off. Had lunch at a place I frequent that is right beside a movie theater. I decided to catch a Planet of the Apes matinee. I'll give it an average rating. Not great, but not bad. But two of the previews got me excited being a WWII nerd. And I'll give any movie of the genre a chance...see (Monuments Men) which i think sucked.

Now this movie could very well turn out to be corny. Has a pretty big name cast with Pitt, LeBeof, and the dude that played Shane in Walking Dead. But I can't recall any semi recent movie that focused on tanks in WWII, outside of the Desert Fox 60 some years ago.

I read this book a little over a year ago. It was outstanding. Its a little strange that Angelina Jolie is the director but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. If she is a director worth a damn this will be a hit movie. True story.

Right on!

Hope to see both of those!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:48 pm 

I'm a fan of war movies and will definitely check this out.

A movie that needs to be made (IMO) is one that involves the war dogs.

These dogs saved countless lives in the Pacific during WWII and if done well with the right actor(s) could be a huge hit/tear jerker.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:50 pm 

Pabst wrote:
Off the top of my head, I can list 7 reasons why I'm not excited about this:
- Friday the 13th
- Conan the Barbarian
- Total Recall
- Clash of the Titans
- Red Dawn
- Robocop
- Nightmare on Elm Street

It seems like the only things being made right now are shitty reboots of 80s movies and an endless stream of comic book superhero movies.

I've only gone to the theater 3 or 4 times in the last 2 years, and i doubt i'll be heading back anytime soon.

I generally agree. I'm a child of the 80's and it pains me to see the classics from that decade ruined by today's brand of Hollywood that doesn't seem to have an original idea left in their collective empty heads. That said, I actually kind of liked the reboot of Total Recall. It stayed pretty true to the original and had a ton of nods to the original. And yeah i'm so over the superhero/transformers thing. So played out. I mean, they're scraping the bottom of the barrel making huge blockbusters out of what used to constitute the c market superheroes (to me anyway, I was never a comic book nerd).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:08 pm 

I think the last two movies I saw in a theater were Planes 2 and Rio 2 because I really enjoy watching money-grab sequels to CGA kids' movies on the big screen.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:34 pm 

The only movies i've been to in the last year and a half or so have been children's movies because I have a (soon to be) 3 year old son. He loves Planes and Cars. He's got all the toys. There have been a couple of movies I wanted to get out to se but never did. And now I can't even remember which ones they were. And I probably won't go to see anything other than more kids movies until Episode VII comes out.