It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: This is my life now.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:10 pm 

I now have a walker, crutches, and electric scooter. I'm supposed to get a ramp, but it will be insanely expensive and not something we can afford. I have 2 doctors, an occupational therapist, waiting on a physio therapist,a visiting nurse, and spent half this year in the hospital, taking 12 meds a day. Blood tests 4-8x a month, taking a steroid everyday, my arms and legs look like I'm 12.

Had to apply for disability federally and provincially. Ahhh, can't say I saw all this coming.

No matter, Go Steelers! :lol:

Post subject: Re: This is my life now.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:21 pm 

Sounds like you're taking it like a champ. Stay strong!

CdnSteelerFan wrote:
my arms and legs look like I'm 12.

You get used to it. Erm, I mean....I wouldn't know, but that's what i hear :|

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:56 am 

Hey, it sounds like your humor is intact.

Keep joking. You have to.

Thanks for reminding us how dumb political threads are. I hope for the best for you!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:52 am 

Stay strong brother!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:13 pm 

That sounds rough. Stay strong and remember it could always be worse.

Got a call yesterday right before leaving the office. Wife of a client. He died in his sleep from cardiac arrest.

Guy was only 45. Scary.

Hang in there man. Hope things turn positive for you...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:49 pm 

CdnSteelerFan wrote:
I now have a walker, crutches, and electric scooter. I'm supposed to get a ramp, but it will be insanely expensive and not something we can afford. I have 2 doctors, an occupational therapist, waiting on a physio therapist,a visiting nurse, and spent half this year in the hospital, taking 12 meds a day. Blood tests 4-8x a month, taking a steroid everyday, my arms and legs look like I'm 12.

Had to apply for disability federally and provincially. Ahhh, can't say I saw all this coming.

Hey. You have an electric scooter. :D Does it go fast?

My wife's grandfather needed an electric scooter when he turned 91 a few years after he broke his hip. All the furniture in the house was dinged up from around 4 feet off the ground and below. Every time I saw him he had a smile on his face as he zipped around the house.

How long of a ramp do you need? What other obstacles do you have (grade change, where's the entrance, etc) Have you received estimates? What are they? If you don't mind me asking. . .

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:07 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
CdnSteelerFan wrote:

Hey. You have an electric scooter. :D Does it go fast?

My wife's grandfather needed an electric scooter when he turned 91 a few years after he broke his hip. All the furniture in the house was dinged up from around 4 feet off the ground and below. Every time I saw him he had a smile on his face as he zipped around the house.

How long of a ramp do you need? What other obstacles do you have (grade change, where's the entrance, etc) Have you received estimates? What are they? If you don't mind me asking. . .

Let's see if I can reply to everything in one shot.....

Haven't been able to get the scooter out thanks to weather.
The ramp should be small, but codes make it like 26 feet. I know a guy that may build me a quickie I can take in and out when not using. That's really all I care about.
Go Grandpa!

That's scary 95.

Have to laugh, I'd go crazy if I didn't.

Thank's everyone! Working on passports to get our asses to a game. :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:32 pm 

CdnSteelerFan wrote:

May I go out on a limb here [cause I'm no doctor] and suggest watching this documentary on Netflix..., What the Health. A great introduction to a better diet geared to the human being and our most natural healthy diet of "Organic" plant based foods. The autoimmune disease natural enemy/nemesis. Plants! To your and everyone's good health.