It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: OT: NFL Uniforms
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:34 pm 

Was watching the premier league and noticed how the uniforms have all these advertisements. I guess the NFL only shows Nike but was wondering if you think they will go that route.
What is cool is that there are no commercial advertisements except around the field during the game.
If I recall Jerry Jones tried to fight this but I forgot what happened.

Post subject: Re: OT: NFL Uniforms
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:23 pm 

Joey's Pitbull wrote:
Was watching the premier league and noticed how the uniforms have all these advertisements. I guess the NFL only shows Nike but was wondering if you think they will go that route.
What is cool is that there are no commercial advertisements except around the field during the game.

You better believe it will happen. If the NFL is good at anything it's milking every damn dime out of their product.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:10 pm 

The more I think about it ...it would be a political nightmare. Imagine what each athlete feels and represents versus what is on their uniform.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:53 pm 

Steelers have a patch on their practice jerseys for I believe it is Legendary pictures. I know more than just them do this as well. just not on the regular game jerseys. I also think the NFL that is all shared revenue and in other leagues that the individual team gets the money from putting sponsorship on their uni's. So every team has to sign off on the same sponsor.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:26 pm 

Joey's Pitbull wrote:

They probably will. And then it will annoy the crap out of me.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:56 pm 

The NBA added sponsors last season. Just a small patch on the shoulder. If the NFL decides to add sponsors to jerseys, that's probably the route they'll go.

And the Premier league is nothing. If you want to talk about sponsorships on uniforms, look at Finnish hockey:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:41 pm 

damn...that hockey player looks like a billboard. It looks like the identity of the number and name is drowned out.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:03 pm 

Pabst wrote:
The NBA added sponsors last season. Just a small patch on the shoulder. If the NFL decides to add sponsors to jerseys, that's probably the route they'll go.

And the Premier league is nothing. If you want to talk about sponsorships on uniforms, look at Finnish hockey:

NASCAR drivers are looking at that and saying, "Show some damn restraint!"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:29 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
Joey's Pitbull wrote:

They probably will. And then it will annoy the crap out of me.

It's ironic, America, the country that masturbates over capitalism, is the one country where people are against this Isn't the NBA doing ads on their unis? If it would make the Steelers able to have more money to give signing bonuses, I'd put a Tampax logo on the pink socks during breast cancer week. .

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:30 pm 

Pabst wrote:

Every pro soccer team, including US teams all have a sponsor on the front of their unis.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:32 pm 

Pabst wrote:

How much does it cost to sponsor his ass? Or do ass ads cost more for women's beach volleyball? I'm sure people would focus more on those ads. :lol: