It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Break up the robber baron tech companies
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6086
Still Lit wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
I have a masters in economics. You're welcome to show me your ignorance, if you wish to continue this bullshit.


I appeal to Thomas Aquinas who writes in the Sumna that, as Boethius says, proof from authority is the weakest form of proof. :D
thanks for posting that. It’s great entertainment to watch people Inflate themselves. The hubris and lack of humility is funny.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Break up the robber baron tech companies
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:54 pm
Posts: 2086
Still Lit wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
I have a masters in economics. You're welcome to show me your ignorance, if you wish to continue this bullshit.


I appeal to Thomas Aquinas who writes in the Sumna that, as Boethius says, proof from authority is the weakest form of proof. :D


But...Isn't that proof from authority???


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Break up the robber baron tech companies
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 4255
Zeke5123 wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
I have a masters in economics. You're welcome to show me your ignorance, if you wish to continue this bullshit.


I appeal to Thomas Aquinas who writes in the Sumna that, as Boethius says, proof from authority is the weakest form of proof. :D


But...Isn't that proof from authority???


:lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Break up the robber baron tech companies
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 9290
An appeal to an authority based on an appeal to a authority. A fortiori. :mrgreen:

I simply must assume that our dear Zeke realizes the joke.

_________________
TB wrote:
Breaking news: Tom Brady is also better than Ben Roethlisberger. Jerry Rice is better than Antonio Brown. Your mom is a bigger slut than my mom.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Break up the robber baron tech companies
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6086
Still Lit wrote:
An appeal to an authority based on an appeal to a authority. A fortiori. :mrgreen:

I simply must assume that our dear Zeke realizes the joke.
joke? I didn’t read it like that at all. But carry on with your apology tour.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Break up the robber baron tech companies
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 9290
COR-TEN wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
An appeal to an authority based on an appeal to a authority. A fortiori. :mrgreen:

I simply must assume that our dear Zeke realizes the joke.
joke? I didn’t read it like that at all. But carry on with your apology tour.


No apology.

It was definitely a barb, but also a joke because I appealed to an authority (Thomas) who appeals to an authority (Boethius) to claim that an appeal to authority is the weakest sort of proof.

_________________
TB wrote:
Breaking news: Tom Brady is also better than Ben Roethlisberger. Jerry Rice is better than Antonio Brown. Your mom is a bigger slut than my mom.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Break up the robber baron tech companies
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:14 pm
Posts: 1229
Still Lit wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
An appeal to an authority based on an appeal to a authority. A fortiori. :mrgreen:

I simply must assume that our dear Zeke realizes the joke.
joke? I didn’t read it like that at all. But carry on with your apology tour.


No apology.

It was definitely a barb, but also a joke because I appealed to an authority (Thomas) who appeals to an authority (Boethius) to claim that an appeal to authority is the weakest sort of proof.


I don’t see any issue with appealing to an authority. It is the self appeal that is weak.

_________________
Neal Huntington on what he's been told by his bosses about $$$: "We've got assurances we're going to be able to continue to do what we've done."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Break up the robber baron tech companies
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6086
SteelPro wrote:
I don’t see any issue with appealing to an authority. It is the self appeal that is weak.
Bingo. Kudos.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Break up the robber baron tech companies
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:54 pm
Posts: 2086
Still Lit wrote:
An appeal to an authority based on an appeal to a authority. A fortiori. :mrgreen:

I simply must assume that our dear Zeke realizes the joke.


Indeed. Too good of a joke / tweak to pass up


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Break up the robber baron tech companies
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:54 pm
Posts: 2086
COR-TEN wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
An appeal to an authority based on an appeal to a authority. A fortiori. :mrgreen:

I simply must assume that our dear Zeke realizes the joke.
joke? I didn’t read it like that at all. But carry on with your apology tour.


You are pretty humorless.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group