steelerfury.com
http://steelerfury.com/forum/

If you really want term limits....
http://steelerfury.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10135
Page 1 of 1

Author:  BethlehemSteel [ Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:35 pm ]
Post subject:  If you really want term limits....

As a follow on for fellow citizens only recourse on following through around term limits and article 5 foundations.

at your local state level get on the proper train and make sure your state votes.

https://conventionofstates.com/

this is the only way it becomes reality

Author:  jebrick [ Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: If you really want term limits....

I would rather have open primaries. Get rid of the party primaries. It is a root the extremism on both sides.

Author:  Kodiak [ Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: If you really want term limits....

jebrick wrote:
I would rather have open primaries. Get rid of the party primaries. It is a root the extremism on both sides.


I think the fact a Libertarian candidate basically can't even get elected to Congress, much less get on a Presidential debate stage, really speaks to how the two parties and their media propaganda arms rig the system.

Takes a guy with name recognition like Trump (even if he ran as a Repub), or a huge spender like Perot to break that cabal.

Author:  Dan Smith--BYU [ Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re: If you really want term limits....

Open primaries are a terrible idea. Look at what happens in California where they are the law. It allows for a lot of party mischief.

Author:  jebrick [ Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: If you really want term limits....

Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
Open primaries are a terrible idea. Look at what happens in California where they are the law. It allows for a lot of party mischief.


You will have to explain that to me. i can only guess that the parties have the money to spend where the independent does not.

edit: I think you misunderstood what I meant by open primaries. I mean 1 primary for everyone. Top two vote getters move on to the general elections. No party primaries. people running must appeal to all of the voters in the district/state. A friend told me this was called a jungle primary ( a term I have never heard before but it is what I am describing).

Author:  Dan Smith--BYU [ Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: If you really want term limits....

I don't have a problem with that idea. The problem with open primaries is that the opposing party sabotages the best candidate of the other party in the primary.

Author:  Donnie Brasco [ Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:12 am ]
Post subject:  Re: If you really want term limits....

Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
I don't have a problem with that idea. The problem with open primaries is that the opposing party sabotages the best candidate of the other party in the primary.


So nothing really changes then? :lol:

Author:  jebrick [ Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: If you really want term limits....

A problem with the current system is that less than 10% of the voters for either party is choosing the race. So you get candidates that can appeal to that >10% of a party that chooses to vote in primaries ( which is generally the extremists on either side). Fixing gerrymandering will do very little

Author:  Kodiak [ Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: If you really want term limits....

jebrick wrote:
A problem with the current system is that less than 10% of the voters for either party is choosing the race. So you get candidates that can appeal to that >10% of a party that chooses to vote in primaries ( which is generally the extremists on either side). Fixing gerrymandering will do very little


That's a very good point.

Then you see how ignorant the average voter is on, well, pretty much every issue and wonder if any of it really even matters. The reason money wins campaigns is simply because voters are dumb/lazy.

Author:  Tundralag [ Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: If you really want term limits....

Kodiak wrote:
jebrick wrote:
A problem with the current system is that less than 10% of the voters for either party is choosing the race. So you get candidates that can appeal to that >10% of a party that chooses to vote in primaries ( which is generally the extremists on either side). Fixing gerrymandering will do very little


That's a very good point.

Then you see how ignorant the average voter is on, well, pretty much every issue and wonder if any of it really even matters. The reason money wins campaigns is simply because voters are dumb/lazy.


I am amazed how stupid the average person in America is.. well stupid is the wrong word.. maybe uninformed, narrow minded, gullible..
Most are just sheep piled up in front of the gate waiting for it to open to the slaughter house...

The ones that make me laugh the most is when reporters go to a school and ask students what they think of said candidate's position but they have swapped names ie Hillary for Trump..

I just hope I am dead and gone before that group of people are old enough to be in charge..

Author:  955876 [ Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: If you really want term limits....

Like a few weeks back when they went to college campuses to ask students what they thought of the State of the Union address.

Some of those interviewed said how “racist” it was.

I loved the blank look on their ignorant faces after being told the speech hadn’t even occurred yet.

Author:  Dan Smith--BYU [ Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:11 am ]
Post subject:  Re: If you really want term limits....

They think they're woke Jedis when they're really Soros' stormtroopers.

Author:  Kodiak [ Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: If you really want term limits....

Tundralag wrote:
The ones that make me laugh the most is when reporters go to a school and ask students what they think of said candidate's position but they have swapped names ie Hillary for Trump..

I just hope I am dead and gone before that group of people are old enough to be in charge..


I think it's always been this way. Difference is now the internet gives people all the ability they need to be more informed, but they either can't or won't sift thru the garbage to educate themselves. Mainly people use the internet to confirm/validate their views...and the result is they are as stupid as ever, but now much louder and more obnoxious about it.

Basically the internet created a demand for propaganda, and essentially destroy good, honest journalism. The so-called mainstream media was getting killed, and so they ALL started slanting their coverage to different groups in much the same way a product/brand targets specific demographics.

Author:  BethlehemSteel [ Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: If you really want term limits....

Kodiak wrote:
Tundralag wrote:
The ones that make me laugh the most is when reporters go to a school and ask students what they think of said candidate's position but they have swapped names ie Hillary for Trump..

I just hope I am dead and gone before that group of people are old enough to be in charge..


I think it's always been this way. Difference is now the internet gives people all the ability they need to be more informed, but they either can't or won't sift thru the garbage to educate themselves. Mainly people use the internet to confirm/validate their views...and the result is they are as stupid as ever, but now much louder and more obnoxious about it.

Basically the internet created a demand for propaganda, and essentially destroy good, honest journalism. The so-called mainstream media was getting killed, and so they ALL started slanting their coverage to different groups in much the same way a product/brand targets specific demographics.


The propaganda is acceptable to all law needs to be revoked.

Author:  jebrick [ Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: If you really want term limits....

A lie can run around the world before the truth gets it's shoes on.

Author:  Tundralag [ Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: If you really want term limits....

I am truly amazed at this gun grab shit that's going on now.. That march and the interviews.. most of those sheep had no idea what or why they were there..
No clue to really anything.. And as if all those HS kids could assemble that quick and have that much money... ya right..
they should have marched on Chicago not DC..

all this is doing is driving gun sales up.. along with the prices..

I think they should make the legal age to own a smart phone 21... lets see what happens then.. all those man buns would fall off with the stress..Snow flakes would have to actually do some critical thinking instead of facebook..

well one can dream...

Author:  Kodiak [ Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: If you really want term limits....

Tundralag wrote:
I think they should make the legal age to own a smart phone 21... lets see what happens then..


I was just going to say this. I don't know if it's true, but a pop-up ad I keep getting says something about "11 teens die every day from texting and driving".

So, yeah, maybe stopping texting & driving needs to be a bit higher priority than guns.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/