It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: NON-PARTISAN political post
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7286
Anyone else disgusted by the unseemly video of the douchebags, both sides of the aisle, in Congress...toasting themselves for voting to open the government again?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NON-PARTISAN political post
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:55 pm
Posts: 1665
swissvale72 wrote:
Anyone else disgusted by the unseemly video of the douchebags, both sides of the aisle, in Congress...toasting themselves for voting to open the government again?


Shit like this is a significant part of why a guy like Trump gets into office. He promised to burn the establishment down, and that's really what a large portion of the voter base wants. Someone to put the fear of God into congress. And it's why Trump supporters continue to support him in the face of the disaster he's creating. He's creating outrage and chaos in a system they no longer support, and they absolutely love it.

And I don't disagree with the sentiment. Current state of our government is infuriating to me. Now, obviously, you want a better person to do that dismantling. But, well, here we are.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NON-PARTISAN political post
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5462
Can you site some specific examples of "disaster" that's being created?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NON-PARTISAN political post
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:14 pm
Posts: 1238
This thread has zero shot of not getting locked. Until it does I'll grab my popcorn....

_________________
Neal Huntington on what he's been told by his bosses about $$$: "We've got assurances we're going to be able to continue to do what we've done."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NON-PARTISAN political post
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6257
R S wrote:
Can you site some specific examples of "disaster" that's being created?
Regardless of how you define "disaster," suffice it to say that his approval ratings are in the toilet amongst the entire country, not just the 26% of the voting public that voted for him. So it seems the majority of the country isn't too thrilled with him or his policies. And the rest of the civilized world doesn't think so highly of him or his policies either. Call it fake news if you like.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NON-PARTISAN political post
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5462
COR-TEN wrote:
R S wrote:
Can you site some specific examples of "disaster" that's being created?
Regardless of how you define "disaster," suffice it to say that his approval ratings are in the toilet amongst the entire country, not just the 26% of the voting public that voted for him. So it seems the majority of the country isn't too thrilled with him or his policies. And the rest of the civilized world doesn't think so highly of him or his policies either. Call it fake news if you like.


I get that he's not likeable. He tweets non-stop. He says inflammatory things regularly. But outside of his crude demeanor, I just wonder what fuels the "sky is falling" crowd. If you really look, you'll see more progress with his fingerprints on than disasters.


Edit: Swiss, you are the king of starting non-political, political threads. People like Cor-Ten and I cannot help but take the bait. Might as well.........

Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NON-PARTISAN political post
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6257
R S wrote:
If you really look, you'll see more progress with his fingerprints on than disasters.
That is subject to interpretation. I won't get into it here, or now. But disaster or progress is defined differently for the left and right.

At least we're keeping this civil, right?

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NON-PARTISAN political post
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5462
COR-TEN wrote:
R S wrote:
If you really look, you'll see more progress with his fingerprints on than disasters.
That is subject to interpretation. I won't get into it here, or now. But disaster or progress is defined differently for the left and right.

At least we're keeping this civil, right?


Yes, I'm proud of us.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NON-PARTISAN political post
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6257
R S wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
R S wrote:
If you really look, you'll see more progress with his fingerprints on than disasters.
That is subject to interpretation. I won't get into it here, or now. But disaster or progress is defined differently for the left and right.

At least we're keeping this civil, right?


Yes, I'm proud of us.
Now go ask mommy for a cookie.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NON-PARTISAN political post
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:18 pm
Posts: 272
Location: Youngstown, Ohio
I have voted for both sides. The sad thing is, it doesn't really matter who is in office. Our country is changing daily and I think it's getting worse and it doesn't matter if Hillary, Obama, or Trump is in office. The wheels for today started spinning decades ago and there is no going back.

"Well my daddy come on the 0hio works
When he come home from world war two
Now the yards just scrap and rubble
He said, "Them big boys did what Hitler couldn't do"
These mills they built the tanks and bombs
That won this country's wars
We sent our sons to Korea and Vietnam
Now we're wondering what they were dyin' for"


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group