It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: NON-PARTISAN political post
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:21 am 

Anyone else disgusted by the unseemly video of the douchebags, both sides of the aisle, in Congress...toasting themselves for voting to open the government again?

Post subject: Re: NON-PARTISAN political post
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:55 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
Anyone else disgusted by the unseemly video of the douchebags, both sides of the aisle, in Congress...toasting themselves for voting to open the government again?

Shit like this is a significant part of why a guy like Trump gets into office. He promised to burn the establishment down, and that's really what a large portion of the voter base wants. Someone to put the fear of God into congress. And it's why Trump supporters continue to support him in the face of the disaster he's creating. He's creating outrage and chaos in a system they no longer support, and they absolutely love it.

And I don't disagree with the sentiment. Current state of our government is infuriating to me. Now, obviously, you want a better person to do that dismantling. But, well, here we are.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:26 pm 

Can you site some specific examples of "disaster" that's being created?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:28 pm 

This thread has zero shot of not getting locked. Until it does I'll grab my popcorn....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:48 pm 

R S wrote:
Regardless of how you define "disaster," suffice it to say that his approval ratings are in the toilet amongst the entire country, not just the 26% of the voting public that voted for him. So it seems the majority of the country isn't too thrilled with him or his policies. And the rest of the civilized world doesn't think so highly of him or his policies either. Call it fake news if you like.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:56 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
R S wrote:
Regardless of how you define "disaster," suffice it to say that his approval ratings are in the toilet amongst the entire country, not just the 26% of the voting public that voted for him. So it seems the majority of the country isn't too thrilled with him or his policies. And the rest of the civilized world doesn't think so highly of him or his policies either. Call it fake news if you like.

I get that he's not likeable. He tweets non-stop. He says inflammatory things regularly. But outside of his crude demeanor, I just wonder what fuels the "sky is falling" crowd. If you really look, you'll see more progress with his fingerprints on than disasters.

Edit: Swiss, you are the king of starting non-political, political threads. People like Cor-Ten and I cannot help but take the bait. Might as well.........

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:39 pm 

R S wrote:
If you really look, you'll see more progress with his fingerprints on than disasters.
That is subject to interpretation. I won't get into it here, or now. But disaster or progress is defined differently for the left and right.

At least we're keeping this civil, right?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:19 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
R S wrote:
If you really look, you'll see more progress with his fingerprints on than disasters.
That is subject to interpretation. I won't get into it here, or now. But disaster or progress is defined differently for the left and right.

Yes, I'm proud of us.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:23 pm 

R S wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
R S wrote:

Yes, I'm proud of us.
Now go ask mommy for a cookie.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:35 pm 

I have voted for both sides. The sad thing is, it doesn't really matter who is in office. Our country is changing daily and I think it's getting worse and it doesn't matter if Hillary, Obama, or Trump is in office. The wheels for today started spinning decades ago and there is no going back.

"Well my daddy come on the 0hio works
When he come home from world war two
Now the yards just scrap and rubble
He said, "Them big boys did what Hitler couldn't do"
These mills they built the tanks and bombs
That won this country's wars
We sent our sons to Korea and Vietnam
Now we're wondering what they were dyin' for"

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next