It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Judge Strikes Down Citizenship Census Question
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 1198
Quote:
Most dont even know what it is they dont know. And that can be applied to military personnel just as well. The difference however is that one is making potentially what could be a huge sacrifice while the other could be a high school drop out that lives in his mommy’s basement getting high while playing video games. The kid likely could not locate Venezuela on a map.

Or maybe even South Dakota.

I personally don’t want that kid influencing my life.


I honestly think I have met more 18 year olds I'd want voting than I've met 70+ year olds I want voting.

_________________
Fire Tomlin.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Judge Strikes Down Citizenship Census Question
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4942
If that was really able to be put to the test I’d be pretty comfortable laying my money on the 70 year olds.

Might not remember better bet than just never knew...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Judge Strikes Down Citizenship Census Question
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 15058
https://www.yahoo.com/news/ms-13-gang-m ... 47196.html

Another "Fake News" story? Been going on for decades.

_________________
"Tomlin?? The guy is a massive fraud, hes no leader of men, hes an enabler of clowns." GreekSteel


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Judge Strikes Down Citizenship Census Question
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 13127
SteelKnife wrote:
I honestly think I have met more 18 year olds I'd want voting than I've met 70+ year olds I want voting.


I've honestly met more 18 year olds that weren't qualified to wipe my ass. Many of them had college degrees, but that's another thread....

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Judge Strikes Down Citizenship Census Question
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:58 pm
Posts: 933
Kodiak wrote:
SteelKnife wrote:
I honestly think I have met more 18 year olds I'd want voting than I've met 70+ year olds I want voting.


I've honestly met more 18 year olds that weren't qualified to wipe my ass. Many of them had college degrees, but that's another thread....


There are many, many people from all age brackets that I do not consider to be qualified to vote. There are many extremely impressive, informed 18 year olds, and there are many that know next to nothing. I can say the same about 40 year olds. And there are plenty 80 year olds who are facing senility, but also a great number who are as sharp as a tack.

An 18 year old is an adult. They can serve in the military, purchase a home, and work a full time job (and pay the associated taxes). They have a right to have a say in who makes important policy decisions that have a direct affect on them.

Let's be real for a sec --

The reason you don't want young people to vote is because they overwhelmingly vote democrat. I don't want old people to vote because they overwhelmingly vote republican. We've each created justifications for those positions. But being an informed voter doesn't come with a minimum age requirement, nor does it have an age limit. And, given that voting is a fundamental right, I'm a lot more inclined to expand voting rights than I am to restrict them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Judge Strikes Down Citizenship Census Question
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 7379
Laying the Wood wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
SteelKnife wrote:
I honestly think I have met more 18 year olds I'd want voting than I've met 70+ year olds I want voting.


I've honestly met more 18 year olds that weren't qualified to wipe my ass. Many of them had college degrees, but that's another thread....


There are many, many people from all age brackets that I do not consider to be qualified to vote. There are many extremely impressive, informed 18 year olds, and there are many that know next to nothing. I can say the same about 40 year olds. And there are plenty 80 year olds who are facing senility, but also a great number who are as sharp as a tack.

An 18 year old is an adult. They can serve in the military, purchase a home, and work a full time job (and pay the associated taxes). They have a right to have a say in who makes important policy decisions that have a direct affect on them.

Let's be real for a sec --

The reason you don't want young people to vote is because they overwhelmingly vote democrat. I don't want old people to vote because they overwhelmingly vote republican. We've each created justifications for those positions. But being an informed voter doesn't come with a minimum age requirement, nor does it have an age limit. And, given that voting is a fundamental right, I'm a lot more inclined to expand voting rights than I am to restrict them.
Wait until legislation is introduced requiring property ownership to vote. I know that's what die hard conservatives want. Imagine what kind of world that would be. . .

But instead of changing the message or progressing with the times, conservatives want to restrict voters and put the handbrake on progress because they know their message is tired and old. Stagnant, stale, and proven wrong. So instead of moving in the direction the public wants, they restrict voting rights, immigration, and anything else to impose upon the public that which the majority do not want. Only 26% voted for dumpster. The GOP knows that if everyone votes, they lose. Prime example is a national digitized database and background check for gun ownership. The majority of the public wants this, yet it cannot become law because the right doesn't want it on the basis of ideology. It's been sold as "Gubmint comin' fo yo guns!!!"

But we'll see in 2020 what the public wants.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Judge Strikes Down Citizenship Census Question
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:14 pm
Posts: 1381
Kodiak wrote:
SteelKnife wrote:
I honestly think I have met more 18 year olds I'd want voting than I've met 70+ year olds I want voting.


I've honestly met more 18 year olds that weren't qualified to wipe my ass. Many of them had college degrees, but that's another thread....


Wow. I've heard of these Doogie Houser kids, but I've never met one. I've had some some really prodigy engineers come through my workplace as interns, but none of them were ever under 20.

_________________
Neal Huntington on what he's been told by his bosses about $$$: "We've got assurances we're going to be able to continue to do what we've done."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Judge Strikes Down Citizenship Census Question
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 7379
SteelPro wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
SteelKnife wrote:
I honestly think I have met more 18 year olds I'd want voting than I've met 70+ year olds I want voting.


I've honestly met more 18 year olds that weren't qualified to wipe my ass. Many of them had college degrees, but that's another thread....


Wow. I've heard of these Doogie Houser kids, but I've never met one. I've had some some really prodigy engineers come through my workplace as interns, but none of them were ever under 20.
To some degree I'd say David Hogg has his head screwed on right. More so than dumbfucks like LBell and AB. But yeah. I knew a lot of idjits in HS. The same ones that called Iranians ragheads and sand niggers. And didn't know the difference between communism and socialism while swallowing hook line and sinker reagan's bullshit.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Judge Strikes Down Citizenship Census Question
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 13127
COR-TEN wrote:
To some degree I'd say David Hogg has his head screwed on right.


Wow. I thought you were a total dumbass, but I had no idea just how much.

Sucking off David Hogg makes you an absolute legend....

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Judge Strikes Down Citizenship Census Question
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4942
Quote:
Only 26% voted for dumpster.


This is either socialist math, wishful thinking, or the cackling hens from The View and/or CNN have caught another live one.

Explain how 26% could possibly lead to 304 vs 227??

Explain how 62,984,828 vs 65,853,514 equates one being 26% and the other 74%


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Judge Strikes Down Citizenship Census Question
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 7379
Not only is Kodiak an idiot and a bigot, but a homophobe as well. Niice. Keep posting. It makes you look really good. /s

You just got owned by a dumb, ignorant, fantasy land college professor, and you still stand by your idiocy. I'll say it is entertaining if not pathetic at the same time.

26% of the voter eligible public voted for dumpster. So that's roughly a quarter, which is a fucking minority. I know it is what it is, but jeesus fucking christ. Look at the goddamn numbers. Are you really this stupid?

Image

From here : https://mises.org/wire/26-percent-eligi ... oted-trump

But I'm sure it'll just be labeled as fake news. And it's not the only source. But go ahead and quibble about a percentage point or three.

Dumbass.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Judge Strikes Down Citizenship Census Question
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 5049
COR-TEN wrote:
Not only is Kodiak an idiot and a bigot, but a homophobe as well. Niice. Keep posting. It makes you look really good. /s

You just got owned by a dumb, ignorant, fantasy land college professor, and you still stand by your idiocy. I'll say it is entertaining if not pathetic at the same time.

26% of the voter eligible public voted for dumpster. So that's roughly a quarter, which is a fucking minority. I know it is what it is, but jeesus fucking christ. Look at the goddamn numbers. Are you really this stupid?

Image

From here : https://mises.org/wire/26-percent-eligi ... oted-trump

But I'm sure it'll just be labeled as fake news. And it's not the only source. But go ahead and quibble about a percentage point or three.

Dumbass.


If I'm reading that pie chart right, 26% voted for Clinton?

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Judge Strikes Down Citizenship Census Question
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:57 pm
Posts: 3498
Donnie Brasco wrote:
[

If I'm reading that pie chart right, 26% voted for Clinton?


26% of ALL eligible voters. The big blue part of the pie did not vote or voted for someone else.

_________________
"Honesty may be the best policy, but it's important to remember that apparently, by elimination, dishonesty is the second-best policy."
-- George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Judge Strikes Down Citizenship Census Question
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 5049
jebrick wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:
[

If I'm reading that pie chart right, 26% voted for Clinton?


26% of ALL eligible voters. The big blue part of the pie did not vote or voted for someone else.


Yes, I should have clarified

So I'm unsure what the OP's point was:

26% voted for Trump
26% voted for HRC

Was there a punchline? (not directed at you per se)

This was a poor turnout year regardless...partly due to the polls believing HRC was a shoe-in and essentially many believed their vote wouldn't sway anything.

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Judge Strikes Down Citizenship Census Question
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 7379
The point is that only 26% of the public is on board with this preszident's* policies. A huge minority. Nobody wants this, yet this is what we get. They make it seem like the entire country is behind the bullshit, which is bullshit. So the right should stop acting like they want democracy and freedom. They don't.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Judge Strikes Down Citizenship Census Question
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 5049
COR-TEN wrote:
The point is that only 26% of the public is on board with this preszident's* policies. A huge minority. Nobody wants this, yet this is what we get. They make it seem like the entire country is behind the bullshit, which is bullshit. So the right should stop acting like they want democracy and freedom. They don't.


And if HRC was elected you could say the exact same thing: the majority isn't onboard with her policies.

Again- what is your point except to further prove this was a poor turnout?

I'm not sure where exactly you're going with this...it sounds like you're spinning a percentage narrative

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Judge Strikes Down Citizenship Census Question
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:14 pm
Posts: 1381
COR-TEN wrote:
The point is that only 26% of the public is on board with this preszident's* policies. A huge minority. Nobody wants this, yet this is what we get. They make it seem like the entire country is behind the bullshit, which is bullshit.


By the standard you are using no president would have a majority support ever... Presidential elections have routinely hovered around 60% participation. It is nearly impossible for any candidate to even get 35% of eligible voters. At 60% participation a candidate would need to take more than 58% of the vote to reach 35% of the eligible vote. That hasn't happen since Reagan in 1984.

_________________
Neal Huntington on what he's been told by his bosses about $$$: "We've got assurances we're going to be able to continue to do what we've done."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Judge Strikes Down Citizenship Census Question
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 7379
Wait. I was responding to someone contesting the idea that 26% voted for dumpster, and that most of the country is in favor of his bullshit. I provided some facts.

And now I get arguments over history and who votes for this and that?

Whatever.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Judge Strikes Down Citizenship Census Question
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 5049
COR-TEN wrote:
Wait. I was responding to someone contesting the idea that 26% voted for dumpster, and that most of the country is in favor of his bullshit. I provided some facts.

And now I get arguments over history and who votes for this and that?

Whatever.


But you failed to provide any context, hence the confusion.

There's a difference between a percentage of ELIGIBLE VOTERS vs a percentage of whom voted- that is why the math seemed to not make any sense at first glance

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Judge Strikes Down Citizenship Census Question
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:14 pm
Posts: 1381
Donnie Brasco wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
Wait. I was responding to someone contesting the idea that 26% voted for dumpster, and that most of the country is in favor of his bullshit. I provided some facts.

And now I get arguments over history and who votes for this and that?

Whatever.


But you failed to provide any context, hence the confusion.

There's a difference between a percentage of ELIGIBLE VOTERS vs a percentage of whom voted- that is why the math seemed to not make any sense at first glance

The same article COR-TEN linked to as a reference states this...

The numbers become even smaller when we look at how many votes he received as a proportion of the population overall. In this case, Trump won votes from only 19 percent of the overall population.

There is nothing unique about these numbers, however, when compared against other elections.

In 1992, Bill Clinton won with similar numbers, when he received 43 percent of all votes cast, and received votes from under 30 percent of the voter-eligible population.

Even in the largest blowout in the past 40 years — Reagan's 1984 election — the victor won only 34% of the voter-eligible population.

Also notable is the fact that the 2016 election marks the fourth time in the past seven elections that the victor failed to break the 50-percent mark. In 1992, 1996, 2000, and now 2016, the winner has failed to win a majority of the votes cast.

None of this means the winners aren't the winners, of course. They each won according to the rules (with the possible exception of 2000, when judges interpreted the rules to suit their own political agendas).


https://mises.org/wire/26-percent-eligi ... oted-trump

_________________
Neal Huntington on what he's been told by his bosses about $$$: "We've got assurances we're going to be able to continue to do what we've done."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Judge Strikes Down Citizenship Census Question
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4942
COR-TEN wrote:
Wait. I was responding to someone contesting the idea that 26% voted for dumpster, and that most of the country is in favor of his bullshit. I provided some facts.

And now I get arguments over history and who votes for this and that?

Whatever.


Let’s delve into those “facts”...

When you said “only 26% voted for dumpster” you framed it in such a way that the “only 26%” was to be taken as derogatory or at least to mean a very small amount.

You also left out the key fact that same exact amount of people statistically voted for Hillary.

Didn’t know you were referring to % voted vs total population. But since that’s what you actually meant I did some digging.

What I found was pretty funny. And that was that going back over past elections prior to 2016 there has been only 2 candidates ever that received more votes.

That was Barrack Obama and HRC.

And not “only” did dumpster get more votes than every other candidate not named Obama or Hill but MORE people voted in the 2016 elections than any of the preceding presidential elections with the exception of 2008 where approx 600,000 more people voted.

Trump’s 62.9 million votes were 4th most in history. #1 and #2 was Obama 2008 & 2012. #3 was Hillary in a losing effort.

Only 1 presidential election in our history saw more people vote and that was 2008.

Maybe you should rethink your use of “only” and how you frame an argument because this current one you are trying to have just got blown out of the water.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Judge Strikes Down Citizenship Census Question
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 13127
COR-TEN wrote:
Not only is Kodiak an idiot and a bigot, but a homophobe as well.


By the way, I would ask the mods to ban this bullshit. Corten called me a homophobe and a bigot. I am not, and none of my posts suggest this.

You can't get more of a definitive personal attack than that. GIVE HIM A VACATION. This has gone on way too long - when is this tool going to be censored for interjecting politics into every other post?

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Last edited by Kodiak on Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:03 am, edited 4 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Judge Strikes Down Citizenship Census Question
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 13127
COR-TEN wrote:
But I'm sure it'll just be labeled as fake news.


No, just ignorance.

It's been well shown that you don't know anything. I'm sure you can bukkake all of us with fake news that you swallowed as fact. It will never make you intelligent, or insightful. But it may make you feel significant.

But the irony is that being ignored for being ignorant is what motivates, what emboldens you You don't fool those of use who are actually educated and experienced.

From day one, I always thought you were a total twat. You've never posted anything other than to confirm that.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Judge Strikes Down Citizenship Census Question
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 7379
Awwwwww. Poor booby. S'matter snowflake, can't take the insults? Pot calling the kettle black, no less. Now you go running to daddy to take away the person that made you cry?

WHAAAAAAAaaaa!!!

Image

Go hide behind your mommy's skirt and ask her for a cookie, you putz.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Judge Strikes Down Citizenship Census Question
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:54 pm
Posts: 2408
Laying the Wood wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
SteelKnife wrote:
I honestly think I have met more 18 year olds I'd want voting than I've met 70+ year olds I want voting.


I've honestly met more 18 year olds that weren't qualified to wipe my ass. Many of them had college degrees, but that's another thread....


There are many, many people from all age brackets that I do not consider to be qualified to vote. There are many extremely impressive, informed 18 year olds, and there are many that know next to nothing. I can say the same about 40 year olds. And there are plenty 80 year olds who are facing senility, but also a great number who are as sharp as a tack.

An 18 year old is an adult. They can serve in the military, purchase a home, and work a full time job (and pay the associated taxes). They have a right to have a say in who makes important policy decisions that have a direct affect on them.

Let's be real for a sec --

The reason you don't want young people to vote is because they overwhelmingly vote democrat. I don't want old people to vote because they overwhelmingly vote republican. We've each created justifications for those positions. But being an informed voter doesn't come with a minimum age requirement, nor does it have an age limit. And, given that voting is a fundamental right, I'm a lot more inclined to expand voting rights than I am to restrict them.


I see voting more as instrumental as opposed to an fundamental. Stated differently, the right to life, liberty, and property are fundamental rights. The right to vote, among others, are instrumental rights designed to protect the fundamental rights.

In the end, I think voting is overrated -- if you have free exit with no toll charge, that would do more to protect fundamental rights compared to voting.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group