It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Heavyweight boxing is good again and no one cares
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:58 pm
Posts: 2035
Watched Pac vs Horn since it was on ESPN.

FIXED AS HELL! Manny won that fight easily, especially after round 9. Absolutely corrupt sport. The only damage the kid did to Pac was with head butts.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Heavyweight boxing is good again and no one cares
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:13 pm
Posts: 2065
Steelcody36 wrote:
Watched Pac vs Horn since it was on ESPN.

FIXED AS HELL! Manny won that fight easily, especially after round 9. Absolutely corrupt sport. The only damage the kid did to Pac was with head butts.

Pacquiao landed 2x as many punches as Horn and after the 9th round the ref was threatening to stop the bout. Yet somehow one judge scored the fight 117-111. I hope corruption is involved because if not, that is just sheer mind-numbing stupidity.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Heavyweight boxing is good again and no one cares
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:58 pm
Posts: 2035
Pabst wrote:
Steelcody36 wrote:
Watched Pac vs Horn since it was on ESPN.

FIXED AS HELL! Manny won that fight easily, especially after round 9. Absolutely corrupt sport. The only damage the kid did to Pac was with head butts.

Pacquiao landed 2x as many punches as Horn and after the 9th round the ref was threatening to stop the bout. Yet somehow one judge scored the fight 117-111. I hope corruption is involved because if not, that is just sheer mind-numbing stupidity.


Oh it was so badly fixed that they should have to fight again!

Horn should lose his victory too, but it won't happen.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Heavyweight boxing is good again and no one cares
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:14 pm
Posts: 68
Now we have three legit fighters and we have 3 different platforms squaring off..Wilder (PBC/Showtime/Fox), Anthony Joshua (Eddie Hearn/DAZN) and Fury (TopRank/ESPN)... People still care about Heavyweight fights but only when they start to square off with each other. BTW damn shame Big Baby Miller is a cheat, because it was gonna be a great fight between him and AJ June 1st.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Heavyweight boxing is good again and no one cares
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:14 pm
Posts: 3604
Location: Upstate NY
SteelKnife wrote:
superk wrote:
Deontay Wilder would have destroyed Mike Tyson in his prime......


He is the best heavyweight I've ever seen......


You're out of your mind.



I was thinking this too and I don’t even know that guy. LoL.

I got to watch Mike Tyson in his prime and I find it hard to believe anyone would of destroyed that guy in his prime. A mean Fucking animal with rabies is how he came across knocking people out. Was the greatest boxing I ever got to witness. Oh, and fuck Holyfield and the ref for those bullshit headbutts and holds. I’m glad Mike bit that mother fucker because the ref nor Holyfield seem to care it kept happening.

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Heavyweight boxing is good again and no one cares
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 12:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:14 pm
Posts: 68
SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
SteelKnife wrote:
superk wrote:
Deontay Wilder would have destroyed Mike Tyson in his prime......


He is the best heavyweight I've ever seen......


You're out of your mind.



I was thinking this too and I don’t even know that guy. LoL.

I got to watch Mike Tyson in his prime and I find it hard to believe anyone would of destroyed that guy in his prime. A mean Fucking animal with rabies is how he came across knocking people out. Was the greatest boxing I ever got to witness. Oh, and fuck Holyfield and the ref for those bullshit headbutts and holds. I’m glad Mike bit that mother fucker because the ref nor Holyfield seem to care it kept happening.


Wilder has some serious power but is the most technically garbage fighter I've ever seen. Wilder would have gotten washed ten times over in the 90's by men like Ray Mercer, David Tua, Michael Moore.. Heck even Razor Rudduck/Tony Tubbs type of fighters


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Heavyweight boxing is good again and no one cares
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 3:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 5037
Pay per view didn’t kill boxing. A garbage heavyweight division along with the emergence of a more compelling alternative (UFC) did.

Boxing needs a dominant heavyweight. Have not had one in a long time. And nobody wants to pay good money to see hyped up JAGS.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group