It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Steeler Fury Bracket Busters
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:57 pm
Posts: 3424
http://stelerfury.mayhem.cbssports.com/ ... ste_cbsinv

Password: SteelerFury

It is that time of year to to see who wants to fill out a bracket. Brackets open on March 15th. Many of you have signed up in the past and will still be on the site.


Moderators - If it is possible to sticky this until the 16th to give everyone a chance to join that want to. I was hoping to leave it on the main page until the 15th then it can be moved to the Other Sports forum.

_________________
"I phoned my dad to tell him I had stopped smoking. He called me a quitter."
-- Steven Pearl


Last edited by jebrick on Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steeler Fury Bracket Busters
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:14 pm
Posts: 76
I'm down.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steeler Fury Bracket Busters
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:58 pm
Posts: 2035
I'll join.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steeler Fury Bracket Busters
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:43 pm
Posts: 5033
me too what the password


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steeler Fury Bracket Busters
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:57 pm
Posts: 3424
Password: SteelerFury

_________________
"I phoned my dad to tell him I had stopped smoking. He called me a quitter."
-- Steven Pearl


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steeler Fury Bracket Busters
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:43 pm
Posts: 5033
thanks didn't see the password stupid of me well I am in


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steeler Fury Bracket Busters
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:57 pm
Posts: 3424
bump

_________________
"I phoned my dad to tell him I had stopped smoking. He called me a quitter."
-- Steven Pearl


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steeler Fury Bracket Busters
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:57 pm
Posts: 3424
Last chance. Brackets go up Sunday night

_________________
"I phoned my dad to tell him I had stopped smoking. He called me a quitter."
-- Steven Pearl


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steeler Fury Bracket Busters
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:50 am
Posts: 3393
Just put me down for Kentucky to win the thing. My other picks don't matter.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steeler Fury Bracket Busters
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:47 am
Posts: 4695
.

_________________
14 yds Ben to JuJu/12 yds Ben to JuJu/23 yds Ben to JuJu/17 yds Ben to AB/Inc/12 yds Ben to AB/13 yds Ben to Switz//Inc/Inc/TD 3 yds Ben to AB/26 yds Ben to AB/20 yds Ben to JuJu/Inc/TD 20 yds Ben to AB

Up by 4, pull the plug. Fire Mike Tomlin.


Last edited by Havoc on Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steeler Fury Bracket Busters
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:57 pm
Posts: 3424
I will be surprised if Kentucky does not go undefeated. They have so much talent. It would take a perfect storm of greatness from a team plus at least 5 Wildcat players having the worst days of their lives. They are 8-10 deep in great to good players.

_________________
"I phoned my dad to tell him I had stopped smoking. He called me a quitter."
-- Steven Pearl


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steeler Fury Bracket Busters
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:20 am
Posts: 4051
Damn I missed it! Was it pinned at the top at all, I didn't see it until today! I'll pick Kentucky, go with the favorite.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steeler Fury Bracket Busters
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:20 am
Posts: 4051
jebrick wrote:
I will be surprised if Kentucky does not go undefeated. They have so much talent. It would take a perfect storm of greatness from a team plus at least 5 Wildcat players having the worst days of their lives. They are 8-10 deep in great to good players.


I haven't sat and watched them play a whole game, but 4-5 times I tuned into there games, many against decent teams and every time I watched, they where just blowing them out of the building, by 15-20 every time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steeler Fury Bracket Busters
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:57 pm
Posts: 3424
Nick79 wrote:
Damn I missed it! Was it pinned at the top at all, I didn't see it until today! I'll pick Kentucky, go with the favorite.


I could not get it pinned but I keep bouncing it up when i could.

_________________
"I phoned my dad to tell him I had stopped smoking. He called me a quitter."
-- Steven Pearl


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steeler Fury Bracket Busters
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:57 pm
Posts: 3424
The Iowa St. Lose really hurt me. i had them going to the elite 8

_________________
"I phoned my dad to tell him I had stopped smoking. He called me a quitter."
-- Steven Pearl


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steeler Fury Bracket Busters
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:58 pm
Posts: 2035
jebrick wrote:
I will be surprised if Kentucky does not go undefeated. They have so much talent. It would take a perfect storm of greatness from a team plus at least 5 Wildcat players having the worst days of their lives. They are 8-10 deep in great to good players.


They could easily have 3-4 losses.

Teams choked like golfers used to when Tiger was in his prime.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steeler Fury Bracket Busters
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:13 pm
Posts: 1988
Still trying to figure out which is the better highlight: RJ Hunter hitting the 3 for the win, or Ron Hunter falling off his stool.

Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steeler Fury Bracket Busters
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 17883
both highlights pretty good. Watched it live and the best part was: RJ barely reacted when he made the shot... it was like, ho hum, just another basket

I picked them to win, too, so I think I was more excited than he was.

_________________
Fuck the Patriots.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steeler Fury Bracket Busters
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:47 am
Posts: 4695
Wichita State 29 Kansas 26 at the half.

I'm pulling for Wichita State to advance.

They had the bad fortune of playing Kentucky in the 2nd round in last year's tournament when Wichita State was a #1 seed. Wichita State led that game with 3 minutes to play and had the shot to win it at the end but missed.

They have had a good run and I would like to see them get deeper into the tournament.

_________________
14 yds Ben to JuJu/12 yds Ben to JuJu/23 yds Ben to JuJu/17 yds Ben to AB/Inc/12 yds Ben to AB/13 yds Ben to Switz//Inc/Inc/TD 3 yds Ben to AB/26 yds Ben to AB/20 yds Ben to JuJu/Inc/TD 20 yds Ben to AB

Up by 4, pull the plug. Fire Mike Tomlin.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steeler Fury Bracket Busters
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:13 pm
Posts: 4365
Havoc wrote:
Wichita State 29 Kansas 26 at the half.

I'm pulling for Wichita State to advance.

They had the bad fortune of playing Kentucky in the 2nd round in last year's tournament when Wichita State was a #1 seed. Wichita State led that game with 3 minutes to play and had the shot to win it at the end but missed.

They have had a good run and I would like to see them get deeper into the tournament.


Yeah, Wichita State was probably the best team in the tournament last year, they just met UK playing at a A+ level in that matchup last season. Blame the committee for making UK an 8 seed last year. Wichita State got screwed. Their game with UK was EASILY the best and most well played game of the tournament last year.

_________________
Baltostiller wrote:
I can agree to disagree without calling another post "assholic" Maybe you should do the same.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steeler Fury Bracket Busters
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:13 pm
Posts: 4365
Steelcody36 wrote:
jebrick wrote:
I will be surprised if Kentucky does not go undefeated. They have so much talent. It would take a perfect storm of greatness from a team plus at least 5 Wildcat players having the worst days of their lives. They are 8-10 deep in great to good players.


They could easily have 3-4 losses.

Teams choked like golfers used to when Tiger was in his prime.


UK has been incredibly clutch this year as well... much like Tiger in his prime. Wouldn't say all of those teams choked though. Only team I would say that for was Georgia. Part of that is that UK is still fresh at the end of games given their depth, whereas the other teams didn't have their shooting legs late in the games + UK's lockdown D late.

_________________
Baltostiller wrote:
I can agree to disagree without calling another post "assholic" Maybe you should do the same.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steeler Fury Bracket Busters
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:58 pm
Posts: 2035
TB wrote:
Steelcody36 wrote:
jebrick wrote:
I will be surprised if Kentucky does not go undefeated. They have so much talent. It would take a perfect storm of greatness from a team plus at least 5 Wildcat players having the worst days of their lives. They are 8-10 deep in great to good players.


They could easily have 3-4 losses.

Teams choked like golfers used to when Tiger was in his prime.


UK has been incredibly clutch this year as well... much like Tiger in his prime. Wouldn't say all of those teams choked though. Only team I would say that for was Georgia. Part of that is that UK is still fresh at the end of games given their depth, whereas the other teams didn't have their shooting legs late in the games + UK's lockdown D late.


I believe it was LSU that had a million chances to win and couldn't make a shot, lost in double OT.

Maybe that was another team.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steeler Fury Bracket Busters
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:47 am
Posts: 4695
jebrick wrote:
I will be surprised if Kentucky does not go undefeated. They have so much talent. It would take a perfect storm of greatness from a team plus at least 5 Wildcat players having the worst days of their lives. They are 8-10 deep in great to good players.


It's their length that is the difference.

From a competitive standpoint, I would prefer to see some of that length spread around to other teams.

_________________
14 yds Ben to JuJu/12 yds Ben to JuJu/23 yds Ben to JuJu/17 yds Ben to AB/Inc/12 yds Ben to AB/13 yds Ben to Switz//Inc/Inc/TD 3 yds Ben to AB/26 yds Ben to AB/20 yds Ben to JuJu/Inc/TD 20 yds Ben to AB

Up by 4, pull the plug. Fire Mike Tomlin.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steeler Fury Bracket Busters
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:47 am
Posts: 4695
TB wrote:
Havoc wrote:
Wichita State 29 Kansas 26 at the half.

I'm pulling for Wichita State to advance.

They had the bad fortune of playing Kentucky in the 2nd round in last year's tournament when Wichita State was a #1 seed. Wichita State led that game with 3 minutes to play and had the shot to win it at the end but missed.

They have had a good run and I would like to see them get deeper into the tournament.


Yeah, Wichita State was probably the best team in the tournament last year, they just met UK playing at a A+ level in that matchup last season. Blame the committee for making UK an 8 seed last year. Wichita State got screwed. Their game with UK was EASILY the best and most well played game of the tournament last year.


Wisconsin vs Kentucky in the final 4 last year...

It was an epic battle. Wisconsin led the majority of the game and had a 2 point lead with 16 seconds left. Kentucky hit a 3 to go up by 1. Wisconsin had a 2 point shot to win the game at the end but missed.

_________________
14 yds Ben to JuJu/12 yds Ben to JuJu/23 yds Ben to JuJu/17 yds Ben to AB/Inc/12 yds Ben to AB/13 yds Ben to Switz//Inc/Inc/TD 3 yds Ben to AB/26 yds Ben to AB/20 yds Ben to JuJu/Inc/TD 20 yds Ben to AB

Up by 4, pull the plug. Fire Mike Tomlin.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steeler Fury Bracket Busters
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:47 am
Posts: 4695
I watched Wisconsin beat North Carolina last night.

Wisconsin runs an efficiency freak offense.

They are very hard to beat in close games and it showed. They were the better team in the last 5 min and that was the difference. And what they did in those last 5 min is typical for them closing out games.

Dekker was great last night with 23 points and 10 rebounds.

_________________
14 yds Ben to JuJu/12 yds Ben to JuJu/23 yds Ben to JuJu/17 yds Ben to AB/Inc/12 yds Ben to AB/13 yds Ben to Switz//Inc/Inc/TD 3 yds Ben to AB/26 yds Ben to AB/20 yds Ben to JuJu/Inc/TD 20 yds Ben to AB

Up by 4, pull the plug. Fire Mike Tomlin.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group