It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 6:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Drama's 2015 Running Backs List
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:44 pm 

Running Backs 2015

Gone are the days of fantasy legends like Emmitt Smith. The workhorse back has been replaced with the RBBC acronym. Awful. Choose wisely gents, the running back position is still the key to your season. Add your facts, stats, and opinions. Yes It's early, but not too early to talk fantasy football. Let’s get the list right and win some fantasy titles (and cash to hide from the wife).

Tier 1
Batmen

1.) Eddie Lacy-TD machine and can catch. Lead back in top offense. Decent OL. 4th qtr clock killer.
2.) Leveon Bell-Thanks for the 3 game suspension you dope smoking dumbass!
3.) Jeremy Hill- BEAST. Piss on Gio Bernard. He’s frail. This is Hill’s show. Good OL. Good Defense.
4.) Adrian Peterson-The kid whipper screwed me and countless others last season but in a Norv Turner offense with some pretty good weapons around him I think AP is a darkhorse for MVP.
5.) Arian Foster-Top 5 fantasy scorer despite missing 3 games. Fragile, but a rare 3 down back.
6.) Marshawn Lynch-volume is there but so is Jimmy Graham to steal redzone TDs.
7.) CJ Anderson- Kid saved my season. Lead dog in a Kubiak offense. Good defense but piss poor OL dampens my enthusiasm.

Tier 2
Robins-I'd prefer to pair these rbs with a tier 1 rb or an elite wr.

8.) LeSean McCoy-Rex will run him until he drops. That’s called volume. Good defense helps, subpar OL and garbage qb hurts.
9.) Jamaal Charles- I’ve soured. My gut tells me he’s washed up. Fat Andy will only hasten his fall from grace.
10.) DeMarco Murray- Chip Kelly my logic for a top 10 ranking.
11.) Melvin Gordon- I’m calling my shot. Rookie of the Year.
12.) Justin Forsett-PPR warlord in Marc Trestman’s offense. TDs could be vultured however.
13.) Matt Forte- Losing Trestman a worry. Gase not known to throw to rbs, but Cutler is a lot of things (pussy, whiner, pussy, lazy, aloof, pussy) but Peyton Manning he is not. In short, John Fox and Jay Cutler don’t mix. The Bears will run the football more than people think.
14.) Alfred Morris-Not an exciting pick but read that new OL coach Bill Callahan has produced no worse than a top 9 rushing ranking the past 6 years.
15.) Carlos Hyde-This pick is based purely on talent. Kid is bettis-like. However, the 49ers are a mess. I’ll be looking for a good spot to gamble on Mr. Hyde.
16.) Todd Gurley-Obviously his ranking will depend on his health. Monitor him closely fellas.
17.) TJ Yeldon-Another gamble on youth and talent. Potential 3 down back on an offense loaded with high draft picks.
18.) Lamar Miller-I like the player but the Dolphins just don't seem committed to running the football.
19.) Frank Gore-Good to be Andy Luck’s lead back but a new team wont change the fact Gore is old.

Tier 3
Ok I'm lost in RBBC Hell here

20.) CJ Spiller- If Sean Payton can’t figure out how to use him…I’ve been burned before but I play in PPR league.
21.) Mark Ingram-Should see a lot of TDs with Graham gone.
22.) Ameer Abdullah-Did I mention I play in a PPR league? Lions run Saints offense. P.S. Matt Stafford sucks at football.
23.) Joe Randle- The Gutchie thief lacks talent but the Dallas OL does not.
24.) Shane Vereen-Giants run the Saints offense too.
25.) Rashad Jennings-Not a fan but he’s slated to get the bulk of the carries.
26.) Jon Stewart-You’re braver than me if you take him. Have a backup plan ready for when (not if) he gets hurt.
27.) Tevin Coleman-Home run hitter Hand picked by Kyle Shanahan but….
28.) …Devonta Freeman is listed as the Falcons starter.
29.) Doug Martin-Said to have had a great offseason. Dirk Koetter was MJD’s OC in Jax so knows how to use the little bruisers.
30.) Latvius Murray- He’s a starting rb even if he does play for the Raiders.
31.) Isiah Crowell-Has some talent as does the Stains’ OL but the team is a mess.

Tier 4
Take a seat on the bench

32.) Duke Johnson-More talent for the Stains backfield, but again they’re called the Stains for good reason.
33.) Chris Ivory-I’m a rare Chan Gailey fan.
34.) Andre Ellington-flopped as a feature back.
35.) David Johnson-He’s a taller version of Ellington.
36.) Tre Mason-Interesting player that I’ll rank much higher if Gurley placed on PUP.
37.) Legarrette Blount-Scumbag but Belichick seems to like him.Way too much RBBC up in Boston.
38.) David Cobb-More talent than given credit for. Will move him up after he's named the starter
39.) Gio Bernard-Fragile but should do well in pass catching role.
40.) Knile Davis-I don’t really believe in the whole handcuff thing but Davis here is good player to own or claim should Charles go down.
41.) Ryan Mathews-Fragile but another example of a lottery ticket type if Murray goes down.
42.) Jerrick McKinnon- Just giving you some upside types if the starter goes down
43.) Matt Jones- Skins GM compared him to Marshawn Lynch. Seriously.
44.) Christine Michael- One day this kid will get his shot. Rush to the waiver wire when he does.
45.) Cameron Artis Payne-The Daily show WILL get hurt.

Ok that's all I got for now. I'm sleepy.Thanks as always for reading. Please add your thoughts and opinions!

Post subject: Re: Drama's 2015 Running Backs List
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:36 pm 

This is definitely one of the deepest offensive drafts in recent memory, especially with the depth of the RBs. On your list and many others, Charles barely makes the top 10. He was a consensus #1 or #2 last year. It's not that he had a terrible season, it's just the bell cow seems to be coming back.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:57 am 

3 points, and I will say I have not started my serious research yet. That will begin in about 2 weeks from now on the beach.

#1 Latavius Murray will be solid this year. #30 is way too low for him. He is closer to top 15. The guy is a wrecking ball.
#2 I hope the guys I play with (all PPR as well) devalue Charles as you have. If I'm able to grab him in the 3rd/4th range as you have him slotted, I am going to win a lot of money this year. Far from washed up.
#3 AP will score the most points at the RB position. The child abuser will be on a mission this year.

Overall, solid list. Thank you as always Drama.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:38 pm 

Ok fellas I may bump Charles up a few spots but I still say he's lost a step and I'm big time anti Fat Andy Reid. I've seen several fantasy experts rank him #1. I guess they all can't be wrong

I'm loving AP this yr. I have zero reservations taking him early. I'm not a handcuffer but both Charles and AP have excellent backups I would consider targeting late

Charles, I will now bump Murray up several spots based on your opinion of him. That's the whole point of the thread to get a quality master list heading into draft season!!! Enjoy the beach!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:15 pm 

So with Foster hurt, where does his backup fit? I'd drop Foster to undraftable if he's missing at least a quarter of the season.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:07 pm 

Hacksaw Jim Duggan wrote:
So with Foster hurt, where does his backup fit? I'd drop Foster to undraftable if he's missing at least a quarter of the season.

Great list Drama!

Hacksaw: I'm not so sure about "undraftable" I'd still snag him late once lists are picked over pretty good if he's only missing 1/4 of the season. Could pay off huge late in the season if he can come back and get into shape.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:04 pm 

I'll definitely be targeting Foster as more information comes out. I could definitely see him being the last player I pick depending on what's out there.

Now that I look at it Drama, I'd honestly kick Charles down to about #7-10 in my RB chart myself. His carries were so limited last season and Davis seemed to get a chunk of the workload.

At that point though, he had some VERY tough defenses from a fantasy standpoint..and you know they were all targeting him.

1 Ten 7 19 0 3.4
2 @Den 2 4 0 1.2
3 @Mia 0 0 0 0
4 NE 18 92 1 28.8
5 @SF 15 80 0 6.4
6 BYE - - - -
7 @SD 22 95 1 16.7
8 StL 14 67 2 21.1
9 NYJ 20 78 1 14.8
10 @Buf 15 98 1 17.8
11 Sea 20 159 2 27.8
12 @Oak 19 80 0 16.2
13 Den 10 35 0 11.9
14 @Ari 10 91 1 23.1
15 Oak 12 52 0 5.3
16 @Pit 9 29 0 5.7
17 SD 13 54 0 6.2

Buffalo, STL, NE , SF, Seattle, Jets. He didn't play against Miami, but that team was playing lights out at points last season.

That's rough.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:19 pm 

Nice list. I think you gamble too much with the rookies. Gurley could easily miss the first 6 weeks. The talent is there but for fantasy football, I would not take him before the 12th round. Gordon I would rank lower but not much He will start but the Chargers Oline is not much. I would move Yeldon down as well.

I think Randle will have a better year than most think. Blount will be higher if he can get in shape.

Chris Ivory will surprise in an otherwise poor Jets offense. He will get touches on the goaline and line up as WR on some plays. Perhaps the Only Jet worth getting in FF

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:27 pm 

jebrick wrote:
Nice list. I think you gamble too much with the rookies. Gurley could easily miss the first 6 weeks. The talent is there but for fantasy football, I would not take him before the 12th round. Gordon I would rank lower but not much He will start but the Chargers Oline is not much. I would move Yeldon down as well.

I think Randle will have a better year than most think. Blount will be higher if he can get in shape.

Chris Ivory will surprise in an otherwise poor Jets offense. He will get touches on the goaline and line up as WR on some plays. Perhaps the Only Jet worth getting in FF

Ivory's a guy I'm definitely targeting later on, especially in the PPR league I just joined that only lets you have 4 RBs on your roster. He seems to be one of the few RBs available late in drafts with a pretty high floor.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:54 am 

I agreed with you at the time and sound logic, but woof was this one off :oops:

It's fun to look back at some of this stuff