It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Pirates Hot-Stove News!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 4253
Nah, just kidding. They're currently honoring Roberto as it's coming up on 45 years since he passed on. Other Bucs news:

1. Maybe Glasnow is better in the bullpen.
2. Prospect Hearn due for a breakout in '18
3. Taillon is resilient and focused.
4. 2018 Season Tickets on sale.

_________________
Because Tomlin.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pirates Hot-Stove News!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 6878
Obviously wrote:
Nah, just kidding. They're currently honoring Roberto as it's coming up on 45 years since he passed on. Other Bucs news:

1. Maybe Glasnow is better in the bullpen.
2. Prospect Hearn due for a breakout in '18
3. Taillon is resilient and focused.
4. 2018 Season Tickets on sale.

45years!?! My gawd...I’m fucking old!!! :cry:

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pirates Hot-Stove News!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:18 pm
Posts: 10477
Jobus Rum wrote:
Obviously wrote:
Nah, just kidding. They're currently honoring Roberto as it's coming up on 45 years since he passed on. Other Bucs news:

1. Maybe Glasnow is better in the bullpen.
2. Prospect Hearn due for a breakout in '18
3. Taillon is resilient and focused.
4. 2018 Season Tickets on sale.

45years!?! My gawd...I’m fucking old!!! :cry:

big moves baby..
sounds like a turn around season in works..excitement building..
questions to be awnsered!..
will jung ho escape from Korean prison or nuclear holocaust? will cutch be the player he was for awhile in middle of season? will marte start looking like Sammy sosa post playing days?? how many hammies will Polanco have? what no name will bucs get for cole? will jeff locke [nibbles] return in blockbuster trade? what date will bucs fall below 500 ball and never sniff rest of year? whos salary is purged 1st? and what prospects will we give away to go with the purged to get accepted! :shock:
fuck nutting!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pirates Hot-Stove News!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23263
Where does this rank in comparison to the best off-season ever, I wonder?

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pirates Hot-Stove News!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:18 pm
Posts: 10477
Jeemie wrote:
Where does this rank in comparison to the best off-season ever, I wonder?

par! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pirates Hot-Stove News!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23263
bam morris wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
Where does this rank in comparison to the best off-season ever, I wonder?

par! :lol:


Remember...we’re too stupid to appreciate this ownership, and don’t deserve a world championship.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pirates Hot-Stove News!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 6878
Jeemie wrote:
bam morris wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
Where does this rank in comparison to the best off-season ever, I wonder?

par! :lol:


Remember...we’re too stupid to appreciate this ownership, and don’t deserve a world championship.

Well...it’s good thing we won’t need to worry about that...

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pirates Hot-Stove News!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 4253
The Bucs PR team trying to make lemonade out of the lemon that was the 2017 season:

https://www.mlb.com/pirates/news/pirate ... -263704472

_________________
Because Tomlin.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pirates Hot-Stove News!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:57 am
Posts: 1154
http://pittsburgh.pirates.mlb.com/pit/h ... esults.jsp

According to this information from the PIRATES website, here is what the Pirates have accomplished over time:

Since 1882, the Pirates have won 5 world championships with 10,394 wins vs. 10,233 losses.
That translates to a 0.504 winning percentage, or 161 games above .500.

From 1980-2017 (last world title), they have 2,828 wins vs. 3,194 losses.
That translates to a 0.470 winning percentage, or 366 games below .500.

From 1993-2017, the last divisional championship, they have 1,807 wins vs. 2,172 losses.
That translates to a 0.454 winning percentage, or 365 games below .500.

From 2007 (Nutting assumed control Jan. 2007) to 2017, they have 838 wins vs.942 losses.
That translates to a 0.471 winning percentage, or 104 games below .500.

You might think Pirate fans would punish failure, but attendance records show the contrary to be true.
From 2010 to 2015 attendance rose every season, including 2010-2011-2012 when the team was still losing.

Moreover, 2017 attendance was only about 21,000 less than it was in the 2011 season -- I wonder if ticket prices were higher in 2017? Anyway, at this rate in about another decade or so the Pirates should be around .500 all-time with 5-world championships. I don't know how many players/coaches/managers will still be alive then from 1960-1971-1979 for more reunions but I'm guessing the concerts, pirogi races, pet nights and $35 glutton fests will still be quite popular.

_________________
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdR4JAyyB7g
At least the Cleveland owner was better looking.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pirates Hot-Stove News!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 6878
Bling Collector Ben wrote:
http://pittsburgh.pirates.mlb.com/pit/history/year_by_year_results.jsp

According to this information from the PIRATES website, here is what the Pirates have accomplished over time:

Since 1882, the Pirates have won 5 world championships with 10,394 wins vs. 10,233 losses.
That translates to a 0.504 winning percentage, or 161 games above .500.

From 1980-2017 (last world title), they have 2,828 wins vs. 3,194 losses.
That translates to a 0.470 winning percentage, or 366 games below .500.

From 1993-2017, the last divisional championship, they have 1,807 wins vs. 2,172 losses.
That translates to a 0.454 winning percentage, or 365 games below .500.

From 2007 (Nutting assumed control Jan. 2007) to 2017, they have 838 wins vs.942 losses.
That translates to a 0.471 winning percentage, or 104 games below .500.

You might think Pirate fans would punish failure, but attendance records show the contrary to be true.
From 2010 to 2015 attendance rose every season, including 2010-2011-2012 when the team was still losing.

Moreover, 2017 attendance was only about 21,000 less than it was in the 2011 season -- I wonder if ticket prices were higher in 2017? Anyway, at this rate in about another decade or so the Pirates should be around .500 all-time with 5-world championships. I don't know how many players/coaches/managers will still be alive then from 1960-1971-1979 for more reunions but I'm guessing the concerts, pirogi races, pet nights and $35 glutton fests will still be quite popular.

Yeah, but in 5 years...

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pirates Hot-Stove News!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:43 pm
Posts: 894
I think a new promotion for this year, sure to put the Pirates OVER THE TOP!, would be if they have a BEST TRADE IN THE WORLD AND HISTORY OF MANKIND appreciation night. I'm sure all the retards like steel would shell out a few hundred dollars to see Ryan Reaves (best NHL trade of all time) and Charlie Morton (best MLB trade of all time) give the yinzers a few middle fingers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pirates Hot-Stove News!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:18 pm
Posts: 10477
going for 3rd season in row sub 500...trying to get a new record going.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pirates Hot-Stove News!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 4253
Cole and Cutch's futures will play a big part in Bucs' 2018 plans per Adam Berry (in the understatement category):

https://www.mlb.com/pirates/news/pirate ... -263885752

_________________
Because Tomlin.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pirates Hot-Stove News!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:18 pm
Posts: 10477
Obviously wrote:
Cole and Cutch's futures will play a big part in Bucs' 2018 plans per Adam Berry (in the understatement category):

https://www.mlb.com/pirates/news/pirate ... -263885752

financial flexability plans! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pirates Hot-Stove News!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 4253
Check out "Not Bob Nutting" Twitter account. Fucking hilarious!

_________________
Because Tomlin.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pirates Hot-Stove News!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23263
Obviously wrote:
Check out "Not Bob Nutting" Twitter account. Fucking hilarious!


This one? https://twitter.com/NotMrNutting

Or this one? https://twitter.com/NuttingsWallet

They're both actually pretty good.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pirates Hot-Stove News!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 4253
Jeemie wrote:
Obviously wrote:
Check out "Not Bob Nutting" Twitter account. Fucking hilarious!


This one? https://twitter.com/NotMrNutting

Or this one? https://twitter.com/NuttingsWallet

They're both actually pretty good.


The first one, but yeah, both are great.

_________________
Because Tomlin.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pirates Hot-Stove News!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:14 pm
Posts: 1243
Bling Collector Ben wrote:
http://pittsburgh.pirates.mlb.com/pit/history/year_by_year_results.jsp

According to this information from the PIRATES website, here is what the Pirates have accomplished over time:

Since 1882, the Pirates have won 5 world championships with 10,394 wins vs. 10,233 losses.
That translates to a 0.504 winning percentage, or 161 games above .500.

From 1980-2017 (last world title), they have 2,828 wins vs. 3,194 losses.
That translates to a 0.470 winning percentage, or 366 games below .500.

From 1993-2017, the last divisional championship, they have 1,807 wins vs. 2,172 losses.
That translates to a 0.454 winning percentage, or 365 games below .500.

From 2007 (Nutting assumed control Jan. 2007) to 2017, they have 838 wins vs.942 losses.
That translates to a 0.471 winning percentage, or 104 games below .500.

You might think Pirate fans would punish failure, but attendance records show the contrary to be true.
From 2010 to 2015 attendance rose every season, including 2010-2011-2012 when the team was still losing.

Moreover, 2017 attendance was only about 21,000 less than it was in the 2011 season -- I wonder if ticket prices were higher in 2017? Anyway, at this rate in about another decade or so the Pirates should be around .500 all-time with 5-world championships. I don't know how many players/coaches/managers will still be alive then from 1960-1971-1979 for more reunions but I'm guessing the concerts, pirogi races, pet nights and $35 glutton fests will still be quite popular.


You forgot to mention Faith Night.
https://www.mlb.com/pirates/tickets/spe ... aith-night

_________________
Neal Huntington on what he's been told by his bosses about $$$: "We've got assurances we're going to be able to continue to do what we've done."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pirates Hot-Stove News!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4677
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
Obviously wrote:
Nah, just kidding. They're currently honoring Roberto as it's coming up on 45 years since he passed on. Other Bucs news:

1. Maybe Glasnow is better in the bullpen.
2. Prospect Hearn due for a breakout in '18
3. Taillon is resilient and focused.
4. 2018 Season Tickets on sale.


4 looking like the boldest move of the off-season so far.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pirates Hot-Stove News!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23263
SteelPro wrote:
Bling Collector Ben wrote:
http://pittsburgh.pirates.mlb.com/pit/history/year_by_year_results.jsp

According to this information from the PIRATES website, here is what the Pirates have accomplished over time:

Since 1882, the Pirates have won 5 world championships with 10,394 wins vs. 10,233 losses.
That translates to a 0.504 winning percentage, or 161 games above .500.

From 1980-2017 (last world title), they have 2,828 wins vs. 3,194 losses.
That translates to a 0.470 winning percentage, or 366 games below .500.

From 1993-2017, the last divisional championship, they have 1,807 wins vs. 2,172 losses.
That translates to a 0.454 winning percentage, or 365 games below .500.

From 2007 (Nutting assumed control Jan. 2007) to 2017, they have 838 wins vs.942 losses.
That translates to a 0.471 winning percentage, or 104 games below .500.

You might think Pirate fans would punish failure, but attendance records show the contrary to be true.
From 2010 to 2015 attendance rose every season, including 2010-2011-2012 when the team was still losing.

Moreover, 2017 attendance was only about 21,000 less than it was in the 2011 season -- I wonder if ticket prices were higher in 2017? Anyway, at this rate in about another decade or so the Pirates should be around .500 all-time with 5-world championships. I don't know how many players/coaches/managers will still be alive then from 1960-1971-1979 for more reunions but I'm guessing the concerts, pirogi races, pet nights and $35 glutton fests will still be quite popular.


You forgot to mention Faith Night.
https://www.mlb.com/pirates/tickets/spe ... aith-night


You sig quote always has me in stictches because I can easily picture that Neal said that with a straight face.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group