It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Canucks 11-22-17
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:59 am 

Orangesteel wrote:
And did I say Kris Letang is the worst player in hockey?

Did you miss the part the part where I openly said it was obvious hyperbole? Do you need a dictionary?

You're SO bad at this. Keep trying to redirect. Please. It's fun.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:00 am 

Haha listen to you now! Wow. Now THAT is funny.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:15 am 

Orangesteel wrote:
Haha listen to you now! Wow. Now THAT is funny.

More deflection. Good try.

Not really.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:17 am 

I can say one thing that screams true...... Lipps and Orange had a hell of a lot more fight in them last night than the Penguins.

Everyone is talking about a 3C need.

I’d rather drop Jake to 3C (as I suggested in the pre-season) and bring up Sprong soon to see if that sparks Sid.

I’d also start resting guys as they look slow with no passion.

If I am making a trade, I think it’s for a D-Man.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:58 am 

Suwanee88 wrote:
I can say one thing that screams true...... Lipps and Orange had a hell of a lot more fight in them last night than the Penguins.

I’d rather drop Jake to 3C (as I suggested in the pre-season) and bring up Sprong soon to see if that sparks Sid.

:lol: :lol: spirited

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:38 pm 

You guys will be besties come playoff time

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:57 pm 

We root for the same team. Can’t be all that bad.

Happy thanksgiving everyone.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:15 pm 

Suwanee88 wrote:

I see several problems with your scenario though I believe Gentzel would make a good Center.
First off, the Pens expect their 3/4 centers to be penalty killers. Gentzel is not a PK'er, at least not yet. That makes game time rosters precarious at best. If Gentzel can't play the PK then you have to keep a center around(McKegg) just for the PK. That limits the roster big time.
And the PK has been shit so far this year and moving Gentzel to 3 center only makes it worse.

Sprong must not be ready for the big time yet-others have been called up before him. I believe that Sully doesn't trust him defensively at the NHL level. He has spoken of that lack of trust in the media several times.

Pens need to add a third or maybe a fourth(bumping Sheahan) center to the roster and I just don't see that on the current roster. And that center needs to be a good PK'er like Bonino and Cullen were the past two years.

I wouldn't be opposed to changes on the blue line but remember this group won last year without Letang. I think Hunwick is the key here. If he can play big minutes then we are more solid back there. We haven't seen enough of Hunwick(injury) as a Pen to know if he is that key.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:54 pm 

I don't even know what to make of this team right now. Yea we were probably saying similar things last year - especially about Bonino sucking and concerns about the 3C spot. Difference this year is that we don't have Cullen to make up any deficiencies down the middle of the roster.

Until other shit gets figured out, Sid and Geno and Letang have to stabilize this team. Unfortunately that isn't happening right now. All of them are playing like middling level hockey players.

Even getting a better 4C would boost this team's chances to drive offense 5v5 because right now that isn't happening. This team has also been unbelievably unlucky with their shooting percentages... They're getting good looks just can't convert. What frightens me is that we might turn out like the kings of a few years ago where they dominated possession but shot a ridiculously low percentage the entire year! Ended up missing the playoffs. We have better shooters but it's still in the back of my mind. We've been really unlucky with bounces this year.. Just waiting for things to turn around and it's not happening yet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:56 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:

I don't even know what to make of this team right now. Yea we were probably saying similar things last year - especially about Bonino sucking and concerns about the 3C spot. Difference this year is that we don't have Cullen to make up any deficiencies down the middle of the roster.

Until other shit gets figured out, Sid and Geno and Letang have to stabilize this team. Unfortunately that isn't happening right now. All of them are playing like middling level hockey players.

Even getting a better 4C would boost this team's chances to drive offense 5v5 because right now that isn't happening. This team has also been unbelievably unlucky with their shooting percentages... They're getting good looks just can't convert. What frightens me is that we might turn out like the kings of a few years ago where they dominated possession but shot a ridiculously low percentage the entire year! Ended up missing the playoffs. We have better shooters but it's still in the back of my mind. We've been really unlucky with bounces this year.. Just waiting for things to turn around and it's not happening yet

If it's still happening in Jan/Feb I'll worry more.

Luckily save for Tampa the whole EC is not so good right now.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next