It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Flames 11-2-17
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:55 pm
Posts: 1016
Orangesteel wrote:
Louis Lipps Service wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
What a stupid OT. Ollie Matta?

Never give that block head the puck again ever in an OT. Tanger made up for his dumb penalty but Jesus Christ is Sullivan high having that OT line out there?




It’s barely November.

Relax.


Just because you admittedly don’t give a shit how this team performs before March doesn’t mean fans can’t be critical. Määta was doing circles out there with the puck and should not be running point for this team on the 3 on 3. Go back to your soap operas.


You do understand there's a bigger picture, right? This team is going to make the playoffs. They're going to use the the first half of the season to experiment, juggle lines, try guys at different spots, in different situations. See what works, what doesn't. It's going to be ugly at times and even for a few stretches. But it's all part of the plan to make the lineup as well-oiled and versatile as possible for when it's time to gear up for the playoffs.

Do you really think this team is going to look the same it does now as it will in April?

No, of course not. So what's the point in getting your panties in a bunch over games this early other than wanting to make yourself look like a raving lunatic?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Flames 11-2-17
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 am
Posts: 6872
Oh, I’m sorry, for a brief second I thought this was a message board to discuss games as they happen. Why don’t you go start a “Calm the Fuck Down” thread and discuss that with yourself.

Just so I am clear, when can I start commenting about a dumb decision to use Määta as the D point in overtime? I am asking for a specific date. Otherwise why have a game thread?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Flames 11-2-17
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:55 pm
Posts: 1016
Orangesteel wrote:
Oh, I’m sorry, for a brief second I thought this was a message board to discuss games as they happen. Why don’t you go start a “Calm the Fuck Down” thread and discuss that with yourself.

Just so I am clear, when can I start commenting about a dumb decision to use Määta as the D point in overtime? I am asking for a specific date. Otherwise why have a game thread?


By all means, discuss!

That's the great thing about these early games not being particularly meaningful. The coaches experiment, and the fans can discuss what's working, what's not, some things they'd like to see tried, what's interesting, etc. It's great!

What you don't have to do is carry on like a little child while doing it.

Quote:
Fuck you Letang you fucking idiot.


That is not a quote I'd expect to hear during an intelligent discussion.

That is something I'd expect a teenager to yell at his TV while playing NHL on his Xbox.

Just about everyone else on here has shown the capacity to discuss criticisms without sounding like a sailor with Terets. Why can't you?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Flames 11-2-17
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 am
Posts: 6872
What kind of intelligent discussion would you like to have about our veteran defenseman spearing a guy in the neck with 4 minutes left to play? The only thing you “discuss” is telling everyone who doesn’t watch hockey like you do that they should get in touch with you months from now because this is the silly season and this team will look nothing like they do now come spring.

This is a game thread about a game in November. If you don’t like reactionary posts then why come to a game thread? Seems dumb to me. And it isn’t possible for me to give less of a shit about how you think I come off on here. I think it’s hilarious that you have noticed me. I’ll “bug” you in March when you start caring about how this team performs. I get it. Talk to you then.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Flames 11-2-17
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:55 pm
Posts: 1016
Orangesteel wrote:
What kind of intelligent discussion would you like to have about our veteran defenseman spearing a guy in the neck with 4 minutes left to play? The only thing you “discuss” is telling everyone who doesn’t watch hockey like you do that they should get in touch with you months from now because this is the silly season and this team will look nothing like they do now come spring.

This is a game thread about a game in November. If you don’t like reactionary posts then why come to a game thread? Seems dumb to me. And it isn’t possible for me to give less of a shit about how you think I come off on here. I think it’s hilarious that you have noticed me. I’ll “bug” you in March when you start caring about how this team performs. I get it. Talk to you then.


I come to the game threads to discuss! I love these threads because, with the exception of you falling all over yourself to declare someone the worst hockey player to ever lace up a pair of ice skates, they're very civil and intelligent conversations.

You'll notice I very rarely ever go to the game threads for Steelers games. Why? Because they're full of people trying to one up each other with negatively and vulgarity in some asinine attempt to sound smart, because, somewhere along the way, sports fans decided that if your opinion is negative, unpopular and/or condescending, it must be correct!

Pens threads are a nice bastion of actual discourse, with intelligent posters, able to share their opinions in intelligent ways.

Your accusation in this very reply of Letang "spearing a guy in the neck" as if he was purposely harpooning a guy with the intent of malice is an absolutely perfect example. He lost control of his stick during a battle for a puck, as happens 100 times throughout a hockey game and it came up and hit a guy in the face. Yet, you frame the incident as if Letang was purposely trying to commit homicide right there in the middle of a hockey game. Give me a break.

It was an ill-timed penalty for sure, but he's guilty of bad luck at best, at worse being a little careless. There's plenty of other reasons to to criticize his play so far this season (and this game) as it has certainly been bad, yet you hopped aboard the hyperbole train and completely blew your top over something what most knowledgeable fans would consider one of his more minor transgressions he committed in that game.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Flames 11-2-17
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 3465
Actually Letang IS a fuckin idiot. Got a ton of physical tools, but man does he ever do stupid shit. Realize he's been through a ton of physical things, but the fact this dude wears the A is an embarrassment. Yappin at the refs and taking a dumb penalty late in the game aren't things you expect from a leader.

That being said, this team played MILES better than they had for quite some time. Smith stood on his head....shit happens. I'll take this effort every day and letting the chips fall, 9/10 times we come out with a W.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Flames 11-2-17
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:04 pm
Posts: 2053
Missed the third and OT but I was impressed by the Pens last night. Jarry looks pretty good as well.

The thing about wasting points is that I don't want it to come to April and have the five seed with Columbus, Tampa and Ottawa all sitting above us.
I believe this is a championship caliber team but if you have to run through that scenario it becomes a nightmare to get back to the finals.

_________________
Black holes have no hair.
https://twitter.com/sinceflyerscup?lang=en


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Flames 11-2-17
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:55 pm
Posts: 1016
fractalsteel wrote:
Missed the third and OT but I was impressed by the Pens last night. Jarry looks pretty good as well.

The thing about wasting points is that I don't want it to come to April and have the five seed with Columbus, Tampa and Ottawa all sitting above us.
I believe this is a championship caliber team but if you have to run through that scenario it becomes a nightmare to get back to the finals.


Jarry was pretty damn awesome. If he can keep that up and have us not essentially forfeit back to backs, that'd be a big plus.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Flames 11-2-17
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:31 pm
Posts: 792
bam morris wrote:
I always thought letang was way overrated and over paid .for years
..but I'm just a guy
..maybe I'm wrong..but when watching pens which I grant u is not every game he normally does not do jack..



Me too. Never liked the huge contract he got. He's a good skater, but only has a marginal shot. Hell, he rarely hits the net 1 out of every 10 shots. He got lucky last night. He's also a bonehead with decisions half the time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Flames 11-2-17
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:04 pm
Posts: 2053
Louis Lipps Service wrote:
fractalsteel wrote:
Missed the third and OT but I was impressed by the Pens last night. Jarry looks pretty good as well.

The thing about wasting points is that I don't want it to come to April and have the five seed with Columbus, Tampa and Ottawa all sitting above us.
I believe this is a championship caliber team but if you have to run through that scenario it becomes a nightmare to get back to the finals.


Jarry was pretty damn awesome. If he can keep that up and have us not essentially forfeit back to backs, that'd be a big plus.

Psychologically as well.
Has to suck playing the night before, getting on a plane with your hair still wet, landing in a new city knowing you are playing the next evening and your back up tender is swiss cheese. Jarry might change that-at least that is the hope.

As far as Letang goes there really isn't anyone else that can eat the minutes he does effectively. They tried it with Schultz and he became a TO machine and wore down. The one thing about Letang-he rarely wears down even if he is playing huge minutes.
I wish he were more physical this year. I think when he is on edge physically(not numbskull dumb) he is at his best.
As far as being overrated, when on his game he is top ten in the league. Consistency is always going to be his issue.

_________________
Black holes have no hair.
https://twitter.com/sinceflyerscup?lang=en


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group