It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Pens vs Flames 11-2-17
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:00 am 

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
What kind of intelligent discussion would you like to have about our veteran defenseman spearing a guy in the neck with 4 minutes left to play? The only thing you “discuss” is telling everyone who doesn’t watch hockey like you do that they should get in touch with you months from now because this is the silly season and this team will look nothing like they do now come spring.

This is a game thread about a game in November. If you don’t like reactionary posts then why come to a game thread? Seems dumb to me. And it isn’t possible for me to give less of a shit about how you think I come off on here. I think it’s hilarious that you have noticed me. I’ll “bug” you in March when you start caring about how this team performs. I get it. Talk to you then.

I come to the game threads to discuss! I love these threads because, with the exception of you falling all over yourself to declare someone the worst hockey player to ever lace up a pair of ice skates, they're very civil and intelligent conversations.

You'll notice I very rarely ever go to the game threads for Steelers games. Why? Because they're full of people trying to one up each other with negatively and vulgarity in some asinine attempt to sound smart, because, somewhere along the way, sports fans decided that if your opinion is negative, unpopular and/or condescending, it must be correct!

Pens threads are a nice bastion of actual discourse, with intelligent posters, able to share their opinions in intelligent ways.

Your accusation in this very reply of Letang "spearing a guy in the neck" as if he was purposely harpooning a guy with the intent of malice is an absolutely perfect example. He lost control of his stick during a battle for a puck, as happens 100 times throughout a hockey game and it came up and hit a guy in the face. Yet, you frame the incident as if Letang was purposely trying to commit homicide right there in the middle of a hockey game. Give me a break.

It was an ill-timed penalty for sure, but he's guilty of bad luck at best, at worse being a little careless. There's plenty of other reasons to to criticize his play so far this season (and this game) as it has certainly been bad, yet you hopped aboard the hyperbole train and completely blew your top over something what most knowledgeable fans would consider one of his more minor transgressions he committed in that game.

Do you, or have you ever played hockey?

Post subject: Re: Pens vs Flames 11-2-17
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:16 am 

Orangesteel wrote:
Louis Lipps Service wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
What kind of intelligent discussion would you like to have about our veteran defenseman spearing a guy in the neck with 4 minutes left to play? The only thing you “discuss” is telling everyone who doesn’t watch hockey like you do that they should get in touch with you months from now because this is the silly season and this team will look nothing like they do now come spring.

This is a game thread about a game in November. If you don’t like reactionary posts then why come to a game thread? Seems dumb to me. And it isn’t possible for me to give less of a shit about how you think I come off on here. I think it’s hilarious that you have noticed me. I’ll “bug” you in March when you start caring about how this team performs. I get it. Talk to you then.

I come to the game threads to discuss! I love these threads because, with the exception of you falling all over yourself to declare someone the worst hockey player to ever lace up a pair of ice skates, they're very civil and intelligent conversations.

You'll notice I very rarely ever go to the game threads for Steelers games. Why? Because they're full of people trying to one up each other with negatively and vulgarity in some asinine attempt to sound smart, because, somewhere along the way, sports fans decided that if your opinion is negative, unpopular and/or condescending, it must be correct!

Pens threads are a nice bastion of actual discourse, with intelligent posters, able to share their opinions in intelligent ways.

Your accusation in this very reply of Letang "spearing a guy in the neck" as if he was purposely harpooning a guy with the intent of malice is an absolutely perfect example. He lost control of his stick during a battle for a puck, as happens 100 times throughout a hockey game and it came up and hit a guy in the face. Yet, you frame the incident as if Letang was purposely trying to commit homicide right there in the middle of a hockey game. Give me a break.

It was an ill-timed penalty for sure, but he's guilty of bad luck at best, at worse being a little careless. There's plenty of other reasons to to criticize his play so far this season (and this game) as it has certainly been bad, yet you hopped aboard the hyperbole train and completely blew your top over something what most knowledgeable fans would consider one of his more minor transgressions he committed in that game.

Do you, or have you ever played hockey?

I do, yes.