It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Nicasio
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:01 am 

Jeemie wrote:
SteelPro wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:
I am not buying your theory. How do you know that they don't want to give more time to other pitchers in their bull pen over the last month of the season. You don't know. I don't know. Just like you don't know their financial statement. It's all guess work.

You mean like more work for 40 year Joaquin Benoit or the 33 year old Wade Leblanc who were both activated the day after Nicasio was dumped???? There really is no guessing about this one. They didn't call up a single pitcher on Sept 1st when the rosters expanded. They did activate two pitchers from the DL. One is 40 years old. The other is 33 years old.

By the way, Neal Huntington said on the radio show today his only regret about Nicasio waiver was that it was leaked. Say what Neal? And his speculation is that rival clubs leaked it to the press to embarrass the Pirates. As if they need help embarrassing themselves.

:lol: :lol:

Just when you think rock bottom has been reached...Neal gets out some dynamite and blasts...

I have no idea why they cut Nicosia, but both of you truly believe it's about saving money? What's their payroll for the year? $100M+? What's Nicosia exposure? $600K?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:10 am 

JackLambert58 wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
You need to go to the TribLive story and read NH's spin for yourselves. There's no comment I could make that would do it justice. It was breathtakingly absurd.

http://triblive.com/sports/pirates/1268 ... 8d96255b36

It's confirmed. Neal Huntington is a loon.

I don't know if he is a loon or not but I do know one thing is certain.

This is a cluster fuck situation and NH or Theo Epstein or the ghost of Branch Rickey can't save it under the Nut. You can blow this up, start over and rebuild the minors to have the greatest minor league system in baseball and it will still be heavy odds to beat CHI, STL or WASH because they have a distinct advantage.

Smart money is to stop being so invested in this system.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:24 pm 

It's pretty clear you don't have to spend like LA or NYY to win in the MLB. But you do have to spend a little at the right times. KC, Houston, Miami, Detroit, TB are all teams that have had success. It can be done. Excuses that the way the league is set up prevents the Pirates from winning is bullshit. Inept and miserly ownership are at fault. Hell, is St Louis really some massive market? meh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:52 pm 

R S wrote:
It's pretty clear you don't have to spend like LA or NYY to win in the MLB. But you do have to spend a little at the right times. KC, Houston, Miami, Detroit, TB are all teams that have had success. It can be done. Excuses that the way the league is set up prevents the Pirates from winning is bullshit. Inept and miserly ownership are at fault. Hell, is St Louis really some massive market? meh

Exactly. Look at Cleveland. In the WS series last year (and let it slip away) and are leading their division by 10 games this year. Like the Pirates, they have a team from Chicago in their division. And Detroit is very comparable to St. Louis historically in terms of revenues and payrolls. No reason the Pirates can't compete in the NL Central like the Indians have been doing in the AL Central.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:07 am 

SteelPro wrote:
R S wrote:

Exactly. Look at Cleveland. In the WS series last year (and let it slip away) and are leading their division by 10 games this year. Like the Pirates, they have a team from Chicago in their division. And Detroit is very comparable to St. Louis historically in terms of revenues and payrolls. No reason the Pirates can't compete in the NL Central like the Indians have been doing in the AL Central.

Hahahahahahaha - just wondering how you guys are feeling about all that time you've invested in your beloved Buccos? Good luck to you both rooting for small market baseball!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:33 pm 

Suwanee88 wrote:
Hahahahahahaha - just wondering how you guys are feeling about all that time you've invested in your beloved Buccos? Good luck to you both rooting for small market baseball!

I invest my time in baseball, not necessarily the Pirates. That is because I still play in adult leagues and I umpire amateur ball. And I follow the entire MLB. Frankly, this Pirates team I've invested very little in. I haven't gone to a game at PNC in two years. I haven't watched a live inning of a Pirates game since the Little League classic. I'm mostly just catching highlights and reading an article here or there. And probably half my posts on this forum are actually debating with you. So whatever time I'm invested in rooting for small market baseball is probably on par with the time and energy you invest complaining about the sport.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:36 pm 

SteelPro wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:

I invest my time in baseball, not necessarily the Pirates. That is because I still play in adult leagues and I umpire amateur ball. And I follow the entire MLB. Frankly, this Pirates team I've invested very little in. I haven't gone to a game at PNC in two years. I haven't watched a live inning of a Pirates game since the Little League classic. I'm mostly just catching highlights and reading an article here or there. And probably half my posts on this forum are actually debating with you. So whatever time I'm invested in rooting for small market baseball is probably on par with the time and energy you invest complaining about the sport.

I used to love the sport but how anybody including yourself can be interested in this system is beyond me. The players union has ruined MLB especially in Pittsburgh. Real happy the NFL and NHL have a clue, although the NFL is heading into a category 5 shit storm during these next negotiations. Lock them all out. They would be begging to play on a corrected pay scale. Begging. Never will happen but I can day dream.

I root for the city and the colors- could care less about the players. I'd even root for you in black and gold.

Last edited by Suwanee88 on Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:39 pm 

SteelPro wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:43 pm 

Obviously wrote:
SteelPro wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:

YEP - fucked up sport and a total waste of time. Hammer to the nail. Go Bucs! Yayyyy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:42 am 

Suwanee88 wrote:
Obviously wrote:
SteelPro wrote:

YEP - fucked up sport and a total waste of time. Hammer to the nail. Go Bucs! Yayyyy

And yet, you're here trolling the fucked up sport threads. Yayyyyy!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next