Post subject: Game 128: Pirates vs. Dodgers
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:26 am 

At PNC Park
Game time: 4:05PM ET
Probable starters:
LAD: Hyun-Jin Ryu (4-6, 3.45 ERA)
PIT: Chad Kuhl (6-8, 4.52 ERA)

Quote:
The Japanese Little League World Series team is expected to visit PNC Park on Thursday to meet fellow countrymen Yu Darvish and Kenta Maeda, while the Dodgers will start Korean left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu against Chad Kuhl of the Pirates in the series finale.

Ryu has fared much better against righties (.709 OPS) than lefties (.957) this season, and the Statcast data backs up those splits. Righties have an 86.6-mph average exit velocity and have barreled 5.3 percent of their batted balls against Ryu, while lefties have an 88.6-mph average exit velocity and have barreled 9.5 percent of their batted balls.

In Kuhl's last start against the Cardinals on Saturday, there was a one-hour, 56-minute rain delay during the second inning. Kuhl returned afterward, despite the lengthy delay, and may have been sharper than he was before the rain -- and the Pirates desperately needed the innings he provided that day. He held the Cards to one run on three hits and a walk while striking out six over five innings on 92 pitches.

Three things to know about this game

• In his last eight starts, Ryu is 2-0 with a 2.22 ERA and 47 strikeouts in 44 2/3 innings. This will be his first start against Pittsburgh since 2014, and he's 3-0 against the Pirates lifetime.

• In four August starts, Kuhl has a 3.13 ERA -- and you could argue he's pitched better than that number, considering he's held opposing hitters to a .198/.283/.296 slash line with only one homer allowed in 23 innings. Since July 1, Kuhl has a 3.21 ERA; he had a 5.58 ERA after his first 15 starts of the season.

• Third baseman Justin Turner and catcher Yasmani Grandal are expected to return to the Dodgers' lineup. On Wednesday night, Logan Forsythe started at third base and Austin Barnes was the catcher.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/201708232 ... _pk=492000

#GONUTTINGSWALLET

Post subject: Re: Game 128: Pirates vs. Dodgers
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:57 pm 

back to reality..

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:24 am 

bam morris wrote:
back to reality..

The gulf between the Pirates and the other contenders was clearly shown in this series (although of course the Dodgers are the top of the heap right now).

The Pirates are what their record says they are. Only a weak NL Central gave the illusion of hope.

It was nice to catch an afternoon game for a change, however. As I am in the UK, it was evening for me.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:43 am 

Jeemie wrote:
bam morris wrote:
back to reality..

The gulf between the Pirates and the other contenders was clearly shown in this series (although of course the Dodgers are the top of the heap right now).

The Pirates are what their record says they are. Only a weak NL Central gave the illusion of hope.

It was nice to catch an afternoon game for a change, however. As I am in the UK, it was evening for me.

What part of the U.K. If you don't mind me asking

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:39 am 

Suwanee88 wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
bam morris wrote:
back to reality..

What part of the U.K. If you don't mind me asking

In and around London. Am headed back home tomorrow though (I just realized I typed that in a way that could be interpreted that I'm here permanently).

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"