It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ryan Reaves
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:56 pm 

bam morris wrote:
came here to see what u knowledgable folks thought..more I see bout this the more I like..dude is tough bad ass!...watching pens in playoffs I kept wondering where our bad asses were to kick some ass and stop the mauling of sid!! I welcome this cat! dude looks fast too when needed.. I bet he turns into good scorer on pens instead of the laboring st louis offense too.like some here suggested I bet sully sid and gino all exspressed we need a bad hombre to help out at times! should be fun to watch!!

I think it's also important to note that we had to get physical to beat Ottawa, so Reaves can help us be a better balanced team.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:58 pm 

You guys have a ton of of faith that bones or Cullen resigns? Not me. I think Cullen is done and bones hasn't gotten paid in his NHL career and a team like NyR has a severe need for a guy like him. Heck even LV might throw a ton of cash at him. This is very concerning for me, especially when Sid and Geno aren't really the bastions of health

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:59 pm 

Suwanee88 wrote:
bam morris wrote:
came here to see what u knowledgable folks thought..more I see bout this the more I like..dude is tough bad ass!...watching pens in playoffs I kept wondering where our bad asses were to kick some ass and stop the mauling of sid!! I welcome this cat! dude looks fast too when needed.. I bet he turns into good scorer on pens instead of the laboring st louis offense too.like some here suggested I bet sully sid and gino all exspressed we need a bad hombre to help out at times! should be fun to watch!!

I think it's also important to note that we had to get physical to beat Ottawa, so Reaves can help us be a better balanced team.

Again, this guy is Kunitzs replacement at a fraction of the price

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:10 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
You guys have a ton of of faith that bones or Cullen resigns? Not me. I think Cullen is done and bones hasn't gotten paid in his NHL career and a team like NyR has a severe need for a guy like him. Heck even LV might throw a ton of cash at him. This is very concerning for me, especially when Sid and Geno aren't really the bastions of health

I have faith in the front office to get done what they need to get done because they haven't let me down yet. They'll find the centers they need.

I don't think Cullen is done. I think he could perform at a very good level, for one-two more years AT LEAST. He showed that much to me in the Finals. Maybe HE wants to retire, but he can still play.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:12 pm 

After watching the clips, Reaves reminded me of this :

Great doc, if you haven't already seen it.

I didn't look for vids of Reaves actually 'playing' hockey.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:49 pm 

I'm seeing a lot of skill for a big man known for enforcing. He can skate, and-- when given opportunities with the puck, he has a terrific slap shot and a deadly, quick release snapper. He's been playing as a 4th liner-- but if he gets a chance to play with the Sids-Genos-Kessel-Guentzels-Shearys of the world, he can score.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:51 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:
bam morris wrote:

Again, this guy is Kunitzs replacement at a fraction of the price

and the bolded is exactly what I thought upon hearing this news. I think he might have more offensive skill than Kunitz at this point of their respective careers.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:59 pm 

I posted this already, but here's a reminder of what Reaves can do -- Not many "enforcers" can skate and score like this:

PS: THAT SCORING PLAY COMES AGAINST SCHULTZ/MURRAY -- not chopped liver!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:01 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:

I have faith in the front office to get done what they need to get done because they haven't let me down yet. They'll find the centers they need.

I don't think Cullen is done. I think he could perform at a very good level, for one-two more years AT LEAST. He showed that much to me in the Finals. Maybe HE wants to retire, but he can still play.

Agree with Jeemie - FO will do what they see as necessary and they will get it done.

No, I have little confidence that Cullen/Bonino will be back.

But I had NO confidence in Sundquist as the 3rd line center.

I see Carter Rowney as 4th line Center for now -- and we need a 3rd line C -- plenty of time to find one.

We found Bonino previously - we can find his replacement too. It shouldn't be that hard, just as it wasn't that hard to find Bonino in the first place.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:43 pm 

I think Bonino is a HUGE part of the TEAM fabric. I wouldn't be surprised if he is back.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next