It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ryan Reaves
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:57 pm 

I think the jersey for Reaves in the playoffs depends on the team and the game. I look at the Craps with The Subhuman Tom Wilson, the Torts-led Blue Jobs and the Cryers, and I think in some of those situations, you might see Reaves.

Against a skill team like Tampa, or maybe someone eventually out of the West, you add skill and speed to the mix instead. The fact that Reaves can skate enough to work a regular shift (unlike somebody like Sestito) gives them a little more flexibility as to when and how they are able to use him.

The fact that he's a positive locker room presence is a big plus, no matter where, when or how long he plays.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:37 pm 

15 pages

Well done gents

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:43 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
15 pages

Well done gents

thread also has almost 5000 views, crushing any current Fury thread, including the more popular football board

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:57 pm 

steel wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:
15 pages

Well done gents

thread also has almost 5000 views, crushing any current Fury thread, including the more popular football board

Ryan Reaves, King of All Media.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:19 pm 

steel wrote:
bam morris wrote:
Hacksaw Jim Duggan wrote:
Reaves seems like a fine human and a great teammate.

ive enjoyed reaves beating several fuckers up !!! for that alone I like it......just maybe his asskicking has shown up in a different manor not on the scoreboard. maybe sid or gino been abused just a bit less.. just a thought.

from the Pens P-G beat writer yesterday:

Spend every day around the Penguins, and it’s easy to see how much Crosby loves having Ryan Reaves around.

Not just on the ice, but in the dressing room. Those two joked around for a while Thursday. There’s definitely a friendship there, a funny one.

Reaves isn’t afraid to bust Crosby’s chops a little, especially regarding his superstitions.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/peng ... 1802190104

What's with the yinzers and smiles? Jesus, I'd hate to see the collective orgasm of Pittsburgh if there were ever a competition between Fleury's smile and a Ryan Reaves standup. Sadly, smiles aren't an official hockey statistic.

Because you can't handle or believe any statistical analysis that proves contrary to Reaves being an effective hockey player (I shouldn't single you out, everyone here was dead wrong), I counter your puff piece with another. And mine didn't cost a first round pick.

https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2016/4/ ... igns-stick

Ya'll are practicing a bit of a fit in insanity here.

First it was "Reaves can actually play. He's going to score XX amount goals here. He will also protect the stars."

Reaves hasn't really done that. In fact, he's failed to do that. In one of the biggest games of the year, Reaves stood by idle while Letang got pounded in the face. He did not make his presence known after that to let the Capitals know it wasn't going to happen again. What are the chances the Penguins play the Capitals in the playoffs?

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/2233 ... ody-injury
https://www.russianmachineneverbreaks.c ... is-letang/

Now it's
"Well, don't worry. He'll be there for Sid and the stars in the playoffs. THEN is when he'll stop it. Sure. Right? I mean for sure he will!"

Do you think Reaves will be useful in the playoffs with 5 minutes of ice time? How can you be a deterrent on the Penguins bench. Surely, his skills and production in past playoff series will be useful for this team.
36 games
1 goal
0 assists
1 point

Oh.

Instead of being concerned as to how the 4th line will manage to not be scored on at will in the playoffs, ya'll are worried about salvaging some sort of semblance of being right. Why? Maybe because you like the guy? I like the guy, too. I liked Fleury, but facts were facts with him for the majority of his career. I'm sure Hunwick is a great guy, too. In fact, unless you're someone like Tyler Seguin, most hockey players are great guys.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:40 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
This was about an insane desire to be RIGHT about something more than anything else...and I suppose a genuine worry that Rutherford might be departing from "The New Penguin Way" that netted us two Cups.

But as the season has progressed, there is no evidence that Rutherford is departing from the New Penguin Way, so now it's about busting steel's chops every day...and I guess, to some small degree, mine...although God knows for what reason. All I said in my initial comment was that Hacksaw had really sunk to a new low about preaching impending doom and gloom...which, as time has borne out, is dead balls-on true...for now.

Rent.

Free.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:44 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
This was about an insane desire to be RIGHT about something more than anything else...and I suppose a genuine worry that Rutherford might be departing from "The New Penguin Way" that netted us two Cups.

But as the season has progressed, there is no evidence that Rutherford is departing from the New Penguin Way, so now it's about busting steel's chops every day...and I guess, to some small degree, mine...although God knows for what reason. All I said in my initial comment was that Hacksaw had really sunk to a new low about preaching impending doom and gloom...which, as time has borne out, is dead balls-on true...for now.

Rent.

Free.

I know...but to be fair...I live rent free in a lot of people's heads.

So don't feel too bad.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:56 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

Rent.

Free.

I know...but to be fair...I live rent free in a lot of people's heads.

So don't feel too bad.

Four minutes after I posted that. Yikes. There's a camp out in the thread, boys! Then again, you've posted here a good 22,000+ times to my 700. This is pretty much your life's work. You'd think you'd be better at it! Sadly, I've pumped out more valuable info and original thought in my 700 to your 20,000. Hahahaha.

At least you don't send me creepy private messages about how young I am like Bethsteel. Please don't start doing that.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:23 pm 

In Beth's defense, he's not only a certifiable tinfoil Patriots hater, but also a Cryers fan, so I'm not sure other unusual/abnormal behavior is completely unexpected.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:08 pm 

steel wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:
15 pages

Well done gents

I have this sneaking suspicion that Reeves will be Sid's Jay Caufield.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next