It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 5:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ryan Reaves
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:31 pm 

I honestly don't get why people have it in for Tom Kuhnhackl. I think he is adequate as a 4th liner.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:04 pm 

SteelPro wrote:
I honestly don't get why people have it in for Tom Kuhnhackl. I think he is adequate as a 4th liner.

I dislike him for a multitude of reasons:

1) He falls down half the time (and I'm not exaggerating)
2) He can barely catch a pass
3) Sully seems to be his pet
4) Most importantly, he's plodding and doesn't fit the identity of this team.

Put Kuhn in the West and I think he's ok to bang around with the bigger guys. I get that not every player is going to be a great passer/shooter/etc, but I'd rather have a fast guy with no hands than a slow guy with no hands on this team.

He's labeled as this PKer extraordinaire and he failed to get a simple clear on the 1st PP goal against and then the 2nd PP goal he didn't block (and he's supposedly the god of shot blocking). He's been poor on some prior Pks as well.
I'd rather have a quicker guy from WBS on the PK who can hound the puck carrier and harass them vs someone like Kuhn who is so reactive.

The past 2 yrs he's been a fine 13th F who can occasionally play and give a good effort on the 4th line. But him playing regularly makes this lineup weaker. Swap Reaves for Kuhn and we don't lose much (and I'm not advocating for either guy to be a regular)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:37 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
SteelPro wrote:

I dislike him for a multitude of reasons:

1) He falls down half the time (and I'm not exaggerating)
2) He can barely catch a pass
3) Sully seems to be his pet
4) Most importantly, he's plodding and doesn't fit the identity of this team.

Put Kuhn in the West and I think he's ok to bang around with the bigger guys. I get that not every player is going to be a great passer/shooter/etc, but I'd rather have a fast guy with no hands than a slow guy with no hands on this team.

He's labeled as this PKer extraordinaire and he failed to get a simple clear on the 1st PP goal against and then the 2nd PP goal he didn't block (and he's supposedly the god of shot blocking). He's been poor on some prior Pks as well.
I'd rather have a quicker guy from WBS on the PK who can hound the puck carrier and harass them vs someone like Kuhn who is so reactive.

The past 2 yrs he's been a fine 13th F who can occasionally play and give a good effort on the 4th line. But him playing regularly makes this lineup weaker. Swap Reaves for Kuhn and we don't lose much (and I'm not advocating for either guy to be a regular)

Yet he still falls down less than Sheary...

Kuhn is average speed; not slow. He actually has some skill. Really irritating player actually because sometimes you see some pretty good skill but it rarely flashes. He is a solid 4th liner.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:15 pm 

Get ready for the Reaves return.
Sheary is week to week and Rust took his place next to 12/87 in practice.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:52 am 

No doubt Kuhnackl is approaching his expiration date, but I could also see him being the bottom-6 heir apparent to the thorn that was Craig Adams.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:43 pm 

Because of injury, Ryan Reaves unfortunately made his way back into the lineup tonight against the Capitals (2/2/18). I'm going to live update this because I know not much will change on the stat sheet.

Despite all the geniuses on this board saying Reaves would deter other teams from playing dirty with the Penguins, the Capitals had their way with 60 minutes of dirty hits and cheap shots. Reaves did nothing.

Here's one such quote!

Quote:
The real benefit is the preventative in that we can now put a hurting on your stars too. Bullets don't fly in a Cold War.

--SteelPro

Not good enough? How about another! Let's bring up our favorite super retard, 57-year-old yinzer steel, and his mindless post from June. Notice his typical poor use of capitalization and punctuation.

Quote:
Fuckin A Right -- DETERRENCE WORKS

--steel the retard

So, who got things right here? Well, it was your resident super genius, Hacksaw Jim Duggan. HOOOOOO!!!!!

Quote:
Let's forward to the 2017-2018 season. Picture this, Sidney Crosby is in front of the net in the first round of the playoffs against the wild card New York Rangers. Then, a scene all too familiar occurs, Marc Staal cross checks Crosby viciously in the back of the head. But wait! Here comes Reaves off the bench to rescue our captain and violently assault Staal. Oh. Oh wait. You mean a player's presence on a team isn't going to stop Crosby or any other star from getting pummeled? You mean that has been proven the case time and time again? You mean maybe the problem is the league's inability to police and protect their stars? You mean Reaves got a 10-game suspension for leaving the bench? Oh. "Vengeance for Sid"? What a fucking stupid comment. Yes, the Penguins star player is out of the game with a concussion. Don't worry! Here comes our tough guy Reaves to get a 5 minute boarding major! Hooray! Dumb. Clueless.

Reaves vs. Capitals
0 Goals
0 Assists
0 +/-
7:56 TOI
10+ times he watched a Capitals player cheapshot a teammate and did nothing.
1 Ian Cole crushed via Tom Wilson. Reaves did not engage Wilson.
1 Kris Letang assault from T.J. Oshie. Reaves watched from a foot away
1 Patric Hornqvist demolished by Brooks Orpik. Reaves does not establish any physical presence.

Quote:
Man you have fallen on hard times.

Even the dig on steel doesn't rescue this from being one of your dumber posts.Man you have fallen on hard times.

Even the dig on steel doesn't rescue this from being one of your dumber posts.Man you have fallen on hard times.

Even the dig on steel doesn't rescue this from being one of your dumber posts.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:26 am 

This is a fun game.

Quote:
He’s everything we expected him to be when we acquired him,” Sullivan said earlier this week. “He brings a dimension to our team that has certainly made our opponents aware of how they play against us.”

- Mike Sullivan, 2 time Stanley Cup winning coach

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:22 pm 

SteelPro wrote:
This is a fun game.

Quote:
He’s everything we expected him to be when we acquired him,” Sullivan said earlier this week. “He brings a dimension to our team that has certainly made our opponents aware of how they play against us.”

- Mike Sullivan, 2 time Stanley Cup winning coach

Is that dimension being a healthy scratch? Playing 5 minutes a night? What were the Capitals aware of last night?

Do you like this next quote?

Quote:
“He’s a guy that brings a physical element to our team,” Penguins coach Mike Sullivan said after his club’s 7-4 win. “He has the ability to create some anxiety and he has the ability, I think, to give our players a certain comfort level when they’re on the ice.”

--Mike Sullivan, two-time Stanley Cup-winning Coach, on Tom Sestito, current AHL player for the Pittsburgh Penguins. This player could have done the same thing for the Penguins and not cost a first round pick. I mean, with such high praise from Mike Sullivan, why even bother with Reaves? Mike Sullivan sure does seem to support his own players by positively praising them. That's so weird. But since he's been scratching Reaves, it's almost like...hmm...I don't know. Maybe he was saying positive things about Reaves but really weighing rational thoughts in his head to create the best lineup for his team to win?

You know what? I think someone mentioned Tom Sestito earlier in this thread. Oh my God! It's coming back to me.

Quote:
I don't mind the addition of a guy to the lineup to protect the stars. I can see a need for it in the regular season against the Flyers or Capitals. Tom Sestito can fill that role. Oh, and hey, he wouldn't cost a first round pick and a ok prospect.

--Hacksaw Jim Duggan

Holy. Shit. It's almost like I could SEE INTO THE FUTURE!

What yesterday proved to me is Reaves CAN'T fill that role because he didn't punish the Capitals players for targeting Penguins. Sestito has proven in the past to do just that.

Get triggered. Don't feel bad. You're not the only one who was clueless.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/cap ... 42e38985fe
Reaves was there. He certainly stopped this from happening.

Quote:
Stop it. You're triggerin' me!

--SteelPro

This IS fun! :lol:

Let's play a fun game. Let's use the same scenario I mentioned in June and replace Staal/Crosby with Letang/Oshie.

Quote:
Let's forward to the 2017-2018 season. Picture this, Kris Letang is along the boards in a regular season game against the Capitals. Then, a scene all too familiar occurs, T.J. Oshie cross checks Kris Letang viciously in the back of the head. But wait! Here comes Reaves from literally four feet away to come to our defensemen's resuce. Oh. Oh wait. You mean a player's presence on a team isn't going to stop Letang or any other star from getting pummeled? You mean that has been proven the case time and time again? You mean maybe the problem is the league's inability to police and protect their stars? You mean Reaves got a 10-game suspension for a post whistle assault? Oh. "Vengeance for Letang"? What a fucking stupid comment. Yes, the Penguins star player is out of the game with a concussion. Don't worry! Here comes our tough guy Reaves to get a 5 minute boarding major! Hooray! Dumb. Clueless.

It's like I could see into the future! Whoa!

100% right. Again.

Last edited by Hacksaw Jim Duggan on Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:41 pm 

Because of injuries to our star players because the Capitals weren't pissing their pants at the sight of Ryan Reaves, Mr. Reaves got to get in his 5-6 minutes of pure waste tonight in a 3-1 loss in New Jersey.

Here are the stats.

0 G
0 A
0 +/-
6:57 TOI

Another banner day. We're coming closer and closer to that 10-12 goal season, right retard steel?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:38 pm 

Surprise! Reaves scored a huge goal to get the Pens rolling vs Vegas 2/6/18. Unfortunately, he'll likely be useless for another 15 games. Good to see the current scapegoat beat the former scapegoat for a goal in a classic Fleury meltdown.

1 Goal
0 Assists
0 +/-
9:49 ice time

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next