It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ryan Reaves
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:15 pm 

It is quite clear that the Reaves experiment needs to end. Only ? is whether you can get even a late round draft pick for him. My worry is prior to Botterli (sp?) leaving, there was a power struggle between Botts and Billy G. Billy G. won and I think Billy G. was behind the Reaves trade. It...worries me.

Also, one thinks that maybe a first + Oscar for a true bottom six center + 2nd could've happened with the right team last year.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:10 pm 

I get the complaints about Reaves. He doesn’t offer much and the need for an enforcer is dubious. But no one expected this guy to produce goals. Bigger issue for me is the lack of production from Carl Hagelin. He gets more than double the minutes that Reaves does and has triple the salary. Just 3 goals on the year and I think two of them were empty netters. I get that he is useful on the PK. But they need at least a little something from him offensively.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:50 pm 

SteelPro wrote:
I get the complaints about Reaves. He doesn’t offer much and the need for an enforcer is dubious. But no one expected this guy to produce goals. Bigger issue for me is the lack of production from Carl Hagelin. He gets more than double the minutes that Reaves does and has triple the salary. Just 3 goals on the year and I think two of them were empty netters. I get that he is useful on the PK. But they need at least a little something from him offensively.

At least Hags has driven play. When with Malkin, he has produced. Reaves doesn't do shit.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:49 pm 

Zeke5123 wrote:
SteelPro wrote:

At least Hags has driven play. When with Malkin, he has produced. Reaves doesn't do shit.

Yea Hags can earn his money by creating space for Geno

Reaves... I think many people are going to be disappointed bc my bet is he plays in the playoffs.
Guess it is what it is at this point

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:45 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Zeke5123 wrote:
SteelPro wrote:

Yea Hags can earn his money by creating space for Geno

Reaves... I think many people are going to be disappointed bc my bet is he plays in the playoffs.

I want Sprong getting minutes. But in the playoffs, I'd rather Sprong get 8 minutes compared to Reaves.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:29 am 

Zeke5123 wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:

I want Sprong getting minutes. But in the playoffs, I'd rather Sprong get 8 minutes compared to Reaves.

You'll get no argument from me.

I question this team's personnel moves in the offseason: jettisoning Archi and Wilson. Playing Kuhn and Reaves. I mean swap those players for the 4th line and tell me this team doesn't look significantly different with it's speed attack.

Now we're slow and plodding. I feel like we've gone away from what's made us successful

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:57 pm 

They sent Sprong back down.
Looks like Rust is ready to return.

Let me ask this-why not give Sprong another chance and have Rust play in Reaves place? Lets see what the lineup looks like with some youth and speed.

I'm starting to believe that Rutherford is forcing Reaves on Sullivan.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:27 pm 

fractalsteel wrote:
They sent Sprong back down.
Looks like Rust is ready to return.

Let me ask this-why not give Sprong another chance and have Rust play in Reaves place? Lets see what the lineup looks like with some youth and speed.

Call me crazy-- could they be showcasing Reaves for a deal? If there's a possibility he helps in a deal, I can see playing him... but let's make the deal soon.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:39 am 

fractalsteel wrote:

Oh I've felt this from the beginning. Lot's of talk from JR that he felt Sid/Geno were getting abused and it needed to end since the league wasn't going to protect them

Heck Reaves gets like 6 mins a night, that tells you all you need to know

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:38 pm 

WOW

Jason Mackey

@JMackeyPG
Looks like Ryan Reaves could be a healthy scratch tonight. Last forward on the ice.

11:05 AM - Jan 23, 2018

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:16 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
WOW

Jason Mackey

@JMackeyPG
Looks like Ryan Reaves could be a healthy scratch tonight. Last forward on the ice.

11:05 AM - Jan 23, 2018

Thank the fucking hockey gods.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:06 pm 

This is a good start.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:30 pm 

Ryan Reaves is a healthy scratch. 1/23/18

Here's the wall of fail!!

Quote:
Me thinks Sid's taken one too many cross checks from hacks like Brandon Dubinsky.
Me thinks Sid and Geno (maybe through Sully) asked JR for some protection.
Me thinks JR's #1 objective now is to WIN whilst having Sid/Geno/Phil/Letang/Murray/etc.

Quote:
All the critics miss something else -- Gary Roberts, Mike Rupp, Bill Guerin, Eric Fehr -- all tough guys with some skills.
Protection in the regular season. Grit in the playoffs.

- Bing Collector Ben

Quote:
The real benefit in having an enforcer like this isn't that they can go get vengeance for Sid

-Steelpro

Quote:
Man you have fallen on hard times.

Even the dig on steel doesn't rescue this from being one of your dumber posts

Quote:
Your post otherwise was ridiculous. There's plenty of spectrum between "best deal of all time" and "sucks ass".

-Jeemie

Quote:
came here to see what u knowledgable folks thought..more I see bout this the more I like..dude is tough bad ass!...watching pens in playoffs I kept wondering where our bad asses were to kick some ass and stop the mauling of sid!! I welcome this cat! dude looks fast too when needed.. I bet he turns into good scorer on pens instead of the laboring st louis offense too.like some here suggested I bet sully sid and gino all exspressed we need a bad hombre to help out at times! should be fun to watch!!

-bam morris

Quote:

and the bolded is exactly what I thought upon hearing this news. I think he might have more offensive skill than Kunitz at this point of their respective careers.

Quote:
Reaves is going to have his career year this year. Great situation for him, and he's been improving each season.

--B2B

And now for KING RETARD!!

Quote:
Let’s be honest, the Blues need a guy like Reaves to climb onto the ice, immediately putting the other team on notice for having their ass handed to them. He doesn’t just hit the other guy; he runs them the fuck over. He is feared on the ice, and is the only Blue who can police opposing players out there. If Pittsburgh had Reaves, Sidney Crosby may not have six concussions during his career

Quote:
I'll bet Reaves scores 12-13 goals for us next year, while protecting Sid & Co.

Quote:
As JR said, when you go out and get the guy who is the best at what he does, you have to pay for it. Reaves is the best at what he does, and it's something we need - toughness and grit and striking fear in the opponent.

Quote:
very true -- people comparing Reaves to Sestito make me laugh -- Reaves is 10000X more of a hockey player/skater than Sestito

Quote:
dumbasses like Hacksaw are playing checkers while JR is playing chess

That's why fucking idiots like him don't get the trade

Quote:
I posted this already, but here's a reminder of what Reaves can do -- Not many "enforcers" can skate and score like this:

Quote:
good article -- Pretty much the consensus view of (most) on the board here (except for at least one numbskull)

-steel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:29 pm 

:o hey nothing wrong with being optimistic!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:45 pm 

Mea culpa. He doesn’t fit here at all and he’s late to shoot on every opportunity. I swear he looked better than this on tape. If he were good enough to finish, he could play on a better line but he’s not.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:26 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Mea culpa. He doesn’t fit here at all and he’s late to shoot on every opportunity. I swear he looked better than this on tape. If he were good enough to finish, he could play on a better line but he’s not.

Newsflash: better C's make mediocre Wingers look good

Reaves hasn't had anything resembling a decent C here. Reaves would be fine with Cullen. I'd argue Reaves is a better hockey player than Kuhn. A tad slower, yea...

We've had trash at the 4C the entire year....Reaves formed a solid 4th line for STL because he had a good pivot

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:45 pm 

I liked the idea of it at the time, the trade seemed a bit much (though Sundqvist hasn't exactly set the world on fire, either).

Reaves has been a little more active than Sestito. I'll probably give him that.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:48 pm 

Ryan Reaves is a healthy scratch vs. Minnesota Wild. 1/25/18

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:40 pm 

Will Reaves ever get back into the lineup?

HS 1/30/18

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:42 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

Newsflash: better C's make mediocre Wingers look good

Reaves hasn't had anything resembling a decent C here. Reaves would be fine with Cullen. I'd argue Reaves is a better hockey player than Kuhn. A tad slower, yea...

We've had trash at the 4C the entire year....Reaves formed a solid 4th line for STL because he had a good pivot

It's about role. I think both Kuhn and Reaves would see an uptick in play with a Cullen-type center. Rightfully, Kuhnackl is favored because he can kill penalties. No surprise, Sullivan doesn't value Subway Sandwiches of the Game and great interviews over special teams play.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next