It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Sens ECF Game 3
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:35 pm 

I think its completely different Friday night.. all u negative nancys...if we lost this game 1-0 in overtime or 2-1. in nail biter we would still have maf in goal Friday night.. now hes played well but I think murray gives us more upside going forward. I contend this ass whipping is better then losing a nail biter. this isn't a team without experience trying to build a winner. they know and where embarrassed. wont happen Friday.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:08 am 

14Thumb wrote:
During the anthem,Fleury looked like a deer in the headlights. Played the same way.

I dunno....looked to me like he was singing....seriously.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:14 am 

bam morris wrote:
I think its completely different Friday night.. all u negative nancys...if we lost this game 1-0 in overtime or 2-1. in nail biter we would still have maf in goal Friday night.. now hes played well but I think murray gives us more upside going forward. I contend this ass whipping is better then losing a nail biter. this isn't a team without experience trying to build a winner. they know and where embarrassed. wont happen Friday.

Did Sullivan say it's Murray's net on Friday?? I didn't think so. Fleury had two shutouts in past three games....saved this team's ass during Washington. I think Sully writes this off as one shitty game, puts MAF back in the net on Friday.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:22 am 

I'm confused on what to do about our netminder. I'm very confused.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:15 am 

Bit of historical parallel......

Last year, Sullivan replaced Murray with Fleury after Murray's Game #4 v. Tampa Bay....then back to Murray.

I'm thinking we'll see #29 in net on Friday.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:03 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
bam morris wrote:

Did Sullivan say it's Murray's net on Friday?? I didn't think so. Fleury had two shutouts in past three games....saved this team's ass during Washington. I think Sully writes this off as one shitty game, puts MAF back in the net on Friday.

Ehh the shutout in G2 was a product of defense. Fleury faced zero high quality scoring chances and only a couple of good chances. Good for him for not fucking it up but that's a game most goalies have a shut out.

The question is who gives you the best chance to win. One guy has proven over the last year plus to be the better goalie. The other guy just let in three wtf goals to lose an important playoff game. Sully couldn't pull Fleury until he fucked up. Now, he can put the better player in net.

I've been saying it all of the playoffs -- Fleury plays a very aggressive high variance style. Maybe it makes sense when you are he underdog but the pens look like a better team than the senators. That high variance style puts more pressure on the defense and an lead to wtf goals. There was a pleasant difference with Murray in net -- less thrashing around and more sound positional play. Murray can do that because he is more physically gifted than Fleury (fleury is obviously quicker but much smaller than Murray -- Murray is a deft athlete for his size).

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:55 am 

I think Sully goes back to MAF on Fri night. If he sees any faltering he's got MM in his back pocket.

Flip that scenario where MM starts and therefore MAF's spirits are crushed. What happens if MM gets lit up? Gonna put a dejected MAF in relief and perhaps going forward? That's not gonna work.

People calling for Streit hopefully realize why he wasn't in the first place- he fucking sucks dick and so does Daley. Get well soon Schultz

This team wasn't ready to play at all- from the starting goalie to the stickboy. The only positive is we didn't get shut out. Oh I'll retract my statement- Carter Rowney was the only guy who decided to show up.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:56 am 

I know sully didn't mention whos in goal..but I'm hoping for murray..

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:21 am 

Streit was really bad on the backdoor goal yesterday.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:36 am 

Just wanna say -- the last time Murray started a playoff game it ended with the Pens winning the cup. Murray was the better goaltender the whole year. Fleury has had some great games in this year's playoffs. Also had some stinkers (worse than any of Murray's last year).

In a vacuum you need to win a single game -- do you start Murray or Fleury? Give me Murray every time. And that should be all that matters.

As for not being able to go back to Fleury -- didn't Murray have the same thing happen to him last year? He showed mental toughness to shit the doors on b2b do or die games after being pulled. If you don't think Fleury has that mental fortitude that is all the more reason to go with the better goaltender.

Also, Murray will help the breakout so much. He creates much less chaos, which helps the pens with a more ordered breakout.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next