It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 5:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Sens ECF Game 1
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:31 pm 

Did Maata get a lobotomy or something? I swear to Christ when I saw him playing on the Finnish national team I thought he was the shit. Like, a future all star defenseman. What in the fuck happened to that guy?

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:35 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
Did Maata get a lobotomy or something? I swear to Christ when I saw him playing on the Finnish national team I thought he was the shit. Like, a future all star defenseman. What in the fuck happened to that guy?

I don't think he has been the same since his illness.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:44 pm 

bam morris wrote:
announcer said maata not exactly slow..wrong..

I also laughed at that. He's most definitely slow.

Flower played very well.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:47 pm 

Losing at home is never good. This was a game they should have won. Our defense needs to play better, period.

Still have no idea how we beat Washington.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:56 pm 

Staying optimistic, but going back to last Saturday, this team has now lost three out of four....and twice looked like shit in doing so.

A lot of iron hit tonight by both teams.....sure woulda been nice for Kessell to have bagged that shot. I did NOT have a good feeling going to OT....Ottawa has lived in OT this playoff season.....Pens now 0-2 at home in OT.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:02 pm 

A sweet set up or one timer deflection where MAF has no chance, fine. That's just the way the game goes.

But getting beat like that to lose in OT at home chaps my ass. This is your home ice with thousands of your fans watching. You don't get beat like that one on one.

Maata is done to me. Finished. Next man up.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:38 am 

The team seemed to lack a pep in the step or the ability to accelerate. The power play needs to produce as well. 4 power plays in the first and a chunk of 5-3 and zip to show for it.

congrats to the sens for showing up. the extra day off may have been beneficial for their legs. Who knows.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 2:44 am 

Its pretty simple vs the 1-3-1 style that Boucher has masterfully crafted with this group of willing and FAST skaters on his top 3 lines.....

WITHOUT 58 you have to get it deep and go and get the vulcanized rubber and make Karlsson pay for his ice time.

The lackadaisical effort in the choices made out there tonight from top to bottom by the home team was really really eye opening. It was as if they somehow forgot that the Sens have an entirely different game plan than that of the Caps (Or Jackets).

Maata is hurting the team in a bad bad way not only with his D but his terrible inability to shoot the puck with any vigor or elevation.

Maata is a complete and utter shadow of his former self ; much like SHEARY......holy fucking shite has he turned into a pile of baby poo in the second season :shock:

This has major let down spot written all over it and we are poised for a 2-0 series after the Monday evening affair IMHO.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 8:47 am 

Orangesteel wrote:
Hainsey and Maata will be the downfall of this team. That was pathetic effort on his part. Got beat like a bitch

Did you see our one and only goal?

Hainsey made it happen 100%

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 9:45 am 

Y-Town Steel wrote:
bam morris wrote:
announcer said maata not exactly slow..wrong..

I also laughed at that. He's most definitely slow.

Flower played very well.

Ehh I don't think so. A few posts and what by all rights should've been a back breaking goal when he failed to cover a puck. Senators put a lot of pucks on the crest. The two goals he did give up weren't that bad. But the ones he was lucky not to give up weren't so great. I'd say solid B.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next