It is currently Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Sens ECF Game 1
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 10:45 am 

steel wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
Hainsey and Maata will be the downfall of this team. That was pathetic effort on his part. Got beat like a bitch

Did you see our one and only goal?

Hainsey made it happen 100%

Let's not inflate what he did on that play. He had a skating lane and took the puck from our end to there end with some hustle.

But in terms of the goal, no, he did not make it happen 100%; heads up play by Kuni to throw the puck on net and an incredible redirect by Malkin.

What Hainsey did on that play could be done by any player on any team in the league. His bone headed errors and physically weak play far overshadow the good he does out there.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 11:23 am 

We started off trailing 1-0 last year too with a lackladaisical effort.

Yes...we've looked like utter shit three of our last four, but I'm not worried unless we come out the same way Monday night.

This is a series where we will really miss Letang though...although I did see a few good stretch passes to break through the 1-3-1, and some just barely missed.

So let's give it one more game before any panic sets in.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 11:24 am 

Zeke5123 wrote:
Y-Town Steel wrote:
bam morris wrote:
announcer said maata not exactly slow..wrong..

I also laughed at that. He's most definitely slow.

Flower played very well.

Ehh I don't think so. A few posts and what by all rights should've been a back breaking goal when he failed to cover a puck. Senators put a lot of pucks on the crest. The two goals he did give up weren't that bad. But the ones he was lucky not to give up weren't so great. I'd say solid B.

Anderson let by a couple that rang off the post and crossbar too.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:38 pm 

I'm still pissed over last night game. I feared a let down after the emotional gut check win vs caps. and my fears came true.
watching sens play vs caps looked like a donkey racing a thoroughbred..and yet we lost. nice to lead on shots tho..I hope we can get the offense going and blow these guys out like they should.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 2:53 pm 

Jeemie wrote:

Yes...we've looked like utter shit three of our last four, but I'm not worried unless we come out the same way Monday night.

This is a series where we will really miss Letang though...although I did see a few good stretch passes to break through the 1-3-1, and some just barely missed.

This is where I'm at.
Missing a healthy Hagelin hurts as well. His speed can cause that trap lots of problems. If Daley is inserted back into the lineup I hope it is at the expense of Hainsey and not Ruhwedel.

I expect the Pens to shine Monday night.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 3:20 pm 

fractalsteel wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

This is where I'm at.
Missing a healthy Hagelin hurts as well. His speed can cause that trap lots of problems. If Daley is inserted back into the lineup I hope it is at the expense of Hainsey and not Ruhwedel.

I expect the Pens to shine Monday night.

Pens will play better Monday, as I am once again in the same city where they are playing (as I was for Caps Game 7. ;) )

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 5:18 pm 

Right with you Jeems. Pens had some great chances that caught medal. Not too worried.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 9:13 pm 

Watching ANA and NASH right now; not sure the Pens or Sens could hang with either of these teams. When we have all our guys, sure, we can beat anyone, but we don't have all of our guys.

Maata and Hainsey. What do you say? Sullivan has done a masterful job coaching away from this team's weaknesses. He seems to know what to do to hide the warts. Our offense has to play better and bail out the defense.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:11 am 

Orangesteel wrote:
Hainsey and Maata are fucking horrible. Enough is enough bench these idiots

Who do you want to replace them with? There really are no alternatives. Streit fucking sucks. Pouliout? Gaunce? Nothing there

And I get Maata receiving a ton of blame because he let in the GW goal, but he was actually ok outside of that. Long term I think he's more suited to the Western Conf, remember he looked good vs SJ last year.

They get 1 PP goal (JUST ONE!) and they win the game. Absolutely ridiculous a team with this much talent can squander a 5-3

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:05 pm 

Im not worried.

They lost game one to Tampa last year and Tampa was actually good.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10