It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Game 36: Pirates at Diamondbacks
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:53 am 

Luca Brasi wrote:
The team is a total abortion. So bad I don't even bother watching.

Agree. I will continue to start the threads unless shamtown ever comes back which I doubt, but I've been disgusted with them since early last year when they trotted out Nibbles, Niese and Nicasio in the starting rotation. Anyone who purchases a ticket to see a game at PNC falls into the P. T. Barnum category. The entire city of Pittsburgh should boycott this team.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:59 am 

Bling Collector Ben wrote:
Gents, I can't adequately say enough to describe the utter hopelessness I have for the Pittsburgh Pirates. This team has "worst record in all of baseball" potential this season (and maybe for seasons to come). Clint Hurdle must really need to cash some checks to continue being part of this sham masquerading as a major league baseball team.

I know. I know. Kang is detained. Frazier and Freeze were hurt. Taillon is unavailable. The dog at NH's homework. Guess what? It makes no never mind. NH has for the past two off seasons done little (I'm being generous) to upgrade the existing roster, either because he is overrated or because he has orders from his boss to cap spending.

Some of you have high hopes that dumping Cutch and "fill in the blanks" will net a huge haul of young talent -- forget that my friends. Other GMs have no need to part with significant talent knowing a fire sale when they see one -- not that the Pirates have very many major league players playing at an elite level anyway.

The cocktail of bad pitching, atrocious fundamentals, lousy defense, abysmal hitting, and a FO ready/willing/able to tank if it helps the bottom line makes the Pirates who many are now seeing them to be -- possibly the worst team in MLB. You gents better hope the farm system is all that it's been promised to be (as if I'd believe anything these guys have to say about anything anyway) or we are in for another decade or more of what's been served up to start this season.

The worst part is you KNOW NH will use all that stuff that happened this year as a built-in excuse.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:57 am 

yes..excuses galore..but we all know this squad was depleted and a shell of playoff teams..last years salary dump of of giving prospect to take larianos 9 mill was so telling. what we knew all along confirmed. no doubt cutches salary must and will be dumped for a few no ones..
agree with bing. most owners use the game as a hobby to play and compete with other rich. not ours; he must turn biggest buck and team be damned. only reason he even trys to improve is to put fans in seats. but its on the ultra cheapo menu. dudes a disgrace.. oh how I wish mark Cuban by this sad sack team.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:59 am 

JackLambert58 wrote:
Luca Brasi wrote:
The team is a total abortion. So bad I don't even bother watching.

Agree. I will continue to start the threads unless shamtown ever comes back which I doubt, but I've been disgusted with them since early last year when they trotted out Nibbles, Niese and Nicasio in the starting rotation. Anyone who purchases a ticket to see a game at PNC falls into the P. T. Barnum category. The entire city of Pittsburgh should boycott this team.

Godspeed to you Jack for starting the threads. I haven't posted in them because there's nothing to add considering the shitshow we are seeing. I mean Cutch and Polanco are sub .700 OPS. Wtf? Cutch is done, and Polanco is a major BUST. Mercer? Never liked him from day 1. AWFUL. When your best player is Josh Harrison, you know there is something wrong. At least Bell so far looks ok :lol: Likr others have stated, Cervelli is a fraud.

My daughter got 2 free tickets from her school for good grades, so we did purchase 2 others so all 4 of us can go. Damn shame, because my kids do enjoy being there. Of course they're oblivious to the garbage they're seeing :shock: