Post subject: Game 36: Pirates at Diamondbacks
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 5:55 am 

At Chase Field
Game time: 9:40PM ET
Probable starters:
PIT: Tyler Glasnow (1-2, 6.33 ERA)
ARI: Patrick Corbin (2-4, 3.89 ERA)

Quote:
After a rough first month, Tyler Glasnow seems to be hitting his stride. The Pirates' right-hander, no longer a prospect after his last outing, has put together consecutive quality starts heading into Friday's matchup with the D-backs at Chase Field.

The D-backs counter with left-hander Patrick Corbin, whose strong start to the season was interrupted by a tough day against the Rockies last Saturday. Corbin entered Coors Field with a 2.29 ERA in his first six starts, then allowed a season-high eight runs on nine hits over four innings.

Glasnow beat the Reds in Cincinnati on May 2, when he allowed three runs over six innings. He pitched even better against the Brewers on Sunday, but he was let down by Pittsburgh's defense and low-scoring lineup in a 6-2 loss. The 23-year-old rookie's apparent turnaround is coming at an ideal time, as the Pirates need all the rotation help they can get following the loss of Jameson Taillon, who is out following surgery for suspected testicular cancer.

Corbin was hit hard by the Pirates last year, posting a 6.17 ERA and allowing four homers over two starts. Glasnow has never faced Arizona.

Three things to know about this game

• Corbin throws his slider 34 percent of the time, but about 64 percent of his 77 swinging strikes have come on the pitch. Among starting pitchers with at least 25 total swinging strikes, only Tampa Bay's Chris Archer has notched a higher percentage on his slider.

• The Pirates could see infielder David Freese or outfielder Adam Frazier, or perhaps both, come off the disabled list and return to the lineup soon. Frazier started in left field for Triple-A Indianapolis on Thursday, and Freese went through a full pregame workout at Chase Field.

• This series is a homecoming for Pirates reliever Daniel Hudson, who was with the D-backs from 2010-16. Hudson has struggled to start the season, owning a 7.53 ERA and a 1.88 WHIP. The D-backs, who stuck with Hudson through two Tommy John surgeries, recognized the reliever with a video montage on the scoreboard Thursday night.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/201705112 ... _pk=490635

BEAT 'EM BUCS!!!

Post subject: Re: Game 36: Pirates at Diamondbacks
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 6:00 pm 

Frazier has been activated from the DL now ;)

Hopefully Freese comes back ASAP as well. The club is in a major funk right now and there is no two ways about it.

Regardless of Corbin being a left hander or not Frazier must be inserted into the lineup tonight by Clint !

1. Harrison 3B
2. Frazier LF
3. Bell 1B
4. Polanco RF
5. Cutch CF
6. Cervelli C
7. Mercer SS
8. The Gift 2B
9. Glasnow P

Best lineup possible for tonight if Freese is still on the shelf.

Corbin has been atrocious as of late and we need to get it together and take this damn series before returning home to face the NATS.

LETS GO BUCS!

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 6:47 pm 

1. Jhay 2B
2. Mercer SS
3. Cutch CF
4. Polanco RF
5. Freese 3B
6. Osuna LF
7. Bell 1B
8. Stewart C
9. Glasnow P

Looking for the long ball with Osuna in LF is all I can surmise vs Corbin gopher ball tossing ass.

The issue I have is how can you ask Osuna to man LF Clint ? He is a fucking first base man dude - tried and true and brings the leather well with the big mitt.

Asinine stuff.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:52 pm 

Glasnow is a POS.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:30 pm 

Too bad they don't have relegation in baseball.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:39 am 

Gents, I can't adequately say enough to describe the utter hopelessness I have for the Pittsburgh Pirates. This team has "worst record in all of baseball" potential this season (and maybe for seasons to come). Clint Hurdle must really need to cash some checks to continue being part of this sham masquerading as a major league baseball team.

I know. I know. Kang is detained. Frazier and Freeze were hurt. Taillon is unavailable. The dog at NH's homework. Guess what? It makes no never mind. NH has for the past two off seasons done little (I'm being generous) to upgrade the existing roster, either because he is overrated or because he has orders from his boss to cap spending.

Some of you have high hopes that dumping Cutch and "fill in the blanks" will net a huge haul of young talent -- forget that my friends. Other GMs have no need to part with significant talent knowing a fire sale when they see one -- not that the Pirates have very many major league players playing at an elite level anyway.

The cocktail of bad pitching, atrocious fundamentals, lousy defense, abysmal hitting, and a FO ready/willing/able to tank if it helps the bottom line makes the Pirates who many are now seeing them to be -- possibly the worst team in MLB. You gents better hope the farm system is all that it's been promised to be (as if I'd believe anything these guys have to say about anything anyway) or we are in for another decade or more of what's been served up to start this season.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:54 am 

Bling Collector Ben wrote:
Gents, I can't adequately say enough to describe the utter hopelessness I have for the Pittsburgh Pirates. This team has "worst record in all of baseball" potential this season (and maybe for seasons to come). Clint Hurdle must really need to cash some checks to continue being part of this sham masquerading as a major league baseball team.

I know. I know. Kang is detained. Frazier and Freeze were hurt. Taillon is unavailable. The dog at NH's homework. Guess what? It makes no never mind. NH has for the past two off seasons done little (I'm being generous) to upgrade the existing roster, either because he is overrated or because he has orders from his boss to cap spending.

Some of you have high hopes that dumping Cutch and "fill in the blanks" will net a huge haul of young talent -- forget that my friends. Other GMs have no need to part with significant talent knowing a fire sale when they see one -- not that the Pirates have very many major league players playing at an elite level anyway.

The cocktail of bad pitching, atrocious fundamentals, lousy defense, abysmal hitting, and a FO ready/willing/able to tank if it helps the bottom line makes the Pirates who many are now seeing them to be -- possibly the worst team in MLB. You gents better hope the farm system is all that it's been promised to be (as if I'd believe anything these guys have to say about anything anyway) or we are in for another decade or more of what's been served up to start this season.

wheres the guy who defended the owner and gm? going on and on about how money doesn't mean wins? the chickens have come home to roost..your correct in assessment..how they have fallen in past couple years..definitely one of worst teams in mlb.whats pathetic..even with no injuries and suspenions and visa issues they would still suck ass. this team is practically unwatchable. winning a series is next to impossible let alone a division.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 1:38 am 

We have the makings of a full blow shit show of epic proportions here boys 8-)

I cannot see how Hurdle can be retained going forward with Tommy Prince entrenched now as the bench coach with his "boys" Cora and Bartee on the bags.

The skipper is handcuffed to very unappealing degree there in doubt but there is also no doubt that he has lost the ability to properly handle the club in the room and on the field. There must be accountability that exists from the top down for a club to win in the show.

22 is a shadow of his former self and I see no signs of him turning any type of corner at the dish.

Sending Trevor Williams back out to the bump in the launch pad that is Citi Field in the desert air is truly a massive blunder from this perspective.

Shitty Stuff Abounds All Around for the Buccos

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 2:08 am 

Bam, my good friend, the chickens are indeed coming home to roost. You ultimately do get that for which you pay. You and I have lived long enough to witness other billionaire owners who buy sports franchises because they have a passion for building a dynasty. They want to hoist multiple trophies. They've made their $. They wouldn't spend that $ in 9 lifetimes if they were cats. They continue making $ from their primary business ventures -- more than enough to pay for the luxury that is their baby (their team). These owners are content to break-even or even lose a few million that their primary business ventures will recover. These owners just want to compete with other billionaires to see who can build the next dynasty. Fans of such owners are blessed.

Ask yourself this question -- if the Pirates are such a hamstrung franchise that they can't generate enough revenue to put a competitive team (= competing for a championship) on the field, why doesn't their owner just sell the team and take his capital gains to the bank? Maybe he's figured out that you don't need to win to make $ when fans are willing to subsidize failure.

In my lifetime I have to say that the best Pittsburgh sportsman is the great Mario Lemieux. Mario is not to my knowledge a billionaire, but Mario is a Pittsburgh native now who has intense pride in his Penguins. Mario year-in and year-out gives his fan base maximum value for their entertainment $. Mario's teams won't always win a cup but it isn't for lack of funding. Mario and his fellow owner(s) will make changes (fire the GM, fire the head coach, trade players, etc.) they deem necessary to WIN, not just to make a few more bucks. I sincerely hope that Mario doesn't someday come to realize that there are fans out there who willingly will part with good money that they worked hard to earn to subsidize a losing team year, after year, after year..... Then again, I think Mario has too much pride to comport himself on that level. Mario is, has been, and always will be about winning.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 7:32 am 

The team is a total abortion. So bad I don't even bother watching.