It is currently Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 6 5-8-17
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 1:32 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
I can't help but think that the entire momentum or dynamic of the series changed with the Crosby hit. I sincerely believe had that not happened, they would have already advanced winning in five or six at most.

They are playing scared. Now the caps are in the pens heads. They are playing sloppy, slow, and timid.

I stopped watching after goal 4. Not looking good, fellas. I don't expect a blow out, but it's a toss up in my mind as to who wins.

I don't believe this.

I believe the Penguins have been playing this way the entire playoffs, except they have managed to get some quick strike offense in almost every game they've won to be able to play with a lead.

But they've been dominated in play almost every game...Columbus included.

It wasn't a sudden turn for the worst...it was a slow decline in already weak play that is now exacerbated with so many people hurt.

I'm not counting them out in Game 7, but I'm certainly not going in with any expectations that they will win it.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:31 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
I can't help but think that the entire momentum or dynamic of the series changed with the Crosby hit. I sincerely believe had that not happened, they would have already advanced winning in five or six at most.

They are playing scared. Now the caps are in the pens heads. They are playing sloppy, slow, and timid.

I stopped watching after goal 4. Not looking good, fellas. I don't expect a blow out, but it's a toss up in my mind as to who wins.

I don't believe this.

I believe the Penguins have been playing this way the entire playoffs, except they have managed to get some quick strike offense in almost every game they've won to be able to play with a lead.

It wasn't a sudden turn for the worst...it was a slow decline in already weak play that is now exacerbated with so many people hurt.

I'm not counting them out in Game 7, but I'm certainly not going in with any expectations that they will win it.
I don't deny the pens have been outplayed. Not only this series but the one before as well. The dynamic was more of an emotional and psychological one. The caps have been out shooting the pens and outplaying them hands down, but still lost. That game changed the mindset, and emotional approach to the game. The caps realized they actually can beat the pens, and have the firepower to do so. Before, they were exasperated, frustrated, and just shocked at the outcomes of games. Not so much anymore.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:53 pm 

The shit looks bleak, but I'll believe in this group right up until the moment the final horn sounds and they're on the wrong side of the scoreboard.

Fuck the Caps.

Let's do this.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 4:37 pm 

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
The shit looks bleak, but I'll believe in this group right up until the moment the final horn sounds and they're on the wrong side of the scoreboard.

Fuck the Caps.

Let's do this.

This is the right mindset. Wish I could get there, maybe by gametime tomorrow.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 5:00 pm 

JJT wrote:
Louis Lipps Service wrote:

Fuck the Caps.

Let's do this.

This is the right mindset. Wish I could get there, maybe by gametime tomorrow.

I don't think you're gonna get there JTT.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 6:49 pm 

Ovi will be on the 3rd line again and it seems to be working. We are totally confused on defense.
We need to score first and pray.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:01 pm 

game 7 lines:

https://www.nhl.com/news/pittsburgh-pen ... =280202750

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:32 pm 

Guys, if the 93 Pens can lose to David fuckin Volek, we can beat the Caps tomorrow. Hockey is a game of bounces, especially in a game seven. Am I going to bet the house on it? Hell no. I would give us maybe a 33 percent chance given how this series has gone. But Sid or Geno make a big play early and get our MoJo going, and all bets are off. Our D looks like they need some liquid courage before the game, beer league style.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:11 am 

Me in front of the TV tonight:

Actually it'll be more like this:

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:21 am 

Jeemie wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:

I don't believe this.

But there's some truth to what he's saying. Crosby being limited (he doesn't look right to me), kills our ability to counterattack successfully. The Pens have basically lived on the PP and the counter this playoffs (much much different than last year where we suffocated teams on every inch of the ice).

I don't think the Pens would have won last game, but if they score at least ONCE on the PP maybe the Caps start to pucker and the game goes slightly different...maybe OT

Basically it again comes down to special teams and goaltending- cliche but true...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next