Post subject: Game 32: Pirates at Dodgers
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 5:15 am 

At Dodger Stadium
Game time: 10:10PM ET
Probable starters:
PIT: Trevor Williams (1-1, 5.40 ERA)
LAD: TBD

Quote:
Moving out of the bullpen and into the rotation to replace the injured Jameson Taillon, Trevor Williams was given one piece of advice by the Pirates heading into Monday's series opener against the Dodgers.

"We told him to go out there and hunt outs," manager Clint Hurdle said, "and see how far that takes him."

Williams began the season in Pittsburgh's bullpen, but he was considered the club's sixth starter. Taillon's groin discomfort forced the Pirates to test their depth. Williams hasn't been stretched out as a starter since Spring Training, so he may only be available to throw about 80 pitches in his second big league start. Williams received word Saturday that he would be starting at Dodger Stadium.

"It's been a while. I'm going to give whatever I've got and try to treat it as I'm getting a save per inning," Williams said. "Hopefully I get the team to the sixth. I'm going to do my best and give it everything I've got."

After being rained out at Petco Park on Sunday, the Dodgers were still deliberating their rotation options. They could push back right-hander Brandon McCarthy, Sunday's scheduled starter, or give the ball to left-hander Alex Wood. McCarthy was already pushed back a day after sustaining an unspecified injury to his non-pitching shoulder on Wednesday.

Things to know about this game

• Williams has put together a 5.40 ERA in 11 2/3 innings over six relief appearances this season. He threw two innings Wednesday, coincidentally following Taillon in Cincinnati, and threw a bullpen session Saturday to prepare for his start. The San Diego native has been to Dodger Stadium, but never pitched there, and he expects to have family in attendance for the game.

• Cody Bellinger has five homers and 14 RBIs through his first 11 games in the Majors. Adjusting to big league fastballs has been no problem for Bellinger, who has swung at 57 percent of the four-seamers, two-seamers and sinkers he's seen. All those reps for Bellinger's swing against opposing heat are paying off, as the young slugger's 1.095 slugging percentage against those three types of fastballs ranks second during the time since his April 25 debut, behind the Mets' Jay Bruce.

• Sunday's rain delay may be a good thing for Dodgers outfielder Franklin Gutierrez, who left Saturday night with hamstring and hip tightness only four days after coming off the DL with a hamstring strain.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/201705072 ... _pk=490579

BEAT 'EM BUCS!!!

Post subject: Re: Game 32: Pirates at Dodgers
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 10:41 pm 

LOL

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 10:42 pm 

In honor of the Pens shitshow, the Bad News Buccos laughingly spot the Dodgers a 6-0 first inning lead! :lol:

I'm no Clint Hurdle fan, but I kinda feel bad for him. He looks like the helpless captain of a sinking ship.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:00 pm 

This may in fact be a regression back to the sad days of the Buccos that we all endured as real supporters of the club.

This season went to hell in a hand basket when Marte came up dirty and the Kang ran into the extended delay on his VISA.

The blow to the staff and team with the news about Taillon that came to light this afternoon might well sink the ship for 2017.

Moroff is a dude I like ALOT. He can help us and it might be a chance for us actually examine some of the youngsters and what they can do.

(Frazier, Osuna, Moroff.)

Greg Polanco has been a complete and utter disappointment. He needs to grow up and get a clue as to what it takes to be an everyday starter in the show. He is one sick looking Giraffe as it stands today on 5/8.

Roughly 20 percent of the season is in the books and you are never out of it yet - but this appears to be an ominous summer of beisbol in the Burgh. Hard to imagine what else could possibly go more wrong.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:18 pm 

We all are entitled to our well intended and respected opinions.
IMHO, the Pirates probably were close to a .500 team with Kang/Marte/Taillon healthy and available this season,
Without them they are a bad team. I'm being generous when I say bad.

No power, poor hitting for average, poor base running, poor fundamentals execution, predictable mismanagement, etc. I left out poor pitching because I hope that all these wunderkind arms that have been stockpiled can produce 4 decent starters to go with Nova.

What I fully expect is the FO to focus on player's absences as an excuse to justify losing baseball. The FO will not tell you about an owner who refuses to go all into his own wallet. The FO will not tell you about a GM who lacks imagination (some might say testicles) to pull the trigger on a move to go all in.

By mid season the "wunderkinds" will start being brought up -- for experience you know. The real reason will be to further gut the payroll to compensate for declining attendance exacerbated by the aforementioned owner and GM running the FO.

Trust me when I say the Pens have no bigger fans right now than the Bucs because if the Pens lose on Wednesday night everyone will have more time to focus on the Bucs.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 4:54 am 

Sets up great excuse to get rid of Cutch, Watson, etc...

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:02 am 

clinging to last place..