It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Pens vs Caps Game 5 5-6-17
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 1:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:04 pm
Posts: 1899
Crosby is a game time decision. So far in the postseason that means the player has played.

There were no lines given but half the team didn't partake in the morning skate.


Here is a tidbit from the NHL site:

Quote:
*Both Crosby and Sheary past their baseline tests and will be game-time decision for tonight.


SMH

_________________
Black holes have no hair.
https://twitter.com/sinceflyerscup?lang=en


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 5 5-6-17
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 6:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:28 am
Posts: 326
He is playing. But have to be honest, if I was the coach he would be on the bench.

Caps will be head hunting, and one more hit and he is done for the year.

I would save him for game 6.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 5 5-6-17
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 6:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 19749
JJT wrote:
He is playing. But have to be honest, if I was the coach he would be on the bench.

Caps will be head hunting, and one more hit and he is done for the year.

I would save him for game 6.


Play him now so as to increase the odds there IS no game 6 (where the Caps would be headhunting anyway...two more days won't make Crosby any less susceptible to that).

_________________
Bill Walsh: “Your ability to make good judgments is much easier on Thursday night than during the heat of the game."

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 5 5-6-17
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 7:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:04 pm
Posts: 1899
It looks like he is.

The doctors cleared it and the coaches did as well. Also, Crosby with all his concussion issues knows when he is ready to return from one.

I don't think you see the Caps going for head shots but they will come out and will be physical.

I believe the Pens out hit the Caps game 5 which was the first time in the series.


And in New York they are screaming conspiracy at the NHL brass about right now.

_________________
Black holes have no hair.
https://twitter.com/sinceflyerscup?lang=en


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 5 5-6-17
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 7:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:28 am
Posts: 326
Jeemie wrote:
JJT wrote:
He is playing. But have to be honest, if I was the coach he would be on the bench.

Caps will be head hunting, and one more hit and he is done for the year.

I would save him for game 6.


Play him now so as to increase the odds there IS no game 6 (where the Caps would be headhunting anyway...two more days won't make Crosby any less susceptible to that).


Yeah , I hear you. Guess I was hoping we could sit him and still win today. Which I know is unlikely.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 5 5-6-17
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 7:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 5602
fractalsteel wrote:
And in New York they are screaming conspiracy at the NHL brass about right now.

What's up here?

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 5 5-6-17
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 7:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:04 pm
Posts: 1899
You didn't see the end of the NY/Ottawa game this afternoon?
Ottawa pulled Anderson and scored at the end to send it to overtime. The Rangers then had the game winner called back because of a deflection above the cross bar and then Ottawa wins it but the play was so close to being off sides.

_________________
Black holes have no hair.
https://twitter.com/sinceflyerscup?lang=en


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 5 5-6-17
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 7:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 4673
Damn, Caps decided to be physical. Like Olivia Newton-John. Although I liked it better from her.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 5 5-6-17
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 7:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 5602
fractalsteel wrote:
You didn't see the end of the NY/Ottawa game this afternoon?
Ottawa pulled Anderson and scored at the end to send it to overtime. The Rangers then had the game winner called back because of a deflection above the cross bar and then Ottawa wins it but the play was so close to being off sides.

I was doing some stuff and saw parts of the game here and there. I did see Sens tie it at the end of regulation, and the game winner, but missed the disallowed goal.
I was curious about the potential offsides on the play myself. Funny, it took about 2.5 seconds for replay to confirm the call on the ice.

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 5 5-6-17
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 7:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:04 pm
Posts: 1899
Hagelin!!!

_________________
Black holes have no hair.
https://twitter.com/sinceflyerscup?lang=en


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group