It is currently Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Jackets Game 4 4-18-17
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:31 am 

Orangesteel wrote:
I just rewatched the 4th and 5th goals and man does MAF look terrible on those plays. Thats not how you stop those shots; how he takes himself so far out of the net on those stops is mind boggling.

He's completely lost his speed getting from post to post. Looks like the result is a last ditch effort to make an initial save but on the rebound he is totally fucked because he's a foot out of the crease. Bad mechanics and slow as molasses.

That's exactly his problem and has been his problem since the beginning- horrible mechanics. He relies on his athleticism but shooters nowadays are too good and they'll find holes when you start moving around

Get well soon, Matt Murray

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:18 am 

That was the Fleury last night that I thought we were going to see for most of the series. He usually plays better after a shit game or a bad one especially at home.
Lets be realistic-the Pens were not ready that first period. The fact that they were only down 2 at the end of 20 was nearly miraculous.

A couple of Pens took long stretches off last night. The first and foremost was Sheary.Don't know if he was hurting or if he thought it was going to be easy. He had nearly half a dozen TO's in his own end and in the neutral zone that led to breaks for the Jackets. His laziness hurt the top lines mojo.
Kessel was another that took the first period off. Malkin barked at him in the beginning of the second period when Kessel didn't hustle for the puck and it nearly cost the team. Kessel did play better after that.
Hainsey can be very steady back there but he guilty of turning the puck over way too often. I hope he cleans that up.

To me the Pens woke and got serious the second half of the game. They bring that Thursday night and this will be over.

Remember that the Pens have gotten to Bobrovsky every game in this series. I don't see that changing going forward.
I expect Crosby to put on a clinic next game much like he did against San Jose in game one of the finals last year where he was clearly the best player on the ice.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:13 am 

Good stuff Donnie and fractal. Bury these dudes at home and rest up for a few days.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:32 am 

fractalsteel wrote:
That was the Fleury last night that I thought we were going to see for most of the series. He usually plays better after a shit game or a bad one especially at home.
Lets be realistic-the Pens were not ready that first period. The fact that they were only down 2 at the end of 20 was nearly miraculous.

A couple of Pens took long stretches off last night. The first and foremost was Sheary.Don't know if he was hurting or if he thought it was going to be easy. He had nearly half a dozen TO's in his own end and in the neutral zone that led to breaks for the Jackets. His laziness hurt the top lines mojo.
Kessel was another that took the first period off. Malkin barked at him in the beginning of the second period when Kessel didn't hustle for the puck and it nearly cost the team. Kessel did play better after that.
Hainsey can be very steady back there but he guilty of turning the puck over way too often. I hope he cleans that up.

To me the Pens woke and got serious the second half of the game. They bring that Thursday night and this will be over.

Remember that the Pens have gotten to Bobrovsky every game in this series. I don't see that changing going forward.
I expect Crosby to put on a clinic next game much like he did against San Jose in game one of the finals last year where he was clearly the best player on the ice.
I'm no hockey expert, but I don't put this loss on Fleury. He might not have played great, but the rest of the team sauntered through the first period like it were practice. I agree, it should have been 5-0 after one.

But in my humble opinion, the first two games were won because of Fleury, not despite of him. I'm willing to cut him a break, but I do wish Murray were healthy.

Last edited by COR-TEN on Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:56 am 

COR-TEN wrote:
Fleury' s had three outstanding games. Bound to have an off night and you guys want to crucify him? The rest of the team was complacent and wasted the entire first period

I am of the opinion that we don't win the cup without Murray coming back healthy.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:06 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
fractalsteel wrote:

I'm no hockey expert, but I don't put this loss on Fleury. He might not have played great, but the rest of the team sauntered through the first period like it were practice. I agree, it should have been 5-0 after one.

But in my humble opinion, the first two games were won because of Fleury, not despite of him. I'm willing to cut him a break, but I do with Murray were healthy.

This is where I'm at.

The defensive intensity needs to pick up...especially in the first period...or it doesn't matter if Fleury or Murray is back there.

Yeah, MAF was bad on a couple of those goals, but he was out on an island for a lot of them as well, magnifying every mistake he made.

It wasn't like he was letting in soft goals from the perimeter.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:33 pm 

Fleury has been bad now for 2 games. He was not good in game 3, and he was worse in game 4. Can he reverse that trend? I sure as fuck hope so but odds are - based on his playoff history - he will not improve.

If he is as bad or worse in game 5 and the Pens lose, I strongly consider Jarry for game 6.

Get well soon, Matt Murray. We should all make that our sigs for the juju.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:07 pm 

if flower gives up quick ones again in 1st id pull hiss ass for jarry or what ever his name..fluery just not a playoff goalie! not anymore. if jarry plays I believe the team rallys behind him and plays stronger. like murray last year.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:41 am 

COR-TEN wrote:
fractalsteel wrote:

But in my humble opinion, the first two games were won because of Fleury, not despite of him. I'm willing to cut him a break, but I do wish Murray were healthy.

I can't say anyone that last game played well and the defense didn't do the goalie any favors. BUT, the goalie can help his team by kicking out safe rebounds and MAF has struggled with that the past 2 games. If you look at Murray's game vs MAFs, he absorbs shots better...freezes the puck so they get whistles and settles his teammates down so theres no running around.

That is what great goalies do: Holtby/Price/etc

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:48 am 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
If you look at Murray's game vs MAFs, he absorbs shots better...freezes the puck so they get whistles and settles his teammates down so theres no running around.

That is what great goalies do: Holtby/Price/etc

Watch Murray play and it's like listening to soothing music, Otis Redding Dock of the Bay. Fleury is like Slayer.

The greatest goalies are psychos. Stone cold.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7