steelerfury.com
http://steelerfury.com/forum/

Stupid Thing About Hockey...
http://steelerfury.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8579
Page 5 of 5

Author:  Donnie Brasco [ Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Stupid Thing About Hockey...

bam morris wrote:
ive always wondered why they insist on a black puck..why not hunter orange or green..shows up better for players and crowd.


That's actually a good question and one I never thought of.

When the game was invented, I'm sure they wanted something to contrast with the ice (white). Plus rubber is naturally black so why make an effort to change something like that?
But with it becoming a spectator and TV sport, maybe they should look into changing the color. Obviously whatever color they use, they'd have to ensure the teams playing did not have a similarly colored jersy

Author:  Nick79 [ Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Stupid Thing About Hockey...

Donnie Brasco wrote:
bam morris wrote:
ive always wondered why they insist on a black puck..why not hunter orange or green..shows up better for players and crowd.


That's actually a good question and one I never thought of.

When the game was invented, I'm sure they wanted something to contrast with the ice (white). Plus rubber is naturally black so why make an effort to change something like that?
But with it becoming a spectator and TV sport, maybe they should look into changing the color. Obviously whatever color they use, they'd have to ensure the teams playing did not have a similarly colored jersy


As fast as it comes, not sure a color change would matter much.

As far as jerseys, Pens wear black, others wear black, jerseys the same color as the puck is common now.

Author:  COR-TEN [ Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Stupid Thing About Hockey...

Donnie Brasco wrote:
bam morris wrote:
ive always wondered why they insist on a black puck..why not hunter orange or green..shows up better for players and crowd.


That's actually a good question and one I never thought of.

When the game was invented, I'm sure they wanted something to contrast with the ice (white). Plus rubber is naturally black so why make an effort to change something like that?
But with it becoming a spectator and TV sport, maybe they should look into changing the color. Obviously whatever color they use, they'd have to ensure the teams playing did not have a similarly colored jersy
When I was a kid and played street hockey, we used to use a bright orange puck. Hollow plastic. I think the intent was that the asphalt is black, so. . .

But some kid in our neighborhood played for peabody and weighed like 250-75 lbs and his slapshot was fierce. We switched to a whiffle ball for a while to slow it down.

What I don't get is why they don't have sensors in the ice, pipes, and puck, to determine goals or offsides.

Author:  BethlehemSteel [ Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Stupid Thing About Hockey...

since this is an open thread......

Blysma fired again!!!!

Author:  Ice [ Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Stupid Thing About Hockey...

BethlehemSteel wrote:
since this is an open thread......

Blysma fired again!!!!


Shame. Literally one season away from getting to his game.

Author:  bam morris [ Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Stupid Thing About Hockey...

COR-TEN wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:
bam morris wrote:
ive always wondered why they insist on a black puck..why not hunter orange or green..shows up better for players and crowd.


That's actually a good question and one I never thought of.

When the game was invented, I'm sure they wanted something to contrast with the ice (white). Plus rubber is naturally black so why make an effort to change something like that?
But with it becoming a spectator and TV sport, maybe they should look into changing the color. Obviously whatever color they use, they'd have to ensure the teams playing did not have a similarly colored jersy
When I was a kid and played street hockey, we used to use a bright orange puck. Hollow plastic. I think the intent was that the asphalt is black, so. . .

But some kid in our neighborhood played for peabody and weighed like 250-75 lbs and his slapshot was fierce. We switched to a whiffle ball for a while to slow it down.

What I don't get is why they don't have sensors in the ice, pipes, and puck, to determine goals or offsides.

agree on sensors..as for puck u could even have 2 tone puck..black and bright orange. certainly would benefit tv.. anyone rember the stupid graphics fox used with tails and such to follow puck on tv? horrible. lol

Author:  Nick79 [ Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Stupid Thing About Hockey...

BethlehemSteel wrote:
since this is an open thread......

Blysma fired again!!!!


Didn't give him much of a chance? Did they expect a miracle?

Author:  Donnie Brasco [ Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Stupid Thing About Hockey...

Nick79 wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:
since this is an open thread......

Blysma fired again!!!!


Didn't give him much of a chance? Did they expect a miracle?


Buffalo's roster was good enough for a WC spot, but the players don't like him (sound familiar?)

He's a bad coach who benefited from being at the right place with 2 generational players

Author:  Jobus Rum [ Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Stupid Thing About Hockey...

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Nick79 wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:
since this is an open thread......

Blysma fired again!!!!


Didn't give him much of a chance? Did they expect a miracle?


Buffalo's roster was good enough for a WC spot, but the players don't like him (sound familiar?)

He's a bad coach who benefited from being at the right place with 2 generational players

Yep...his 15 minutes...

Author:  Nick79 [ Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Stupid Thing About Hockey...

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Nick79 wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:
since this is an open thread......

Blysma fired again!!!!


Didn't give him much of a chance? Did they expect a miracle?


Buffalo's roster was good enough for a WC spot, but the players don't like him (sound familiar?)

He's a bad coach who benefited from being at the right place with 2 generational players


OK, I don't know anything about Buffalo. I assumed they where bad.

Page 5 of 5 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/