It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Pirates Off-season Roster - Strongest in Years
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:23 am 

Suwanee88 wrote:
I was just watching one of those games from the 79 WS recently.....Kent Tekulve coming in during the 7th inning and finishing the game....lol, how times have changed. Fun team to watch that year. Chuck Tanner could do no wrong with his platooning, etc. And that starting pitching staff was so damn good, fun fun team. Candelaria, Bibby, Blyleven, Kison - strong.

I'm kind of rooting for Cleveland now, if you can believe it.

Terry Francona went old school...had the audacity to use his best relievers when he actually...you know...NEEDED them...instead of slotting them for their innings.

It's why he's moving on and a guy Buck Showalter is sitting at home...again.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:54 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:
I was just watching one of those games from the 79 WS recently.....Kent Tekulve coming in during the 7th inning and finishing the game....lol, how times have changed. Fun team to watch that year. Chuck Tanner could do no wrong with his platooning, etc. And that starting pitching staff was so damn good, fun fun team. Candelaria, Bibby, Blyleven, Kison - strong.

I'm kind of rooting for Cleveland now, if you can believe it.

Terry Francona went old school...had the audacity to use his best relievers when he actually...you know...NEEDED them...instead of slotting them for their innings.

It's why he's moving on and a guy Buck Showalter is sitting at home...again.

Be interesting if Cubs vs. Indians. The two non-expansion teams that have gone the longest without a WS win. Cubs - 108 years. Indians - 68 years.

As for Tito, it was sweet revenge for him to sweep the Sox at Fenway. I don't ever recall seeing him as happy last night as he was his entire time in Boston.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:55 pm 

Trading the best starting pitcher on the team and one of the best trade assets (because they dont want to pay him) for 2 reliever prospects ( :lol: :lol: ) and a somewhat highly rated position prospects.

Can we say it boys?

Is it the strongest this roster has been in the offseason in years?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:35 pm 

Hacksaw Jim Duggan wrote:
Trading the best starting pitcher on the team and one of the best trade assets (because they dont want to pay him) for 2 reliever prospects ( :lol: :lol: ) and a somewhat highly rated position prospects.

Can we say it boys?

Is it the strongest this roster has been in the offseason in years?

I’m not sure about the roster, but this may possibly go down as the greatest trade in MLB history...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8