Post subject: Game 76: Padres vs. Pirates 6/23/2019
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:57 am 

At PNC Park
Game time: 1:35PM EDT
Probable starters:
SD: Joey Lucchesi (6-4 3.74 ERA)
PIT: Steven Brault (3-1 4.40 ERA)

#GONUTTINGSWALLET

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert

"I work in a bank." - Demetreus Gore

Post subject: Re: Game 76: Padres vs. Pirates 6/23/2019
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:29 pm 

Well these Buccos are going nowhere fast in the standings, and even during today's game I felt like a sucker at times for watching --- but damn, that turned out to be some entertaining baseball!

The pinch-hitting on this team has been incredible, and what a great at-bat by Newman to go from 0 and 2 to somehow holding up on swinging at ball 4 to literally walk it off in the 11th.

Raise that Roger, Jack!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:46 pm 

We had 'em all the way!

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert

"I work in a bank." - Demetreus Gore

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:51 pm 

gotta say this was a great winner. fun game; the die hards who stayed got a treat. tho out manned this group does battle!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:50 am 

franco>madden wrote:
Well these Buccos are going nowhere fast in the standings, and even during today's game I felt like a sucker at times for watching --- but damn, that turned out to be some entertaining baseball!

The pinch-hitting on this team has been incredible, and what a great at-bat by Newman to go from 0 and 2 to somehow holding up on swinging at ball 4 to literally walk it off in the 11th.

Raise that Roger, Jack!!

If ownership even had 5% of the heart and belief these rag tags have shown, the team might have gone somewhere.

Alas! This is what ownership hopes for...an undermanned team overachieving so they can sell it as a success.

For all these past four games...the team is still in last place.

Don't forget that.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:22 pm 

they should lock up Reynolds now with contract some way. tho they won't; bell too. I think id dump polanco for pitcher help. Frazier has regressed. Newman has impressed. and milky been very solid contributor. Jung ho; needs to start drinking or something to rally his ass. hard to ever believe in anything with this ownership. profits before winning ! its pathetic!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:56 am 

bam morris wrote:
they should lock up Reynolds now with contract some way. tho they won't; bell too. I think id dump polanco for pitcher help. Frazier has regressed. Newman has impressed. and milky been very solid contributor. Jung ho; needs to start drinking or something to rally his ass. hard to ever believe in anything with this ownership. profits before winning ! its pathetic!

Who said Jung Ho stopped drinking... :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:48 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
bam morris wrote:

Who said Jung Ho stopped drinking... :shock:

don't know; but what ever he doing he should switch ; dude can't get to Mendoza line for goodness sake. is he trying to hit homer every swing? dude was very good hitter pre dui world! I really liked the guy. he has pop in bat but hits are few and strikeouts are his norm. Reynolds is a hitting machine. perfect swing ! bell has cooled of a bit but still very good