Post subject: Game 61: Braves vs. Pirates 6/6/2019
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:12 am 

At PNC Park
Game time: 12:35PM EDT
Probable starters:
ATL: Mike Foltynewicz (1-4 6.10 ERA)
PIT: Chris Archer (2-5 5.66 ERA)

BEAT 'EM BUCS!!

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert

"I work in a bank." - Demetreus Gore

Post subject: Re: Game 61: Braves vs. Pirates 6/6/2019
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:44 pm 

We had 'em all the way!

and....

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:12 pm 

What's sad is that we're all watching Josh Bell reach superstardom and soon enough, we won't be able to afford to keep him.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:53 pm 

KC wrote:
What's sad is that we're all watching Josh Bell reach superstardom and soon enough, we won't be able to afford to keep him.

ya. seems archer warming up.
think of the draft pics and prospects bell can bring in on trade!! :P

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:03 pm 

KC wrote:

100% correct!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:51 pm 

KC wrote:

Will they really not be able to afford him, or will they choose not to be able to afford him... :? Hmmmm

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:50 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
KC wrote:

Will they really not be able to afford him, or will they choose not to be able to afford him... :? Hmmmm

Sadly, the Pirates can probably offer him one helluva contract.....which in comparison to what the Cardinals, Cubs, Red Sox and Yankees can offer Bell, will look like NOTHING.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:22 am 

KC wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
KC wrote:

Sadly, the Pirates can probably offer him one helluva contract.....which in comparison to what the Cardinals, Cubs, Red Sox and Yankees can offer Bell, will look like NOTHING.

Honestly... not really true. Pirates have Bell locked up for 3 more years beyond this one. He'll be a free agent in 2023 at age 30. He is turning into a great hitter, but he is a limited defensive player. Cardinals, Cubs, Red Sox and Yankees and other successful teams have gotten wise over the years. They don't hand out mega contracts to limited defensive players over the age of 30. Maybe you consider the Goldschmidt contract a mega contract. I don't. It is a big contract, but it is still a contract that the Pirates could theoretically afford. And although Goldschmidt is positionally limited, he is very very good at that position... a 3x gold glove winner. The Pirates should sign Bell now and get a few more years of control. $100 million/6 years would be more than fair. People balk at that like it would be unaffordable to the Pirates. Bull shit. This team is underspending what their payroll should be by 30-40 million. And they are also negotiating a new TV deal as we we speak. The only reason Bell can't be signed to a long term deal by the Pirates is they are owned by a cheap asshole, and they'd much rather deal a star than have to pay him.