steelerfury.com
http://steelerfury.com/forum/

We are all Blues now
http://steelerfury.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12192
Page 3 of 3

Author:  Orangesteel [ Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: We are all Blues now

FUUUUUCK BOSTON

Author:  Dan Smith--BYU [ Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: We are all Blues now

That's FAACK BASSTAN if you're a chowd

Author:  Ice [ Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: We are all Blues now

Swiss and Jack58 should have a fun day amongst the sad Massholes tomorrow. Good shit, St Louise.

Author:  stillthere [ Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: We are all Blues now

phew

Author:  Orangesteel [ Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: We are all Blues now

By record I’m pretty sure Blues were the worst team in the league into much of January. That’s a turn around of epic proportions. Legendary.

Author:  swissvale72 [ Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: We are all Blues now

Ice wrote:
Swiss and Jack58 should have a fun day amongst the sad Massholes tomorrow. Good shit, St Louise.


Yeah, it's kind of amusing!! :lol: :lol:

Author:  Ice [ Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: We are all Blues now

Orangesteel wrote:
By record I’m pretty sure Blues were the worst team in the league into much of January. That’s a turn around of epic proportions. Legendary.


They were. The last team I remember pulling something of that nature was, well, us. Our post-Bylsma run wasn't quite as numerically epic as the Blues', however.

Author:  Dan Smith--BYU [ Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: We are all Blues now

The Blues, Caps, Cavs, Astros, Cubs are all recent champions.

This might give the Chargers the wrong impression.

Author:  JackLambert58 [ Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:12 am ]
Post subject:  Re: We are all Blues now

Ice wrote:
Swiss and Jack58 should have a fun day amongst the sad Massholes tomorrow. Good shit, St Louise.


Of course, Thursday is my work from home day, but yeah, I've already posted it's been 10 years since Crosby and Malkin's first of three Stanley Cup victories.

Author:  Donnie Brasco [ Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: We are all Blues now

I called it after the first round: said St Louis has a major horseshoe firmly lodged up their asses

And Binnington...reminds me of MM: just does NOT have 2 bad games in a row

Author:  fractalsteel [ Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: We are all Blues now

Pabst wrote:
Binnington stood on his head in the 1st. That helped


Yes, he did-one of the best performances by a tender I have ever seen. The second goal was the backbreaker and the life in the building seemed to leave.

Binnington should have won the Conne Smythe award, he was the difference.
Seeing the Rat crying at the end was priceless.

Author:  Orangesteel [ Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: We are all Blues now

fractalsteel wrote:
Pabst wrote:
Binnington stood on his head in the 1st. That helped


Yes, he did-one of the best performances by a tender I have ever seen. The second goal was the backbreaker and the life in the building seemed to leave.

Binnington should have won the Conne Smythe award, he was the difference.
Seeing the Rat crying at the end was priceless.


The gif floating around the Internet right now of his terrible line change at the end of the first period that allowed Pietrangelo to walk in and score is going to sting the Rat forever. That is a change that I make in my beer league; no friggin way do you do that at the NHL level let alone game 7 of the SCF.

Fitting it was Marchand. Dude is an ass.

Author:  Pabst [ Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:48 am ]
Post subject:  Re: We are all Blues now

Orangesteel wrote:
fractalsteel wrote:
Pabst wrote:
Binnington stood on his head in the 1st. That helped


Yes, he did-one of the best performances by a tender I have ever seen. The second goal was the backbreaker and the life in the building seemed to leave.

Binnington should have won the Conne Smythe award, he was the difference.
Seeing the Rat crying at the end was priceless.


The gif floating around the Internet right now of his terrible line change at the end of the first period that allowed Pietrangelo to walk in and score is going to sting the Rat forever. That is a change that I make in my beer league; no friggin way do you do that at the NHL level let alone game 7 of the SCF.

Fitting it was Marchand. Dude is an ass.

Not to mention there was ~10 seconds left in the period when he did it.

Biggest story of the series was STL completely shutting down Boston's top line. Bergeron had 0 points at even strength and was a -4 for the series. Pastrnak and Marchand weren't much better.

Author:  fractalsteel [ Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: We are all Blues now

Marchand had been on the ice for nearly a minute when he made the blunder. He looked like he was caught in 'no man's land' to me. I believe he was out for another shift two minutes before that his last one. Probably was tired but it was no excuse for the imitation of a highway safety cone.

Bill Buckner curse.

Author:  Donnie Brasco [ Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: We are all Blues now

fractalsteel wrote:
Pabst wrote:
Binnington stood on his head in the 1st. That helped


Yes, he did-one of the best performances by a tender I have ever seen. The second goal was the backbreaker and the life in the building seemed to leave.

Binnington should have won the Conne Smythe award, he was the difference.
Seeing the Rat crying at the end was priceless.


Eh I think the Conn Smythe winner was appropriate. ROR was the most consistent guy throughout the playoffs, came through with key goals

Binnington was good no doubt, if you want to say he was player of the game for this last contest I agree. But he had too many "off nights" to be considered. The games the Blues lost, they lost really badly (some his fault, some not)

Author:  Donnie Brasco [ Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: We are all Blues now

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/heres- ... 55255.html

Author:  bam morris [ Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: We are all Blues now

binnington won this cup; they were worst in hockey till he came on board and Elliot benched! . they been winning ever since! crazy turn around. seems he really only addition made !
I bet he comes back to earth along with team next season.
definitely similar to Murray coming on to underachieving pens team and winning cup as rookie.

Author:  DrMalba [ Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: We are all Blues now

swissvale72 wrote:
Ice wrote:
Swiss and Jack58 should have a fun day amongst the sad Massholes tomorrow. Good shit, St Louise.


Yeah, it's kind of amusing!! :lol: :lol:


No triple crown this year. And with the Sox wallowing in mediocrity the smug alert has been mercifully rescinded for a few months.

Page 3 of 3 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/