It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Canes Win!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:42 pm 

Double OT win, great game!

Tale of two teams. I can’t think of a dirtier team than Washington - one of the most unlikeable teams In NHL history led by the filthy fuck Wilson, that fat piece of shit owner and their whining fans. Hard to see a good dude like Hagelin on that team.

They go out in the first as the champs - they deserve it!

Canes are fun to watch.

Post subject: Re: Canes Win!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:06 am 

That was a slog. Both teams looked totally beat. Great play by the grizzled vet Williams to just throw it towards the net: kinda knew it was going to be won on a goal like that.

Caps actually got more unlikeable after their Cup run. I don’t know what it is about the personalities on that team but they are brutal. They probably feel the same way about the Pens, so whateves.

Is it me or did both of these teams look dreadfully slow compared to the rest of the bunch left in the playoffs? CBJ and NYI have to be licking their chops as both of their opponents’ series went to 7 games.

I think I’m all western conference now. Dallas would be cool to see win, so would the Avalanche. I’ll say this, with the CRAPS, Tampa and Pens gone, the best line left in the playoffs might just be the McKinnon - Rantanen - Landeskog line. Those guys are playing at a ridiculous level.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:35 am 

Looks like Ovi’s remote controller was disconnected on that last play. Fuck him. And Orpik too.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:20 am 

Orangesteel wrote:
Caps actually got more unlikeable after their Cup run. I don’t know what it is about the personalities on that team but they are brutal. They probably feel the same way about the Pens, so whateves.

I live in DC and know some good people that are caps fans and real hockey fans but most of the fan base are April hockey fans. Caps are the best thing the city has going followed by DC United. Skins are still the kings of fan pyramid but they have been so bad since 92. Caps fans always telling me that the Pens suck and if it were not for the refs we would not be shit blah blah blah. They were so bitter until last year. Even last week after we got eliminated the team the fans talked about was Pittsburgh. They live in the heads of the entire caps fan base rent free. I was very happy to see them go down to Carolina.

I kinda want to see Trotz win the cup with the Isles now just to rub in their collective faces. You have a team that cannot get over the hump in 40 years and you finally climb the mountain and get a cup and you get into a contract dispute with the one guy that got you a championship. Fucking idiotic. The team did party their asses off with the cup all over the city when they got it last summer. That was neat because the cup would just show up at bars all over the city. Now I hope they become the Browns of the last 20 years in the NHL.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:49 am 

man; staying up to watch them lose was great; if they won id be pissed I stayed awake. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:00 am 

I was jumping up and down like a beast when they lost. I thought I was going to wake up the kids. Thank goodness my wife worked last night, cause she would have been giving me hell!

Thank God the ball-washing of Ovi is over! Damn they like to suck his dick!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:50 am 

Now that Nashville and DC are out may the best team remaining claim the cup. I can watch the rest of the playoffs in peace now.

Caps 2-6 in game 7's at home recently.

Just wow.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:06 am 

I get the notion that we don't like the Caps (although, if I'm honest with myself, I actually gained some respect for everyone on that team with a name that doesn't rhyme with "Pilson" after they won it last year), but them losing actually makes me feel worse about the Pens bowing out.

I mean, there is no one left that is even remotely unbeatable. Some are better matchups than others, of course, but this has to be worst the playoff field has looked after the first round in a loooooong time. I saw a stat today that this is the first time since the 1967 expansion that not a single division winner made it to the second round. That's unreal.

And I know the counter argument of "Pens couldn't win a single a game against NY, how were they supposed to beat 3 more teams". I get that. But let's not forget that Trotz has turned into the Belicheck to Sully's Tomlin, either.

At the end of the day, I'm an eternal optimist, and I'd have loved to see what we could have done against the remaining field.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:36 am 

I'd be happy to see Boston get bounced next. 11 titles for that city since 2000....they don't need another trophy. And fuck Brad Marchand.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:51 am 

Pabst wrote:
I'd be happy to see Boston get bounced next. 11 titles for that city since 2000....they don't need another trophy. And fuck Brad Marchand.

My name is Steel Drummer and I endorse this post.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:00 am 

Pabst wrote:

This.

CBJ is either possessed and they are going to win it all, or they are going to come back down to earth.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:56 am 

The NHL is the loser now. No real big market teams left(maybe the Islanders to a degree) and it's two most marketable players bounced after the first round.

Will the casual fan tune in to watch St Louis/Dallas or Canes/Islanders?
I'll wager they won't.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:10 pm 

fractalsteel wrote:
The NHL is the loser now. No real big market teams left(maybe the Islanders to a degree) and it's two most marketable players bounced after the first round.

Will the casual fan tune in to watch St Louis/Dallas or Canes/Islanders?
I'll wager they won't.

I'd consider Boston a big market. And if we were talking about anything but hockey Dallas would qualify as well.

The Blues/Jets series was a snoozefest, and I doubt Blues/Stars will be any better.

I'd love to watch the Avs & Sharks. Shame it'll be on so late.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:13 pm 

Pabst wrote:

good point; I forget I hate them too. :D