It is currently Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Pens vs Sens 2/1 @7:00 PM
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:35 am 

Letang was straight up terr-i-ble tonight, and they still crushed the Sens.

The new guys were very intriguing tonight but, honest, it's Teddy Blueger that has me the most jazzed. Blueger was tremendous in this game, at both ends of the ice. Perfect 3rd/4th line guy.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:53 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
You truly do learn something every day.

I had no idea Tim Horton played for the Pens!

You didn't know that, B2B? I was at the Arena for Game #4 of the '72 first round playoffs vs. Chicago. Tim Horton put the puck into his own net at about 9 seconds of OT to end the Pens season. I was in a lower section right behind one of the nets...never forget seeing two Bobby Hull slappers finding the back of the net right in front of me.

That was a miraculous Penguins season though, just to make the playoffs. Saturday night, next to last game of season, Pens tied the Flyers wit a Greg Polis goal in the final minutes. Next night, Sabres pull their goalie in a tie game with the Flyers, score on a slapper from around the blue line with about 10 seconds left in the game to put the Penguins in the playoffs.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:30 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

You didn't know that, B2B? I was at the Arena for Game #4 of the '72 first round playoffs vs. Chicago. Tim Horton put the puck into his own net at about 9 seconds of OT to end the Pens season. I was in a lower section right behind one of the nets...never forget seeing two Bobby Hull slappers finding the back of the net right in front of me.

That was a miraculous Penguins season though, just to make the playoffs. Saturday night, next to last game of season, Pens tied the Flyers wit a Greg Polis goal in the final minutes. Next night, Sabres pull their goalie in a tie game with the Flyers, score on a slapper from around the blue line with about 10 seconds left in the game to put the Penguins in the playoffs.

lol; I remember back to these days listening to pens on radio trying to picture the action. not like today and u can watch tons of games. you rarely got to see a pens game pm the tube.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:17 pm 

bam morris wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

lol; I remember back to these days listening to pens on radio trying to picture the action. not like today and u can watch tons of games. you rarely got to see a pens game pm the tube.

The Gunner, Bob Prince, on announcing/listening to hockey on radio...."We got the puck, they got the puck, we got the puck, they got the puck.""