It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Penguins Offseason Thread 2018
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:18 pm 

https://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/ ... ed/1/94158

I doubt this happens, because Letang is still here, but it would make for some power play.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:12 am 

Bling Collector Ben wrote:
https://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Rumor-Karlsson-to-Pitt-Kessel-Heading-to-Vegas-e3--Chart-Fully-Updated/1/94158

I doubt this happens, because Letang is still here, but it would make for some power play.

I'm not seeing that rumor so much as even hinted at literally anywhere else. So I'd say that's pretty bogus.

But if it were true, I think I'd have to see who was was involved in it before making a determination.

I think Karlsson is overrated, but he's still good enough to improve our defensive and puck moving capabilities. Which is a good thing as I'm not convinced Jack Johnson is going to improve our defense enough all by himself, and especially if Letang doesn't rebound off an abysmal year.

However, losing The Thrill would be a pretty big hit to our offense. Roster-wise, if they move Brassard to wing like they've indicated they will and do some shuffling, maybe it works, but I think that's a huge, huge gamble. You don't know if Brassard works at wing and he was never a particularly prolific scorer anyways. Although that does make Sprong moving up a little more culpable as you don't have to juggle two defensive liabilities.

My final answer....blah.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:38 am 

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
https://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Rumor-Karlsson-to-Pitt-Kessel-Heading-to-Vegas-e3--Chart-Fully-Updated/1/94158

I'm not seeing that rumor so much as even hinted at literally anywhere else. So I'd say that's pretty bogus.

But if it were true, I think I'd have to see who was was involved in it before making a determination.

I think Karlsson is overrated, but he's still good enough to improve our defensive and puck moving capabilities. Which is a good thing as I'm not convinced Jack Johnson is going to improve our defense enough all by himself, and especially if Letang doesn't rebound off an abysmal year.

However, losing The Thrill would be a pretty big hit to our offense. Roster-wise, if they move Brassard to wing like they've indicated they will and do some shuffling, maybe it works, but I think that's a huge, huge gamble. You don't know if Brassard works at wing and he was never a particularly prolific scorer anyways. Although that does make Sprong moving up a little more culpable as you don't have to juggle two defensive liabilities.

My final answer....blah.

Agree that I don't put much stock in this rumor

But I think Sully hates Phil, not surprising since most coaches don't like guys who coast. But Phil has proven he turns it on when the chips are down. JR maybe feels compelled to make is coach happy? Idk trading Phil would be monumentally stupid, dude produces

I think Letang could be traded, but not for Karlsson. If Letang goes it'd be for a lower level Dman...a #2 guy and then a decent F

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:24 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:

My final answer....blah.

Agree that I don't put much stock in this rumor

But I think Sully hates Phil, not surprising since most coaches don't like guys who coast. But Phil has proven he turns it on when the chips are down. JR maybe feels compelled to make is coach happy? Idk trading Phil would be monumentally stupid, dude produces

I think Letang could be traded, but not for Karlsson. If Letang goes it'd be for a lower level Dman...a #2 guy and then a decent F

I don't see it happening. Remember that not only did Letang disappoint last year but Schultz's numbers and play were down compared to the year before. I think the brain trust is going to give them another year to rebound and see if Johnson improves the blue line.

If JR moves Kessel because Sully hates him, IMO that would be unwise, very much so. Then again if Sprong is on the big club this year(and JR said it is likely) that makes two players that Sully has little use for. Could be very interesting season.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:32 pm 

I think Karlsson is overrated

Does not compute.

Outside of Sid, McDavid, and maybe Geno, there is no one better. He is incomparable in this regard as a defensemen. It's by a lot.

There wasn't a better player in this series. On 1 foot.

https://youtu.be/0jVGR7cljUI?t=456

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:44 pm 

Jeff Skinner traded for a bag of pucks. Shame the Penguins didn't get in on that.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:57 pm 

Hacksaw Jim Duggan wrote:
Jeff Skinner traded for a bag of pucks. Shame the Penguins didn't get in on that.

Carolina didn't get shit back, but they did get Pu.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:43 am 

Yea but it would have been difficult to fit Skinner under the cap. Car seemed to not be interested in getting a player/contract back. Weird trade but guess they're still a budget team

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:42 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:

Yea but it would have been difficult to fit Skinner under the cap. Car seemed to not be interested in getting a player/contract back. Weird trade but guess they're still a budget team

From what I heard after the fact is he wanted to be close to home in Canada, and Buffalo I guess was close enough. Apparently he's already working on an extension with them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10