It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Eastern Conference Finals
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 9:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:55 pm
Posts: 1740
DrMalba wrote:
Tampa has clearly been the better team on the ice tonight, yet they are down two goals.
Where have I seen this script before...



I have absolutely no explanation...and definitely no defense...for it, but I'm finding myself kind of rooting for the Caps.

Only thing I can figure out is that watching Fleury play the Caps would make me that much more invested in it than if it was just Fleury against a Tampa team that I couldn't really care less about.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eastern Conference Finals
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 9:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:18 pm
Posts: 10479
tampa the choking dogs tonight so far..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eastern Conference Finals
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 9:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23270
DrMalba wrote:
Tampa has clearly been the better team on the ice tonight, yet they are down two goals.
Where have I seen this script before...


Looking like two times in three years that Tampa gets up in the conference finals 3-2 and then blows it.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eastern Conference Finals
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 9:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:31 pm
Posts: 1091
I don't think either of these teams has enough to beat Vegas. Think Fluery is going to play lights out and tell Ovie to go fuck himself - again! One thing for sure is that Tom Wilson is going to meet Ryan Reaves and will undoubtedly pussy out!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eastern Conference Finals
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23270
alancac98 wrote:
I don't think either of these teams has enough to beat Vegas. Think Fluery is going to play lights out and tell Ovie to go fuck himself - again! One thing for sure is that Tom Wilson is going to meet Ryan Reaves and will undoubtedly pussy out!


If Reaves plays.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eastern Conference Finals
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:17 pm
Posts: 1387
And that's all she wrote !!!!

_________________
Zeke5123 wrote:
if I flip a coin 100 times and it always comes up heads, I might change my estimation on whether it is a fair coin.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eastern Conference Finals
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:31 pm
Posts: 1091
Jeemie wrote:
alancac98 wrote:
I don't think either of these teams has enough to beat Vegas. Think Fluery is going to play lights out and tell Ovie to go fuck himself - again! One thing for sure is that Tom Wilson is going to meet Ryan Reaves and will undoubtedly pussy out!


If Reaves plays.


Reaves will play to offset the hard hitting dirty style Washington plays with. They played Reaves against the Jets and he played very well on the 4th line. Vegas 4th line played against the Jets 1st and 2nd line at times. They will move Reaves around to hit the Caps players and negate Wilson. Wilson's a big guy, but he can't take Reaves right hand.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eastern Conference Finals
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:18 pm
Posts: 10479
that blew..fuck the caps..go vegas..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eastern Conference Finals
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:12 pm
Posts: 1751
I'm happy for Ovie. I like the guy, and he's been huge this postseason.

Very intrigued by these finals. Game 7 of the Pens v craps series last year is the game where I fully forgave MAF for all his past playoff fuckups. He was huge. Now the craps have a chance at revenge in the finals, and Flower may be playing his best hockey ever.

Hockey is the best.

_________________
Get well soon, Matt Murray


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eastern Conference Finals
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:31 pm
Posts: 1091
bam morris wrote:
that blew..fuck the caps..go vegas..


x1000. The Caps are a bunch of assholes and goons. Hope Vegas rolls over them 4-0. I fucking threw up in my mouth just knowing those assholes are going on for the cup. I hate them in almost as much as I hate the Flyers (by the thickness of c*nt hair). If their plane would happen to go down, the first round at my local bar is on me! Did I mention how much I hate the Caps?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eastern Conference Finals
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:17 pm
Posts: 1387
No doubt George McPhee was a good GM for the Caps. He drafted many of these players on Washington, including Ovie, Backstrom, Carlson, Holtby, Orlov, Kuznetzov, even Pittsburgh's native son Tom Wilson.
To think the same GM largely put both of these teams together in the finals is nuts.

_________________
Zeke5123 wrote:
if I flip a coin 100 times and it always comes up heads, I might change my estimation on whether it is a fair coin.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eastern Conference Finals
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:50 pm
Posts: 4453
DrMalba wrote:
No doubt George McPhee was a good GM for the Caps. He drafted many of these players on Washington, including Ovie, Backstrom, Carlson, Holtby, Orlov, Kuznetzov, even Pittsburgh's native son Tom Wilson.
To think the same GM largely put both of these teams together in the finals is nuts.

Fuck the Caps- they are a dirty team


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eastern Conference Finals
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:17 pm
Posts: 1387
Suwanee88 wrote:
Fuck the Caps- they are a dirty team


You and I see the game differently.. I think they should take the freeze frame where Tom Wilson's fist is connecting with Braydon Coburn's face, bronze it, and put on the front door or the NHL Corporate offices.

_________________
Zeke5123 wrote:
if I flip a coin 100 times and it always comes up heads, I might change my estimation on whether it is a fair coin.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eastern Conference Finals
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:31 pm
Posts: 1091
DrMalba wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:
Fuck the Caps- they are a dirty team


You and I see the game differently.. I think they should take the freeze frame where Tom Wilson's fist is connecting with Braydon Coburn's face, bronze it, and put on the front door or the NHL Corporate offices.


If Wilson tries his hand at Reaves, it will make a great picture of his face being hit. Wilson is a scum bag thug. His only intent is to injured so I just can't get behind your thinking here. If he would clean up his dirty hits, he could find a little respect.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eastern Conference Finals
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 4426
Suwanee88 wrote:
DrMalba wrote:
No doubt George McPhee was a good GM for the Caps. He drafted many of these players on Washington, including Ovie, Backstrom, Carlson, Holtby, Orlov, Kuznetzov, even Pittsburgh's native son Tom Wilson.
To think the same GM largely put both of these teams together in the finals is nuts.

Fuck the Caps- they are a dirty team


Outside of Tom Wilson (and sometimes Orpik), eh I can't agree with this

They are a skilled team...so is Vegas. We should rejoice that truly dirty teams like Cbus and Winnipeg and Nashville aren't advancing


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eastern Conference Finals
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:50 pm
Posts: 4453
DrMalba wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:
Fuck the Caps- they are a dirty team


You and I see the game differently.. I think they should take the freeze frame where Tom Wilson's fist is connecting with Braydon Coburn's face, bronze it, and put on the front door or the NHL Corporate offices.

Bull Fucking Shit - a despicable team, coach and fan base- as bad as Filthy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eastern Conference Finals
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:50 pm
Posts: 4453
Donnie Brasco wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:
DrMalba wrote:
No doubt George McPhee was a good GM for the Caps. He drafted many of these players on Washington, including Ovie, Backstrom, Carlson, Holtby, Orlov, Kuznetzov, even Pittsburgh's native son Tom Wilson.
To think the same GM largely put both of these teams together in the finals is nuts.

Fuck the Caps- they are a dirty team


Outside of Tom Wilson (and sometimes Orpik), eh I can't agree with this

They are a skilled team...so is Vegas. We should rejoice that truly dirty teams like Cbus and Winnipeg and Nashville aren't advancing

Sure -


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eastern Conference Finals
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:04 pm
Posts: 2839
I think Tampa was overrated even though I picked them in 6. The Caps pushed play almost the entire series and were able to survive when Tampa rose to the occasion.
I don't see the Caps as a dirty team outside of Wilson either. They picked up the physical aspect of the game during these playoffs and rode some great play by Holtby, Ovie and Kutzie to name a few.

Even if you hate them be honest, the Caps were the better team in the East this past Spring. I know some of you won't admit to such but you are only kidding yourselves.

That said I think the Caps in 7 but I'll be rooting for Vegas for sure.

_________________
Zone Blitz - Steelers Football Discussion
Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers (Off topic threads not permitted and this forum will be strictly moderated. Threads containing political, religious or racial remarks won't be tolerated.)
Yeah, right.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eastern Conference Finals
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 4426
fractalsteel wrote:
I think Tampa was overrated even though I picked them in 6. The Caps pushed play almost the entire series and were able to survive when Tampa rose to the occasion.
I don't see the Caps as a dirty team outside of Wilson either. They picked up the physical aspect of the game during these playoffs and rode some great play by Holtby, Ovie and Kutzie to name a few.

Even if you hate them be honest, the Caps were the better team in the East this past Spring. I know some of you won't admit to such but you are only kidding yourselves.

That said I think the Caps in 7 but I'll be rooting for Vegas for sure.


That McCurdy dude had the Caps as the East Favorite before the playoffs started. He's either Nostradamus or he's got some models that are pretty fucking good
Unsure what exactly he saw in Washington but it was right. Truth be told Caps were better than us last year and if not for MAF, there's no repeat.

https://twitter.com/IneffectiveMath?ref ... r%5Eauthor


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eastern Conference Finals
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16332
Can someone explain to me how Wilson's hit on Kunitz that led to the first goal... how is that not interference?

Wilson came in to light Kunitz up before Kunitz played the puck. The fact that the puck grazed Wilson's stick after was irrelevant... isn't it?

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eastern Conference Finals
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 1:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 4426
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Can someone explain to me how Wilson's hit on Kunitz that led to the first goal... how is that not interference?

Wilson came in to light Kunitz up before Kunitz played the puck. The fact that the puck grazed Wilson's stick after was irrelevant... isn't it?


You're funny. Thinking any kind of interference penalty is going to be called in a Game 7


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eastern Conference Finals
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 1:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:04 pm
Posts: 2839
I thought of it as a rub play. That might get called in March but not late May.

Maybe the refs thought Kunitz took a dive and decided that they weren't going to call anything.

_________________
Zone Blitz - Steelers Football Discussion
Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers (Off topic threads not permitted and this forum will be strictly moderated. Threads containing political, religious or racial remarks won't be tolerated.)
Yeah, right.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eastern Conference Finals
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 1:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16332
Donnie Brasco wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Can someone explain to me how Wilson's hit on Kunitz that led to the first goal... how is that not interference?

Wilson came in to light Kunitz up before Kunitz played the puck. The fact that the puck grazed Wilson's stick after was irrelevant... isn't it?


You're funny. Thinking any kind of interference penalty is going to be called in a Game 7

yeah but we all know penalties are called because of outcome-- injury or scoring chance the other way... arm goes up. Even in the SCP.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eastern Conference Finals
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 2:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:17 pm
Posts: 1387
alancac98 wrote:
Wilson is a scum bag thug. His only intent is to injured so I just can't get behind your thinking here. If he would clean up his dirty hits, he could find a little respect.


Coburn disrespected Kuznetsov, tore his jersey off and threw it on the ice. Tom Wilson corrected that behavior. The fight itself was a pre-arranged transaction between two gentlemen who had unfinished business prior to entry to the sin bin. Props to Coburn who I guess isn't as polished at punching as Wilson is, for going toe to toe anyways. Nothing at all dirty about it, though it is decidedly old-school.

As far as Wilson being a "scum bag thug," I will enjoy watching you guys completely mute your cognitive dissonance on the topic when you root for the team that employs James Neal.

_________________
Zeke5123 wrote:
if I flip a coin 100 times and it always comes up heads, I might change my estimation on whether it is a fair coin.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eastern Conference Finals
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 3:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 4426
DrMalba wrote:
alancac98 wrote:
Wilson is a scum bag thug. His only intent is to injured so I just can't get behind your thinking here. If he would clean up his dirty hits, he could find a little respect.


Coburn disrespected Kuznetsov, tore his jersey off and threw it on the ice. Tom Wilson corrected that behavior. The fight itself was a pre-arranged transaction between two gentlemen who had unfinished business prior to entry to the sin bin. Props to Coburn who I guess isn't as polished at punching as Wilson is, for going toe to toe anyways. Nothing at all dirty about it, though it is decidedly old-school.

As far as Wilson being a "scum bag thug," I will enjoy watching you guys completely mute your cognitive dissonance on the topic when you root for the team that employs James Neal.


Well the Pens specifically got rid of Cooke and Neal because of their nonsense. And the Caps employed Matt Cooke for a season if I recall correctly?

I don't have an issue with the fight...I thought the jersey thing was funny. Funny how Wilson felt like Colburne should have answered the bell (and he did) , but ran away like a little baby when Oleksiak challenged him.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group