It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Eastern Conference Finals
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 12:30 pm 

Maybe will see Caps-Vegas in Finals, and Fleury dash Caps' fans hopes once again!!

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 1:04 pm 

Was not expecting that...

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 4:56 pm 

Meh. Boston did that to Tampa in the first game last round, and then Tampa blew their doors off.

Unless Caps go up 2-0, I still think Tampa is the class of the East.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 6:51 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Meh. Boston did that to Tampa in the first game last round, and then Tampa blew their doors off.

Unless Caps go up 2-0, I still think Tampa is the class of the East.

Remember Pens' first Cup run in '91? Lost Game #1 of all four series.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:11 pm 

Hockey playoffs have been much better than boring hoops playoffs...maybe the NBA can put on a show this round.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:14 pm 

Utter domination for the entirety of the first two periods. Tampa Bay didn't even realize they were in a playoff game until the ice tilted for a while in the third, and the Caps still rang the crossbar that period and suffocated them at the end.
I can't believe the upcoming games are going to go that well again, but I was pleased to see no letdown.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:22 pm 

The first game rarely gives you a true insight into the series.
What I found interesting last night was when the Caps got that second goal Tampa seemed to get more tight. They never found a groove.
Don't get why everyone is talking about the long layoff for Tampa when it was just a day longer.
And the Caps were in sync last night.

Tomorrow should be very interesting.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:58 pm 

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:
fractalsteel wrote:
I realize this technically should be in the other forum but the puckheads that post here come here first. If the mods think otherwise feel free to move it.

If someone else wants to start a thread on the WCF-go to it.

I figure we can post each game here unless it becomes convenient to start a game thread, game to game.

Tampa in 6 but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Washington gets to the finals.

TB is way too good for the Caps. Bolts in 4 or 5 games

About that...

Everything Washington is doing is going in the net...

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:28 pm 

Nice cross check to the face there, Kempney. How can anyone root for this fucking dogshit team?

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:35 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
Nice cross check to the face there, Kempney. How can anyone root for this fucking dogshit team?

Maata high sticked a flyer pretty bad. Lots of unintentional stuff happens in front of the net

I don't mind the caps outside of the dirt bag Wilson. Lots of skill on this team, kuzy is finally showing up during the playoffs... He's super talented too. Carlson is the dman that we wish Letang was

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 11:19 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:

You seem to be an admirer of contact in the game. Dont ignore the fine work of Chris Kunitz tonight.
Tampa hits back.
Caps sent that home crowd fleeing. And they are *still* down their best center.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 11:32 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
I don't mind the caps outside of the dirt bag Wilson. Lots of skill on this team, kuzy is finally showing up during the playoffs... He's super talented too. Carlson is the dman that we wish Letang was

I feel the same way about the craps, though I lump their coach in with Wilson as a real douche. I actually kinda like Ovie [ducks].

I'm also generally one of those fans that likes to see the team that beat my team go as far as possible. Losing to the eventual champ makes me feel better about the loss.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:10 am 

DrMalba wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:

You seem to be an admirer of contact in the game. Dont ignore the fine work of Chris Kunitz tonight.
Tampa hits back.
Caps sent that home crowd fleeing. And they are *still* down their best center.

Yes, much like the Pens have done to the D.C. crowds for ages. Poor saps.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:19 am 

Y-Town Steel wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:

I'm also generally one of those fans that likes to see the team that beat my team go as far as possible. Losing to the eventual champ makes me feel better about the loss.

No thanks

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:03 am 

Ok...now Tampa better start showing up...

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:04 am 

Y-Town Steel wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:

I feel the same way about the craps, though I lump their coach in with Wilson as a real douche. I actually kinda like Ovie [ducks].

I'm the opposite, but honestly, don't much really give a shit. Not like the Caps are the Patriots.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:13 am 

I want to see the Caps lose. Not because I have any tremendous hatred for them, except headhunter Tom Wilson. But I really don't want give up the White Russian without a cup joke. Hey bartender...get me an Ovechkin.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:44 am 

Suwanee88 wrote:
Y-Town Steel wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:

No thanks
Me too. It's mostly the team/ coach attitude and I dislike ovechkin as a person. Appreciate his talent, but I think he's an asshole hit with an ugly stick.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:46 pm 

How about that, Tampa scores first. That PK seemed to awaken them a bit.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:01 pm 

I've always wondered, if they could have it back again, would they still have picked Captain Caveman first overall?

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:27 pm 

Man Kempney is such a cheap prick. Fucking bush league shithead hockey player right there. Dumbass Caps.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:37 pm 

Roenick has been ripping us all night and it is totally deserved, though Vasilevsky has been way sturdier. Way to let a beaten foe right back into a series.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:31 am 

So much stick work in this game-- at least 80% of it was Caps. Not a good strategy when you're up 2 games to none. I know history says the Caps have about an 85% chance of winning the series, but impossible to rule it out after tonight. Game 4 is giant.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:03 am 

Replaying scoring plays from last night....is there any goalie that has an answer for high glove?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:03 am 

be great to see the caps choke this series away..their fans were really believing this their year..maybe tampa has their number now.. holtby returns to normal...
amazing the road records in this years eastern conference playoffs.. west too for that matter.
..home ice advantage is a disadvantage.